• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What compells you to purchase both?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, my brother will get whichever one I don't (so he'll pick up Silver and I grab Gold) but I may get a copy of Silver for myself too... I had both in gen 2 so it'd be more for "tradition" than anything. :x Maybe I'll snatch a Japanese copy of Silver when it's released and play through it a bit. Or not. I dunno! If I get both though, it'll only be to match my buying habits 10 years ago. Lame but oh well. 8D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I only got Crystal at the time, while my sister had Silver before. So I would like to play the Soul Silver game, while she gets the Heart Gold. I'm pretty sure there might be a time when we swap versions though. So no matter, as I'll be getting both because of having a sibling who enjoys the samething I do.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm getting FOUR games:

-Heart Gold in Japanese
    -Soul Silver in Japanese
    -Heart Gold in English
    -Soul Silver in English

Why? BECAUSE I CAN!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Heart Gold to have fun in and complete the game, and Soul Silver to use for extra things.

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
    Well I would buy them because: I would like to get again supfic pokémon, play my main as a girl and the other one as a boy, to see the differences in the games, I don't/can't have Wi-Fi, and also I would let my little brother play my non-main if he wants and not worry if he accidently saves. Sorry if it isn't orginal, but it is the truth. ^3^

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I will buy both i guess.. Because when i bought only one... Then bought the other version from the next month.. They would usually say" Out of Stock" I hate that word :3.. Haha

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    For one, so I can say I own EVERY pokemon game lol. The other is because I don't like to start a new game when I have strong pokemon and such on the old one so I start a new file on the new one.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    to be able to say "i have both" bragging rights, collecting purposes,

myself, i want both because...im not sure, Cx/fail
    because i can xD

i want the japanese versions too 8O bragging rights

Years
    Two separate Johto parties. I can do new games in 1 of them.

Also, I won't have to trade with stupid people on Wifi who ask for a Palkia in exchange for a level 29 Pichu.

Spoiler:

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    OCD-ness. I have to have a copy of every game even if they're basically the same. I just want to have the opportunity to catch everything and have access to everything. For example, if they did make Ho-Oh and Lugia exclusive to each version (which they shouldn't >_>), I'd want to be able to catch both by myself so I could reset for IV's/shininess/etc. I'll probably start out buying only one on release, but I'll buy the other one eventually when I finish the first.

Dan LegitTrading

Legit Trader
    Years
    i was n love with Crystal, loved every second.

People hope for a remake of crystal but did they do a remake of yellow?

i might get both, might just get one actually.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Definitely getting both for a lot of reasons actually. For one, it'll be a plus to have both as it'll make getting all the starters easier and plus when I need to trade for an evolution that I need I can do it simply easy and faster than through Wi-Fi where you can get a little lag during the process. Also, getting both only means double the fun, and if I gain somethign rare and exclusive at least I have a backup where I won't lose it when needed. Even if I get bored, I've got one to play over just for nostalgic reasons. And having the chance to relive Johto with the new style they've given it will be quite fun, and not to mention all the features that'll be included.

I've got to say, I never got to play Gold before neither Silver, only Crystal. Having the chance to see what it might have been like compared to Crystal would be a great experience to share. Having both will also allow me to easily get the exclusives from each generation, like how I was able to do back in RSE, FRLG, and now DPPt.

Twice the fun, and twice the trouble when it comes to Team Rocket as well.

Back