• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Did You Name You, Your Rival, and Your Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalleg

Relax
    Years
    I'll name myself "AS" and my rival "AAAAAAAAAAA" (until I fill up all the space)
    These were the names I named myself and my rival 10 years ago. I wanted to name myself "ASH", but forgot to add the "H"
    as for my rival, I guess it's just stupid I didn't care that much...

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
    Heart Gold i named him nothing (so it comes up with the japanese spelling of silver)
    and my player aiko (i used the girl so i can make the english on myself)

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
    Well in Crystal I named my self SillyPK , my rival Poohead , and my female chikorita "Endive"

In my Soul Silver, I named myself (as Kotone) Mai (マイ)
    Then I found out that the character who follows you when you're hunting down Shaymin, named Marley in English, was named Mai in Japanese. xD I actually named her Mai after a character in a completely unrelated game who has weird pigtails that defy gravity and is just a Scrappy in general.
    My rival's name is Vincent (ビンセント). Though I keep forgetting whether or not I accidentally named him "Pincent."
    And my current team is:
    Quilava: Maxwell (マクスエル)
    Bayleef: Mackenzie (マッケンジ)
    Pidgeotto: Mr. Kite (カイトさん, lit. Kite-san)
    Vaporeon: Eleanor (エラノール)
    Flaaffy: Lucy (ルーシー)
    Sandshrew: Michelle (ミシェール)
    Yay, theme naming.

What the heck I named my flaaffy Lucy in like.. 2008!
    YoU STALKER! >:O

Last edited:
    Years
    I named my rival Snob, because that is what he is lol. I named myself Soryuu, sky dragon in japanese I think, and I'm going to pick a Totodile named Crox. See you guys in the battlefield!

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Since I haven't got the game yet, I haven't named anyone anything yet. However, I already have names picked out.

SoulSilver
    Heroine - Heart (Its much cuter then Soul)
    Rival - Silver

HeartGold (When/If I get it)
    Hero - Gold
    Rival - Silver
    (Its just more classic that way)

I only have one Pokemon with a nickname.
    Gardevoir - Sana (after how it sounds in the Japanese Anime when she says Sirknight)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    SS
    M: Named Sora
    R: Named Riku
    P Named cyndaquill

HG
    F: Unless her English translation is awesome Amy
    R: Nathan or Daniel
    P Totodile

The pokemon might switch around not sure at the moment

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I always named the Crystal trainer Crystal, before I even knew it was her official name, because it sounded cute, and because I didn't like how Kris was spelled, not to mention it was how my mom spelled her name. Crys is a pretty name though.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I'm going to name myself my name, lolz.

As for my rival...well, I haven't decided so I guess I'll decide now. I've always liked the name Isaac. But I'll look around for special names that mean stuff.

I never name my Pokemon unless I super duper want to.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I always call myself Kon (short for Koneko) and my rival Nez (short for Nezumi).
    Koneko means kitten and Nezumi means either rat or mouse.

That way, I'm the cat chasing the mouse (and beating, and killing, and eating...)

I always thought that was quite cute.
    As for my Pokemon, I always name them on a whim and then end up attached to the name. I might name my starter Taa-kun (after Takuto from Full Moon Wo Sagashite).

Following that theme, I could have Yumi-kun... Me-chan... Mi-Ki... Jono-san...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    In games I name the Character after myself. As for the rival, the only game I think I named him is Diamond after my friend/Pokemon rival in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
    Years
    Named my Character Sean, My rival an inappropriate word beginning with A ending with hole, and my pokemon their normal names

Except My Zapdos. Always named it brent.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    My name for my character, my friends name for rival so I get enjoyment of beating him and Blaze for my Cyndaquil.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
    I call my character James because that's my name. I call my Rival Adam(badass name imo :D) and as for my pokemon I just think of names as I go along.

Rain

Years
    SS:
    I named myself ミカん (Mikan) (not after the gym leader, Mikan, but Mikan from Gakuen Alice)
    My rival's name is an inappropriate three-lettered word that starts with A. =D

HG:
    I will be Ash and my rival will be ???
    I'm going to recreate my old gold team. :)

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
    HG:

Me - Kara
    Rival - Kamon

My starter will be a female Cyndaquil named Sakura. I plan to recreate my original Crystal team in this file!

SS:

Not sure what to name myself or my rival yet. As for the team, I'm choosing Chikorita and using a different team... maybe with the opposites/counterparts/whatever of my HG team.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    For HG:

Probably gonna call myself Earl, and my rival shall be known as Zack. My starter, which will be Cyndaquil, will probably be called Incenris, a combination of Fire Mouse in Latin.

For SS:

Xarel for me, and Zax for my rival. Crusher is going to be the name of my Totodile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back