• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What brings you back?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    What usually brings you back to the game? I haven't found much of a reason yet to bring myself to pick up Diamond again, other than just seeing al my pride and joy of the Pokemon world.

But I'm sure we all have different reasons why we'd return to play, right? Some like breeding, some like certain areas, so what do you like?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    it's so much to do. IF your not catching them all, you have contests cause people rarely do them, ev training, shiny hunting, competitive battling, the battle tower. That's a lot of things to keep you occupied.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Shiny hunting and EV training; however, sometimes I enjoy competitive battling. I just like to try training new pokemon.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    The Pokemon.

I'm sure this sounds silly and immature,but I love my Pokemon..And I shall train them to be the best they can be!

I have alot of Pokemon I haven't trained yet,they're low levels,and aren't completely affectionate to me..I also have my contest Pokemon,I caught 3 Buneary's yesterday.

Also,I really want to obtain every Pokemon.
    That means I battle tower!
    ..EV training!I must EV train!

I keep on forgetting though,I usually just train Pokemon I like,I don't actually look at their stats,I look at their personalities and gender ^^;
    I don't really care for their personalities though.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Probably the Battle Tower.
    I go there every time I'm bored.
    If that doesn't bring me back then the legendary pokemons do, since I have yet to have catch them all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am always playing my games cuz I never get bored of them ':D
    But mainly becuase of the contests in it..

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Training usually. I always have a set team, but then I wonder about how other pokemon would work together, so I make new teams. That of course leads to gambling, so I can buy TM's and then it starts rolling from there.

What can I say? Pokemon is a fun game, eh?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like doing challenges on games. Its a lot of fun, but I also like trading and *sometimes* EV training.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    I want to catch 'em all. I've never successfully done that in any previous generation, but I'm determined in this one. So that will keep me coming back.

I think once I get the PokeRadar, shiny hunting will keep me interested. I've caught 2 shiny pokemon this generation by chance, and keeps me wanting more.

Competitive battling I'm not really into. I have EV-trained both my shiny pokemon, but they're definitely UU or NU tier - not fit for the true OU battles everyone looks for. I just took whatever random nature and IV's each had, and built a moveset around that. They're not powerhouses, but they're unique. So I guess doing stuff like that keeps me coming back for more.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    I havent even left my game aside so I dont need to get back in the game I play most of my Gen 3 and 4 games every week

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Competitive battling and the Battle Tower

I'm starting to get into breeding. Not really for my own sake, because I have plenty of battle worthy Pokemon, but basically so I can nickname them, and prep a Platinum team.

Soft resetting. I have a Diamond copy where I'm about to face Dialga.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    for me i guess the fact that i crave to play it again so i start playing again

Years
    Well I always find stuff to do like continuing training of some Pokémon, searching and trading for some that I don't have and I used to go back for battling when I had a wireless connection.

Back