• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What books have you read lately?

WeisseEdelweiss

Executor
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Feb 22, 2013
    Right now, I'm reading David Icke's Global Conspiracy Guide (and how to end it).
    The information in this reading is just phenomenal. If you're into mysteries, and answers, this is the book for you, too. :3
    I'm only a third into it, and I can't seem to put it down. ^.^

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Right now I'm working on reading Brisingr, but I've been procrastinating and Christmas doesn't help. :P

I need to start on my book project. My friend picked the worst book possible, but it's the only book set in Portugal for our reading level, so you have to do, what you have to do.

Years
    Recently I've finished Stephen King's 'salem's Lot, Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights and George Orwell's Nineteen Eigty-Four. Oh, and Death Note: Another Note The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by Nisio Isin. :3

I have a few books I've just started or yet to read. Those are The Shining, also by King, Terry Pratchett's Nation and Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore. The latter two were for Christmas, but I bought The Shining at the same time as Nineteen Eighty-Four and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. >_>;

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    I've got some new manga to tuck into, as well as finish my Salvador Dali books.

I have started reading Long Road Home. It's a book written by a local author in my area, Valerie Wood. My Nanna used to get a new book of hers, signed, every Christmas, but this is the first book she hasn't got, because she is no longer with us.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Well, I haven't read it... nor am I reading it.
    BUT! A while ago I got Talon of the Silver Hawk, which I've already read once, and I've been wanting to read again. Although, I can't seem to get myself to pick it up and read a substantial amount in one go.
    Oh well, maybe someday I'll force myself to read it...

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Well, I haven't read it... nor am I reading it.
    BUT! A while ago I got Talon of the Silver Hawk, which I've already read once, and I've been wanting to read again. Although, I can't seem to get myself to pick it up and read a substantial amount in one go.
    Oh well, maybe someday I'll force myself to read it...

I actually really like that book XD

Right now I'm reading:

• The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy Trilogy--Douglas Adams
    • The Wounded Land--Stephen Donaldson

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I love twilight!

I'm currently reading eclipse, and I'm gonna buy Breaking Dawn next week.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I am reading Master Pip for English Literature for school, I have only started it but it is looking ok.

King!

better
    Years
    I just finished Twilight today and saw the movie.
    It was a great book and I don't normally read romance so thats saying something.
    I really like the way the book is written and want to read the second one but can't because of a program called Battle of the Books at my school.
    I'll read it someday!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I read Twilight because my brother, mom, aunt, and cousins kept bothering me with it. Right now I am reading The Jane Austen Book Club, so far it's great!

Years
    As of now I'm reading Next by Micheal Crichton.
    It's pretty good if you like science,law,and some backstabbing.

And EVERYONE loves Breaking Dawn, since its the last one and...yeah.

Lmao.
    Spoiler:

Death Note: Another Note The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases by Nisio Isin. :3
    Damn.You need to fill me in on that book.It's kinda confusing and I don't feel like re-reading it.

Last edited:

rosewisteria

~Cuteness is NOT a crime~
    Years
    I am also reading Twilight. XD It's reverse for me though. I watched movie first and then went out to read the book. ^^;;

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
    Finished Twilight ages ago, It was my faovurite series for a while, But then after a re-read I found that they didn't deserve the hype they got/Still get. Anyway, At the moment I'm reading Road Of the Dead by Kevin Brooks, but I also recently finsihed another by Him called Candy. Both are very good and I recommend them to anyone looking to read :>

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I'm reading Winter King by Bernard Cornwell, a very good book about King Arthur in the period of 460-480 AD (timeline is slightly confusing), and am continuing to plow through his Saxon Tales series. I planned to start reading Diario de un Skin for spanish class, but have been unable to find a copy.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    SURPRISE, SURPRISE. I've been totally hooked on the Twilight saga. I'm on Breaking Dawn now, and I just started it today. I've read two of them since Christmas time. D: They are awfully addicting, even though I can't even decide if I like the way Stephanie Meyer writes.

Other than that, the last novel I read was Lost by Joy Fielding. It was okay. I only read it because it was for my English class, and I needed a good mystery book to tie in with some assignment I have to do. It was actually very suspenseful, but I didn't exactly like the way it ended. It was a little bit of a let-down.. it felt like I read all those pages just to find out that ONE THING that was revealed at the end. phail.

Years
    Currently reading Lion of Ireland (romanticized version of an era of Irish history)
    Also got into comics after Christmas, read Prince of Persia: The Graphic Novel and Wanted. Both excellent, although PoP is very hard to follow.

Favorite book of all time is Catcher in the Rye.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    The Twilight books >__< I have no idea why everyone hates them so much, atleast around here. D: I love them. <3

Im just about to start reading the last part, Breaking Dawn. :< don't want it to be overrr

Back