• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I'm playing Platinum, and just got Giratina. Out of curiosity, what ball did you use to catch it?

I caught mine with a Dusk Ball ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    Dusk Ball as well, it fits Giratina well. :D
    It took three tries though. :(
    I agree, I had used 10 ultra, 5 timer, a Premier ball(for lols) and then tried my only Dusk I had, before just saying forget it and using masterball ^^

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I used my Masterball in Platinum. Seriously, though. Giratina was being very difficult. I went through three! Three sessions! of using 70+ Ultra/Dusk balls with it having like four HP left. And It wouldn't let me catch it! >.<

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Like all Pokemon that appear as sprites outside of battle (excluding Difloon), I used my Master Ball just so I could softreset until I obtained a Giratina viable for competitive battling.

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    A Dusk Ball (that was hard work) and ten minutes later my friend caught it with a Poke ball

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
    I used a normal Pokeball. I was REALLY lucky I tell you. Especially considering the fact I caught it the first try. I was trying to be funny and I told my brother "Hey, Watch me catch it with a Pokeball." And click I caught him. My jaw dropped so far. ^_^ Lucky me.

Years
    I used a Dusk Ball because I think it goes well with Giratina. I like how Gira comes out of it

(I catch my Ghost and Dark type pokemon with Dusk Balls)

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I used my master ball on Giratina. I always use my master ball on the version mascot and also I was impatient at the time.

Back