• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What ball do you all ways use?

What ball do you always use?

• Pokeball

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Greatball

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Ultraball

Votes: 32 55.2%

• Total voters

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    What ball do you always use?

Which one of the 3 main pokeball prove you the best?Why?

I like them all but when catching legendary I use pokeball they are decent to look if you catch a legendary with pokeball.
    I mean being proud of catching a legendary with just a pokeball.I just can't choose so I just vote to Pokeball.
    Note : I like them all.It is hard to choose from the 3

Last edited:

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Well, if I can afford it, and are far enough in the game, I'll always try and use the ultra ball. Just the best chances. xD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    It depends on the level of the Pokemon and how badly I want it. If it's anything under level twenty, for example, I use a Poke Ball. If it's twenty to thirty, I use a Great Ball. Anything above thirty gets an Ultra Ball. However, of course, if it's a rare Pokemon, shiny, or something that's been giving me trouble with the lower balls, I chuck an Ultra at it to be done with it.

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    Ultra balls, always. I could probably catch any poke with a pokeball, and I really would, because it looks better, but there's one reason I use Ultra balls: I have very little patience. Very close to none...

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    Well at the start I use pokeballs.
    Then after 5 GYM's gone I switch to great ball.
    I only use ultra balls on rare/legendary pokemon so when I get them I save em and dont buy any.

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    Ha, I've only used free pokéballs from the beginning on Ruby, the pokéballs I've been given etc. The other ones are Safari Balls, and pokéballs when pokémon have hatched from eggs.
    But I always carry an ultar ball on me, just incase somethign special occurs.

Years
    In my LG version I use ultra balls, because I have money for them(After battling the rich people at Resort Gorgeous hundreds of times with an amulet coin on my pokemon).

In my other versions I use great balls.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Ultraball. Simple, they catch stronger pokemon. And, I don't have to worry about how much they cost, I have enough money in the game.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    It looks like you're gonna get a lot of Ultra Ball users here, Golden Mew.
    Well I only tend to use them when catching a Legendary Pokemon or when I'm trying to catch a stubborn Pokemon that would easily escape from a conventional Pokeball.
    Otherwise, I'd go for Great Balls. But I voted for Ultra Balls because they are very useful, and has a better catch rate.

Years
    Ultraballs for me as well, when I get that far. I have the money -- why not spend a little extra money for a better chance of catching a Pokemon? ^^;

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    I have 999999 so I have a lot of Ultra Balls, so I use those. XD

When I lose money, I just go fight someone, so no shark. ;P

enyce

banned
    Years
    I always use gameshark to buy 99 masterballs, even if I do a game without cheating. That just means the only cheat im going to do is to buy 99 master balls. :/

Its because my patience is low

Back