• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What brings you back?

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    I used to just play the ingame then stop playing, but I recently discorvered event pokemon and found it very fun to collect them. I am also going to start competetive battling. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    I'm one of those that go through pokemon phases. =P I'll play for three months, won't pick it up for five. But I always come back because of my pokemon. I loves them like they were real. I get oddly attatched to the little pixels. lol Especially my Swellow from Sapphire that's now on Diamond. I <3 my boy.

Grovyle Style

Nature Loving Gecko
    Years
    What usually brings me back to play?

Hm. . . Usually the idea of better EV training my pokemon and the fact that one of my friends like to battle me in PBR and so I often play around with my teams on Pearl until our battle date.

homurakitsune

Conlanger
    Years
    I keep playing because I like experimenting with different teams. I'll play through the game with one team, restart, and play again. (At least with the older versions like Yellow or Crystal.)

As for Diamond/Pearl: I want to do absolutely everything in these games. I want a black trainer card, all 493 pokemon, and I want at least one(if not more) team(s) at level 100. My obsessive nature keeps me going. Haha.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    After all these years, I'm still determined to catch 'em all. So I guess that's the reason I still keep playing.

Haruki Yamamoto

揮発性の研修生
    Years
    I've played Pokemon (Pearl) for a few months, but now I find no interest for it. Obviously, it got boring when I bought Action Replay, but I'm not going to start up the discussion about that. I never play now-a-days - game is obviously too boring for me. I might start up with Pokemon (Platinum) when I feel like it - possibly in a few months.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I started to play pokemon ranch and now i play it every day

Chatot

Chatot used Chatter!
    Years
    I haven't played my Diamond in about a month, but I've also enjoyed competitive battling. Since I found Shoddy I haven't played much of it at all.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I was brought back today because I missed it so much. I realised how much I loved it, and I had been looking for it, because it had been lost. The graphics are so good, and the music... And I grow attached to my Pokemon. I don't want to let them down by not beating the Elite Four. I haven't done so in some of my other games, but I'm determined that I'll finish this one.
    I just love the game. It's great, IMO. ^_^

xX

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    ... I'm the first one to say "the plot," aren't I? I like making up personalities for my trainer, and play through the game imagining that personality.

They're ridiculously corny, but fun. I'll start a new game in Emerald and say "Okay, this boy's secretly joined Team Rocket without letting his parents know and he wants to defeat Teams Magma and Aqua to clear the way for a Rocket takeover of Hoenn," or I'll start a game in Pearl and say "This girl doesn't actually care about gyms, she just wants to collect rare Pokémon and so she beats gyms to get the HMs to reach them, and the only reason she beat Team Galactic was to take Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf for herself."

And I can play through the exact same plot over and over, but as long as I keep imagining different characters (on a previous Pokémon Emerald file, I was pretending to be an extra-terrestrial with self-esteem issues...) it stays new.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    The reason I pick up a game for the first time is because I wonder what the plot is. After that, what makes me come back to a game is wanting to try out new teams, or to just play through for nostalgia.

Last edited:
    I usually get bored, but then have some crazy idea, that I want to either, get a pokemon with a good nature/IV's and so on, and EV train it out of pure boredem, I also like shiny hunting, but I havnt done for a while, except, I restarted and am doing a Flying Monotype, I am starting with nothing, so I lost all my pokemon (it will be fun to end that book, and start a new one with NOTHING!) it keeps me going :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    I usually start playing again once I learn some new weird mechanic that I didn't know of before. I just barely learned how you would find shinys and EV train, so I'll be doing that for awhile.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    I just finish my Pokemon Journey and then look for Shinys and on Thursday I will just have some battles with my friends thats my main game.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    I was jilted into coming back by several other PC members, due to my apparent celebrity status here. *shrug* Made me feel like looking up all the times I Ichida'd people. *chuckles* Good times.

Huh? Oh, yeah, and Platinum. I guess. :P

Back