• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you think of the Battle Dome in Emerald?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I personally loved it, i liked the tournament style battling, the fact the battles got harder and harder and you had to strategise your way through it, it was my favorite facility.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I personally loved it, i liked the tournament style battling, the fact the battles got harder and harder and you had to strategise your way through it, it was my favorite facility.
    It was a pretty nice feature. I wish they had this in Gen IV Battle Frontier.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    It is one of the reason I'm hoping for a remake. The facilities in Emerald were done really well. I would have appreciated them taking away the whole "win streak" thing because things get near darn impossible and frustrating when you can't lose even once. It would be nice if you could get a check point every 7 trainers or so, so you don't have to wade through weak trainers in the beginning.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Emerald had the best Battle Fronter in my option :)

What is the reason for the poorer battle fronter in the games that followed?

It seems strange to me:D

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Emerald had the best Battle Fronter in my option :)

What is the reason for the poorer battle fronter in the games that followed?

It seems strange to me:D
    agreed 100%, i seriously loved emerald frontier so much more then the HG/SS or Platinum ones, i still play emerald for the love of the battle frontier there.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I LOVE IT! I love all the Emerald facilities, Platinum and HG/SS facilities just didn't do it for me.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Best battle facility. The tournament style kind of reminded me of the anime, especially with looking up the competition and checking out their pokemon and battling styles.

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • It was great! When I got to the battle frontier in Pearl, I was SO disappointed that it was gone. My Manectric/Swellow/Latias combo pwned everything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Battle Dome and the tournament battling were pretty nice. Now, I'm not a huge fan of the Frontiers in general because of their infamous hax luck issues, but the Frontier was one of the few things that was executed better in Emerald than it was in later games.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Since I just finished my runthrough of Emerald I decided to try it again, and I loved it better than like others have said the HG/SS ones. I really enjoyed playing in the dome again.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I loved the Battle Dome, mainly because it was the only facility I could reach the Frontier Brain easily....and beat xDD

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • It was my favorite :D

I loved it. I wish they would bring back the Emerald frontier. But they can always replace the Pike with the Arcade. It's a lot better imo.

If only I learned about EV's/IV's, maybe I would have done better xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Yeah, personally it was my favourite next to the Seviper tube :D
    It was really cool because the team I used were three lvl 100s: My Swampert from Emerald, my Charizard traded from my one Fire Red, and my Venusaur from my other... so I basically had all of the three main types so battles were challenging but not overwhelming making the Frontier just a fun time :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I had fun battling in the Dome, even though it wasn't my favorite or least favorite. I managed to beat Tucker at least once, though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That was it for me too, it was the whole setting of an actual tournament, which a I know a lot of people wanted because of the anime. But yeah, the dome and factory were the only facilities I really paid much more attention to in Emerald, since the others quite annoyed me, though the Pyramid was cool too, didn't go in there much.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2017
    I get 7 battle points if I win one now, but it seems very hard now, the others trainer always come with Legendary pokemon as Suicune, Raikou, Latias, Latios... They're much stronger than my team. I always use Salemence, Gyarados, Heracross, Blaziken. I lost Latias because I didn't use Master ball when we first met. Also, I can't trade to get some stronger pokemons in my Fire red team, I hate to train Metagross, so I stopped Battle Dome 3 months ago.

Years
  • I way prefer the Battle Frontier in Emerald, even if the Battle Dome seemed too easy as I had an Alakazam with perfects IVs in Sp Atk and Speed. My favourite was the factory, although I don't like it as much in Gen IV

Back