• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you hate about Pokemon games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I hate how in Ruby, when it's raining, it feels the need to tell you every turn - can't they just have a status symbol on screen or something - getting formed every 5 secodns is annoying and makes me not want to play because it gets tedious.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • I hate when you battle someone who just spams 1 Hit KO moves. It gets really boring.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • The slow surfing in Diamond. I didnt notice this until I surfed in Sapphire and was like "Woah! Speedboat!"

"It is raining" "The Sandstorm is raging" EVERY TURN

Moves like Moonlight, Recover, Swallow etc.
    UNCOOL
    :[

Only having one master ball. Two would be better.

I know it makes the gameplay more challenging but when Elite 4 use Max Potions... and their pokémon is down to like 15 HP and BAM! You have to whittle it down all over again.

Not being able to PalPark from earlier versions :(

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • In general, I'm sick of the generic story line in every game, eight gyms, e4, beat them. They could of thought of something new...

Im with you there!
    thats also what i find annoying
    No plots!
    in D/P/Pt all you do is train battle run into galatic buts its just not as good as it use to be any more Gold/silver were good plots and emerald was ok but this whole tea, capturing 1 pokemon which takes forever to happen and then straight away ends, gets pretty boring

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I hate it how the trainers will use the same moves every time you play through the game when use 491 of the pokemon. Then use use a Whynaut or Wobbufet and they start using a whole new move set just to annoy you.

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • The only thing that bugs me is that the male enemies are IMO much cuter/likable than the ones you save from them. (with exceptions)

Weird man selling honey? Ick.

I wanna join Team Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Galactic.

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • I hate that no matter how hard Nintendo/Gamefreak tries to make the game better, the only real upgrade is the graphics. The story is pretty much the same as Gen II. I also find it funny that Gen I is better than Gen IV (IMO.)

And the rain/sandstorm/sunnny thing? Why not do what Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did.

"Weather: Rainy" and that's it. Maybe add an icon, or turn the screen a light blue or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    The laziness in me hates leveling up my pokemon sometimes xD, but there's nothing I absolutely hate. I want to live in that game.

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    -When you're in a cave, just trying to get through it as quickly as possible to get to the next town, but wild Pokemon just pop out at you every few steps. :(
    -They got rid of the Safari Zone in G/S/C. :( I was all pumped up, like, "YEAH! FUSCHIA CITY! SAFARI ZONE-WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S CLOSED?!"
    -The move Protect ticks me off too. JUST LET ME HIT YOU. STOP PROTECTING YOURSELF, WUSS. D: Cheapest move ever.
    -Lastly, you're battling a gym leader and they use Full Restore or Hyper Potion on their Pokemon every time you're ONE HIT AWAY from KO-ing them. D<

Years
  • Hm,
    Confusion move
    Phone Calls (on GSC and RBE, the ones I've played with phone calls... *step*step*step*..."Oh, hi Player, it's me, Regular Weak Trainer just to say my Regular Pokemon went to the bathroom, let's assume we will battle again sometime even though you don't remember you I am or where I am. See you."
    there's always anyone online better than me
    the fact that I can't keep with the series (still haven't played the 4th generation)
    my battery on newly-bought Emerald got damaged
    Berries - on RBE, I thought the Berry names were random and meaningless, isn't that right? You caught Aasdasjb Berry. Do you wish to plant Gsabfasop Berry?
    Contests - not even Girlish.

skorupoke

Skorupi! Use Poison Fang!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Critical Hits. I HATE CRITICAL HITS!!! WHY DO THEY EXIST!? Foes always score critical hits on me while I never have them.
    Foes are always lucky and I am always unlucky when confused, frozen, or asleep.
    This happened once when I used Ice Beam:

"The foe's Lugia was frozen solid!"
    "The foe's Lugia thawed out!"

WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    And it didn't use a Fire move.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    That they're labelled as children's games, and actually look like it... for the first five minutes.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • In DPP, you can't raise a balanced party and do the storyline - not and stay equal with the opponent's levels. If you want to stay balanced, you have to do extra training. Or just forget about it, train only one Pokémon, and cross your fingers every time you come up against your weakness. I used to do balanced parties all the time, but I got sick of the extra training in Platinum, and just went with my Dratini (which I of course evolved into a Dragonair, then Dragonite). Yes, I traded it from Pearl. I always choose Dragonite as my "starter" Pokémon when I can. And anyway, I tensed up every time I went up against an ice Pokémon. Seventh Gym anyone?

The limited availability of event Pokémon. Do they really get money from those events somehow? I'd think they'd lose money, from hiring the people to do the events... And why make limited wi-fi events? Why not just leave the event up? Why all the competiton? Why not let everybody have a chance at these Pokémon? I mean, I bought the game... I think I have a right to complete my Pokédex. Is there some reason why I shouldn't? I would really like to know that...

Oh, yeah. And Soul. Or perhaps "Maria" would fit better, as she does indeed seem to be a feminine Mario.

And of course - why are the hero(ine)s always like, 10 or 12 years old? Raise your hand if you would like an older protagonist... *raises hand and waves it around*
    I'm tired of having to play as a little kid.

Also... This is a little kid's game? They wouldn't even understand what they were doing. They'd probably get owned, if they didn't get bored first. Maybe the anime is... haha, no, I'll get flamed if I say that. But regardless, I really don't think a little kid would get the depth here.

And there could be so much more depth here - there's a whole freaking world here - if Nintendo would get their noses out of their wallets and into the games.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • - The limited availability of event Pokemon, however this Wi-Fi stuff is great for a change. As long as they keep this up, all is good. :)
    - The limited availability of some very useful items, such as PP Ups and certain evolution items and TMs. There should be more ways to get these, such as random prizes at the Battle Frontier for huge winning streaks or something.
    - Random, pointless phone calls.
    - That the RNG doesn't reseed upon restart in more recent games.
    - Glitches.
    - Non-VS seeker-based rebattling.
    - Lack of level 100 mode in the Battle Frontier.
    - Lack of online mode in most venuesin the Battle Frontier.
    - That there's a new common bird and rodent in every generation.

Also, for the people who don't like the six Magikarp guy (there's one in every topic :P), he's the ultimate speed EV trainer.

I mean, I bought the game... I think I have a right to complete my Pokédex. Is there some reason why I shouldn't? I would really like to know that...

You don't need event Pokemon to complete the Pokedex.

And there could be so much more depth here - there's a whole freaking world here - if Nintendo would get their noses out of their wallets and into the games.

I don't know any games that even come close to being near the depth in Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back