• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What can you make out from Isshu?

Would you like to be able to fly to all/some regions?

• Duh! It would be totally awesome, and a great way to fill my Pokedex.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • It would be cool, but I don't are either way.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No way, that would totally be lame, and why would anyone want to go through 40 different gym?

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    So from the scans, we got an image of the upcoming vast region, Isshu.

Now, from the picture below (gotten from PokeBeach but edited). I highlighted the different sections to the region thus far. what can you make out from the region?

What can you make out from Isshu?

I can see a Ferris wheel! Maybe we can Battle Trainers on there! :D

Last edited:

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Well....

I just hope you don't start near the desert. Sure I want the crocodile pokemon, but if you start there there is a high chance of a Rock type Gym Leader being the first. And I hope that isn't the case, there are too many first Gym Leaders who are Rock to begin with.

Anyways, I hope that the place with the ferris wheel is the new Battle Frontier, but maybe like the "Battle Carnival" or something? That would be good in my eyes.

The ruins in the top left is probably where you get Zekrom or Reshiram. Or maybe that place in the middle...

Uhh...Mountain range...I see a little town in the back there. Maybe a Flying or Rock Gym Leader there? Possibly Ghost or Dragon, even!

I might edit this when I get more ideas.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well i see Huin, the town with the bridge over the water, and .... a lighthouse :)
    i can't see the Factory or the town with the train tracks, but something else that really caught my eye was the fact that there are three islands :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I've highlighted a few more bits like Caves in the mountains. It seems they may be another snow area and a desert. I really do like the PokeBall Lake, very, very creative. This region really does look HUGE! I hope they make do of it's space, as it's seems lots are empty, like those "islands". The ships probably go there, but they seem deserted.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    My thoughts on the center land
    Well, there is another dessert in the game. (If you count the ruins in R/S/E). I really hope this doesn't turn out like the blizzard in D/P. That was just horrible!

The Hinun(?) City looks as big as it was made out to be. I mean when looking at other screens of other maps, and this map itself. I think that this will be the largest city in the game! I'm pretty sure that this will be a city that you come across several times in the game, and will have a lot of activity. It will probably hold the contests, the game corner, the super PC with the GTS, The Battle Frontier, A Gym, The enemy's base, and a radio tower. These things here would fill up the city, and make it as big as it can get. I also think that the market will appear here too!

Above the dessert seems to be a park of some sort with rides and stuff. I would not be surprised if they used this as a town. It would probley be photo-gentic with all the stuff, and there would be a lot to do. This is also the best place to have a dark gym! Clowns everywhere inside the gym, and the Gym leader is a clown/circus master.

Above this you see a pool of water with an island with a shrine in it. This is one of the places where I give speculation for the legendary apperenced. Maybe not the two cover ones, but the ones that are just in-game. Maybe it'll be the place where you get the 3rd..

North of that there is a town, simple enough. Then there is what seems like a giant marsh. Next to it is a bridge, and a small mountain. I have high suspesion that this will hold the ever so famous Pokemon league. The placement of the league is a bit random compared to where the other leagues where.

Right Side

There isn't much shown here for me to tell.

There seems to be a white mountain behind the text, but I can't say for sure. This could be where the electric cave is! I'm guessing that the player would go through here to get to a town that would be where victory road really starts at.

On the southern side, I see a large forest. I'm guessing this is where that one forest was!

The starter town looks like it can be the one is the lower right, while the secondary town is just to the up-left. Then theres a town in the mid-right which I think will hold the 1st gym. Then, you would either go north through the cave/cross the bridge, to the castle, and over to the city!

Theres a lot of trees.

Left Side.
    The town that is connecting with the red drawbridge must be the other port of the world. This town also holds a light house, and will probably resemble other port like city's from the past. (cough olivine cough)

I see a dark red evil cave, some ruins, and maybe a town in the north of the left side, however I can't really make it out what to be.

The big thing I see is all the mountains in the back, which can hold a legendary, go along with the story, be tunnels, or just being there for no real reason.

Thats my thoughts on what I can see/uncovered

Oh yeah: The honny comb place looks like a gym. It could hint off a Bug Gym!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Three islands? I only see 2...
    There is one on the left side and two on the right. With a small chain of mini islands between the two on the right side. From what I can get from it there is two mountain ranges. The shrines as said look like they are on in the top left. Right side seems a be shrouded with the text and clouds so I can make much out of that area. Looks like a pretty good sized desert, probably has an abundant Ground and Rock type pokes in this region due to the two mountain ranges and the desert area.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    So from the scans, we got an image of the upcoming vast region, Isshu.

Now, from the picture below (gotten from PokeBeach but edited). I highlighted the different sections to the region thus far. what can you make out from the region?

What can you make out from Isshu?

