• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with your Masterball? (Or going to..)

Nam

Years
  • As the name of this thread suggests, I want to know what everyone did or will do with their Masterball. I guess to put bluntly, what pokemon will you catch with it?

Nam

Years
  • Yeah, I think the Masterball should be saved for desperate times like, lets say for whatever reason, perhaps a one chance event occurs. And you accidentally poisoned the legendary or extreme rare pokemon and if you don't catch it now you'll never have the chance to get it, unless traded. So then you'd use a Masterball. Although, that's a very specific situation. xD

I'm actually the same as you I guess.

Years
  • On SoulSilver I used it to catch Lugia, after some 30+ ultra balls failed, just to see what its nature and IV's would be like. I ended up keeping that Lugia, because it was a Modest nature with near perfect IV's! I generally wait to use the masterball for a Pokemon that runs away in battle.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I would never use a Master Ball as I have other balls that suit the purpose fine :)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I usually never use my masterball except when I see a shiny but I can't weaken it before I make it faint (which is a quite rare event), or when I encounter a shiny legendary with catch rate of 3.

Years
  • In Diamond, I used by Master Ball to catch Dialga, I used it to catch Giratina in Platinum and I used it on Ho-Oh in HG. Not very exciting uses, but I didn't feel like passing up an 100% chance to get a powerful Pokemon right before the League.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2020
    On HG I used it on Latias, after encountering it countless times trying to attack it when would just run away... So I got annoyed and chucked a master ball at it.

Years
    • VA
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I used it for the main legendary. I don't really think about using it for anything else.

Years
  • SoulSilver: I'm still deciding. It's either going to be Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, or Latios.

Diamond: I'm not even sure. Giratina maybe?

assasinn

Pokemon MAULER
    Years
  • Save it and never use it. Then I shall win one from the lottery, and never use them ever, as they are obsolete! Quick Balls FTW!

Years
  • I've got two right now and don't really know what to do with them... @.@
    There's only one roaming Pokémon in B/W right? I suppose I'll use one on that and.. the other... idk D: save it.. trade it.... bank it forever.. D:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • In Platinum: I saved one and imported three of them over from one of my GBA games (likely Leaf Green) to catch the legendary Kanto birds that roam. I still have one left for an emergency capture if I should need it.

In Soul Silver: Never used it. Caught the roaming legendaries with Dusk or Quick Balls.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I used to use my Master Ball on the likes of Lugia, Dialga, and Giratina, but I later started to save it for those who were running wild around the region. Now, I barely even go to use it, because I rather weaken the running Pokémon, and keep locating it and trying to capture it with the likes of an Ultra Ball or something that will be more effective.

I'd probably use the Master Ball on say a shiny legendary or a shiny running legendary. Other than that, if I have the possibility of catching it with something else and can save my Master Ball, I'd do it.

Back