• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you name yourself and rival in D/P/Pt?

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    In Diamond I named myself Rin and my rival Emory. Rin because that's been my nickname for most of my life(my name is Katherine.. Get it? KatheRINe... yeah xD and Katherine is too long to put in as a name for Pokemon so Rin it is n.n), and Emory because... Well the rival looks a bit like someone I know named Emory xD;

Years
    Player's name: Michiko
    Rival's name: Pearl

That's in my Platinum version. In any video game, I always name the female player character "Michiko". Dunno why. And as for Pearl, I named him after the guy from the Poké
    mon Special manga. Yay for originality.~ C: /fail

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
    on my platinum my name was nubrian and my rival was palafor < names came from another game in which me and a friend used these names.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Platinum;
    Player; Xeregha
    Rival; Jun

I always name the player after myself and the rival the default
    Jun because i didn't know his english name was Barry then, and pearl sounded funny on a guy (in my opinion)

CallsignZero

Upcoming PokéProf.
    Years
    I usually name myself something that would make conversations with my name funny or awkward, like my FR red name was bro (Oak: Get ready to start your own pokemon adventure, bro!) and my rival was ya jerk (Oak: just be patient ya jerk, you'll get your turn!) and my Emerald name was you (See May? I told you that you don't have to worry about you!) but for platinum I didn't and just chose N! as my name and Leon as my rival (He looks like a Leon to me haha)

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    If I remember these are the names,

Diamond:
    Player:Kevin
    Rival:Shinji

Platinum:
    Player: Altier [Don't know why I named him this o-o]
    Rival: Jun

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Diamond: Jason
    rival: dork
    didn't bother to get better rival name.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Diamond (storage)
    Player; Hikari
    Rival; Dumbutt

Diamond (non-storage)
    Player; Dynit
    Rival; Glub

Pearl
    Player; Blacky
    Rival; I'm Gay

Platinum
    Player; Ganon (female, too)
    Rival; Yo Mama

Poison Master Tox

Fierce Poison Expert
    Years
    Me: Tox
    It's my nickname in every game I've played since I was 8 years old. It's a good name since I only raise poison (/toxic) Pokémon too ^^

Rival: Ross
    It just sounded right :D

Back