I can see a Ferris wheel! Maybe we can Battle Trainers on there! :D

Meguroko (the crocodile) was shown to be lvl 15 in a desert battle scene. This leads me to believe that we are going to be going through that desert rather quickly.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    ^Ground gym, I can do with (as long as its not the first!). Make it like the 3rd gym, and you got something :D

^^Maybe it will have different sections to it. I predicted that it would come up after the town that I speculated being the first gym.

I think that would be cool if you have different sections of the area where you can have different levels of Pokemon.

Well, lv 15 - 20 ish is probably going to near the 2nd or 3rd gym.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    its not as big as I would hope to be, but maybe it will seem bigger in gameplay. Yay for more water travel! I hope that there are dive spots in Isshu

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Easy discovery-LOTS of water types~very few fire types.

The ENTIRE place is surrounded by and filled with and built around water.
    Plus, it works that way ine every game.

I still think it looks cool.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    W-w-whoa! Is that Isshu? That's a large region! =o I think this game is gonna be long, if that whole map in Isshu. No need for another region in this game!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I really can't approve of that 'desert' region.... that's suppose to be where midtown is. But it was anything but sand filled =/

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    This is definatly new york, new york.

If you look on the very bottom of the brooklyn side, there is a small area with only a few homes. That is probaly the starter town, which would mean you travel up to the first gym, which is wooded, so mabye grass, or bug?

some text covers up queens, but i can see an icy reigon. you probaly wont be able to get there. i bet you cross the bridge to huin (manhattan) and thats where the evil team is. you will get your second badge there, and the gym will be steel, electric, or normal. somthing urban.

Then you travel to mid-town manhattan, the desert. there will be a ground or rock gym there, which will be good becuase you can face some devolped rock/ground pokemon.

then travel to the circus city, mabye some cool 3D from the top of the ferris wheel. Get your 4th badge, which will be either psychic or dark. I hope its dark.

Then that connects to new jersey, a port city. Water type of course. this town will be forgetable.

That will connect you to the moutian chain, and there will be a long journy through them, and when you come out on the other side, you end up at a town that looks ritualistic. this will be where you learn about the legendarys, and meet the evil team, and the story starts to pick up.

Cross the bridge into harlem, and face a gym, which will be either grass or bug ( which ever wasnt used for the first.) this will give you the HM to get across the icy moutian.

Back in queens you cross the mountian to get to the last gym, ice type. there you will have to go back to huin to defeat the evil team for the last time, the boss escape, and you catch at the pokeball lake thing in the center, and you defeat him and catch the legendary (just guessing)

The area at the top of new jersey will be a safari zone.

the areas at the very left will be battle fronteirs.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    I don't have much to say, it just seems like too many enviroments are smoshed together unnatruly on randomly cnnected islands. that shining blue mountain seems completely uot of place, same with that random huge desert brimming Hiun city...
    It just seems all that spce is uninhabited...

Years
    This is my first post ever! Unfortunatly, since it is my first post, I cannot put a link to what I have found. So here are directions.

Go to google earth/maps,
    find Japan,
    look across the Sea of Japan to where N. Korea, China and Russia almost meet together.
    There should be a city called Vladivostok. I have a feeling that Vladivostok, Russia is Huin City!!! If you are using Google Earth, then you can rotate the map and get the exact angle that is in the pic posted on serebii.net, otherwise you will just have to trust me. There is no bridge going across the bays next to Vlad, but there is also no cycling road near kanto... There are also some mtns. off to the left of Vlad which are in the pic on serebii.

What do you guys think, have I found it??

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I really look forward to that PokeBall lake, it's so creative, I'm mesmerized.

Lovely points Thunderhead! Great insight. You too Magmarizer

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't have much to say, it just seems like too many enviroments are smoshed together unnatruly on randomly cnnected islands. that shining blue mountain seems completely uot of place, same with that random huge desert brimming Hiun city...
    It just seems all that spce is uninhabited...

Think of the desert as Las Vegas..surely it looks out of place doesn't it? It will still work, and I'm glad that they at least brought the desert back. But yeah I see what you mean. The other regions climate zones seemed to fit in nicely...Isshu's sort of looks like a mess. It will probably look better in gameplay though.

-----------------------
    Well since it appears that Isshu is smaller than the other regions (I assume) I just hope there is much to do. I was hoping for a huge region like Sinnoh or Hoenn but..mehh I'm sort of okay with this.

We will probably start somewhere on the left land formation. The starting town looked rural and this is my best guess of where the 'rural' part of Isshu is at, above and around the mountains..
    Spoiler:

Also that area above the garden-like area looks like it could be the starting point.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Ah, that's a great scan! I didn't even know they had the region up yet. It looks awesome. :D

Back