• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you use your Master Ball on?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I used my Ruby-Masterball on Groudon(x_x) and became completely mad at that ***** Latios that was killing my Crobats and Escaping my balls, then i caught him on the first Ultra ball after a Mirror Coat from a Wobbuffet almost killed him :)

My Leaf Green MB was used on Mewtwo...
    It is fun to chase the movings with Wobbuffets :)

BTW: Is it harder to catch Shinies or do they Run?

===
    In blue i accidentally used it on a Magikarp lol

Last edited:
    Years
    Latias and Latios. As tempting as it is to use it on Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza, those Pokemon can be caught a lot more easily. I mean, it's not like their going anywhere. =P

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I used it on latios on emerald and on suicune on leaf green.
    Most legends can be caught with a great ball so why waste it on them.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    In LeafGreen, I've always used it on Mewtwo. I'm trying to find Suicune first, though, and then do the Cerulean Cave bit so I won't be tempted. =P

Levity-Adam

Aipom rocks my socks!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    One time I accidently used my Masterball on a Rhydon.. Doh!
    Most of the time I usually use it on Rayquasa because, it's sometimes impossible to catch Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball..
    Next time though, I'm gonna save it for Latios, just in case he runs away.

~ Levity-Adam

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    Master ball thingy

I used mine on giratina in pearl
    dialga on diamond
    rayquaza on ruby and sapphire
    and latias on emerald
    ther th only ones i can rememba

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
    Years
    One time I accidently used my Masterball on a Rhydon.. Doh!
    Most of the time I usually use it on Rayquasa because, it's sometimes impossible to catch Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball..
    Next time though, I'm gonna save it for Latios, just in case he runs away.

~ Levity-Adam
    'ya know I caught it with a Timer Ball. Capturing it with a Timer ball is quite easier for me than with ultra balls.

I stupidly used it on a Zapdos last time and I stupidly used it on Articuno (>.< do'h)
    Then I stupidly used it on Groudon in my Ruby.
    But I wisely used it on Latios because I hated chasing it around. And also, I was so frustrated from moving around that I just stayed on one route and it got tired and went to me.
    Oh yeah I remember the first time I finished Ruby I saw this news on the TV and I automatically knew it was Latios time.
    I went to Slateport to begin my search then I encountered it but I never knew it could flee so I had to chase it all around the map... I was so frustrated I could've killed myself... >_< =(

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
    diamond dialga because it was hard but i used my friend's pro action replay to get more and i got an arceus

Most of the time I usually use it on Rayquaza because, it's sometimes impossible to catch Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball.I used an ultra ball on a rayquaza and caught it

Last edited:
    Years
    I would only use it on a shiny, since they're hard to get, given that I never caught a shiny. Other than that, I usually save all the time.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I actually have 1 more masterball after I used it on Rayquaza. I made a pokemon hold it, and I traded from my bro's sapphire to my emerald so I'm gonna use my last masterball on Lati/o/as

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't remember the times I used master balls. I do know however that I used it when I just felt like it... lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I always use mine on Rayquaza. For some reason, I enjoy tracking down the cowards.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Depending on which game I'm playing, Latios/Latias

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    I'm saving mine for a shiny around level 30 (too strong for an ultra ball, but will still be one-hitted by anything I own).

Akarei Yorume

His servant forever... <3
    Years
    Well, the first handheld pkmn game I ever got was Pokemon Sapphire... needless to say I was a stupid noob. Lol.

I thought you were supposed to use the Master Ball on Kyogre, so I did. O_o But now I'll use it on the Migrating Legendaries. o_o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I played those games so often that Ihave so many master balls...
    I dont realy need them xD
    but I use them often on Ho-Oh

Back