• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What! Charizard is Fire/Flying not Fire/Dragon?!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Yeah, best title ever tbh. Anyway, we all know that there are some Pokemon that should have an extra type. >_> Bleh, let me explain more.

I think Grimer should be Poison/Water, not just pure Poison since it inhabit's water as well as sludgy rubbish. :c

I also think Emboar should be Fire/Ground/Rock (Either Ground or Rock.)

So, what Pokemon do you think should of gotten different types than they already have?

inb4serperiourandcharizardbeingdragon

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I always though Braviary should have been Fighting/Flying instead of Normal/Flying. Also Gyarados, Charizard and Serperior should've been part Dragon. Don't worry I know why they're not I just think they should have been. I also think Cofagrigus should have been Ghost/Rock or Steel judging on its appearance. I also think Cascoon should also be part Poison Type. I also think Ninetails should've been Fire/Ghost or Dark because of its curses.

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
  • Groudon should have been part Fire! so a Ground/Fire
    Kyogre, I think, Should be part electric, for a Water/Electric combo.
    Cubone/Marowak being part fighting for a Fighting/Ground would be interesting.

I think the whole reason Charizard wasn't Dragon type is it would be the most obvious choice for players to choose

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I honestly don't understand how Mawile is steel at all. I would've just guessed Dark for it if I hadn't realized it was steel.

Also, Porygon (and it's evos) should definitely be Normal/Psychic. When I was young, I thought Porygon was psychic. I was confused when I discovered otherwise. It just strikes me as psychic type...

Drowzee/Hypno... I think they should be Dark/Psychic. Seems an odd duo-type... but they kind of have a "dark" story. (Eating dreams and what not.) And have always struck me as "Dark" as well as Psychic. (And hey, if Ground/Electric types exist... why not Psychic/Dark?)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The trouble with Charizard and Serperior being part Dragon is that they're starter Pokemon. Dragon is easily the most powerful type out there, and having a Starter Pokemon grow into a Dragon seems a little unfair.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • The problem with Charizard being Fire/Dragon would be the lack of a Water weakness (though Ice would be super-effective on Fire/Dragon in Generation I.) Water/Dragon Gyarados would have NO weaknesses at all in Gen I. As for Grass/Dragon Serperior, it would double resist Water, Grass, and Electric but be double weak to Ice.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I personally think that Lugia should have Water type on him.
    But I don't know how to mix it with his current type, whether he should become Water/Psychic or Water/Flying.

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I always thought Darkrai was a ghost type.
    I think it should be, even though it has Dark in the name.
    I would give it Dark/Ghost, but that would just be cheap.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I always though Braviary should have been Fighting/Flying instead of Normal/Flying. Also Gyarados, Charizard and Serperior should've been part Dragon. Don't worry I know why they're not I just think they should have been. I also think Cofagrigus should have been Ghost/Rock or Steel judging on its appearance. I also think Cascoon should also be part Poison Type. I also think Ninetails should've been Fire/Ghost or Dark because of its curses.
    ^this, although Cofagrigus is more ground than rock to me :/.
    Also, Porygon/2/Z should be part Psychic
    Sceptile also always struck me as a Dragon... idk why though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    I always thought Darkrai was a ghost type.
    I think it should be, even though it has Dark in the name.
    I would give it Dark/Ghost, but that would just be cheap.

We already have Sableye and Spiritomb for that. So Dark/Ghost is more than welcome lol

Sceptile also always struck me as a Dragon... idk why though.

Maybe the fact that it can learn Dragon Claw?

Also, would anyone agree to have Arceus be a ??? type? You know, since it's GOD and all

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I honestly don't understand how Mawile is steel at all. I would've just guessed Dark for it if I hadn't realized it was steel.

This. But I thought it was a Normal type. I found it odd why my Normal attacks weren't doing a lot against it. It doesn't look like a Steel type at all, lmao.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Luxray and its evolutionary relatives (Shinx and Luxio) are pure Electric-type.

They meant that they learn a lot of Dark type moves, which led to the "it should be part dark/electric"

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Meowth/Persian: Dark
    They bite, steal shiny things and they look like dark types imo.

Ninetales: Fire/Ghost or Ghost/Psychic
    You probably know that.

Lugia: Water/Flying
    obvious

Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
    It learns a lot of psychic type moves.

Back