• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call your character?

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
Years
  • Do you name him/her after your real name, or a nickname you have?
    Yeah, I only ever name my character after my first name. I'm not very creative, and I like the thought of somebody with my name in zee Pokemon world. :P

Do you sit back and think about what you would like to name your character (i.e. invent a name for them)?
    Nope.
    Have your character nicknames ever changed?
    Still no.
    Have you ever used the names that were suggested in the game?
    Only once in Pokemon Colosseum, any other game I just used my name.

Years
    My name isn't a nickname exactly. Its an elvish name that sounds close to my name and I love.

Do you sit back and think about what you would like to name your character (i.e. invent a name for them)?
    Nope, just use my elvish name.

When I was younger I used another name, though I can't remember it right now.

Nah, I never really liked the names the game gives you.

blakfyr999

PWNGE Trainer
    Years

My name is Chris....there are a MILLION Chris's.....I dare not name him Chris! RIght Now his name is Jhak (pronounced....Jock-DONT JUDGE ME, but I've used Icarus and Zach to just because it began with Z. BAWS NAMES)

...Yes. and i do that 4 nicknames 2! lolol! right now my Oshawotts name is "Arashi" translating literally to Storm in Japanese. (BAWS)

Probably more than my favorite pokemon

I'd soon rather thro my game at tha WALL

Years
  • Although I used different names in Ruby and Pearl, in most of my games I usually use my real name - Nichole.

I use my real name so that I feel like a real Trainer.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • -I used my real name in my first few playthroughs, but never really after that.
    -No, usually I name them something I've heard or have been called, something like that. Recently I've not deviated from Pokémon names, like Eevee or Skitty.
    -Yes, I change the name for every Gen.
    -No, I'm not a fan of generic or colour-based names.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • Do you name him/her after your real name, or a nickname you have? Answer: No

Do you sit back and think about what you would like to name your character (i.e. invent a name for them)? Answer: No again

Have your character nicknames ever changed?: Yes

Have you ever used the names that were suggested in the game?: Yes (Sort of)

Here is a list of what I named my characters in the past:
    Sapphire: ASH
    Blue: ASH
    FireRed: BLUE
    Yellow: YELLOW
    Emerald: EMERALD
    Silver: AQUA
    Diamond: ASH
    Platinum: AQUA
    SoulSilver: AQUA
    White: AQUA

Years

Real name.

No.

No.

No.

Back