• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

Years
    Honey Trees. Oh god, please no honey trees. Whoever came up with that idea needs to be dipped in honey and eaten by bees.

Lol I don't like honey trees either but that seems a little too extreme. XD (I still gave you good rep for it, though. ^_^)

Something I don't want to see, trainers without animations. I want to see the special trainers animated. (Gym Leaders, E4, Kimono sisters, Rival, Red, etc.) Platinum has heightened my expectations. Please let these trainers be animated.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Pretty much alot of ppl said the same things that I was gonna say,

But I espically dun wanna see ANY Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon until AFTER you get the National Dex, and even then I dun want it it be like a whole bunch of Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in Johto, just a handful like in FR/LG

But I also dun wanna see the " The wild *insert Pokemon Name * fled!" with regular Pokemon like Snubbull, that really pissed me off

Also, dun wanna see another short as hell Victory Road, the Johto Victory Road only had like 2-3 floors, wtf?

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Ok, so there is a few things that i was thinking about, well the ofirst one would have to be the game length, when I first played Pokemon Gold, I got from New Bark town to the 6th gym within 2 hours, I mean, thats kind of fast if you ask me and also, I would like to see more cut scenes, and maybe Ho-oh/Lugia could be a bigger part in these hacks, so that we could maybe understand some other things about the Johto region, maybe if they can, they will add a 3-d cutscene of the past when Ho-oh's tower was burned down by team rocket, that would be cool. I think it would be kinda cool if they maybe had it so that if you were on the same route as a legendary dog, that you would be able to see the sprite and maybe have to chaise it around the route to be able to battle it, that would be really fun. There is alot more, but im to lazy to type it out.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    I don't want to see the remake at ALL to be honest. I would rather stick with the originals. Remaking a game ruins its originality, IMO

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
    Professor Oak in the intro, he's in the game only breifly, at Mr. Pokemon's house and on the Radio, Professor Elm deserves some spotlight!

Jasmine with an empty gym, I want trainers!

An easy ass Dragons Den challenge. Claire makes it sound like a really tough one!

Faulkner with low leveled Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I don't want to see the remake at ALL to be honest. I would rather stick with the originals. Remaking a game ruins its originality, IMO

well.........thats a downer on everyone's feelings and anticipation......

Professor Oak in the intro]

Yea, i wanna see Elm, but if you think about it Oak being in the intro makes more sense since, Gen II was sort-of like a direct sequel to Gen I

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018

I can understand your side of this, but a lot of kids nowadays don't even own Colors. That's not me though! I still have the original Gameboy and all it's brick likeliness. =D

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    goldenrod it must look awesum
    I can understand your side of this, but a lot of kids nowadays don't even own Colors. That's not me though! I still have the original Gameboy and all it's brick likeliness. =D

Remakes are awesum in fact I also have original pokemon gold

Ive had it for monts now

I baught it off ebay with a new batteryXD

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Honey Trees. Oh god, please no honey trees. Whoever came up with that idea needs to be dipped in honey and eaten by bees.

That my friend, is NOT extreme enough. Seriously I have to wait 6 hours for a Heracross to come, only to find out it's a kakuna? Eff that crap!

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I don't want to see Gen 3/4 pokemon in the wild, but I do want their evolutions to be available. It's simply stupid to stop Piloswine or Yanma evolving, because if you don't want to evolve them, you don't have to, it's that simple!

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    What I don't want to see:

Pokemon from the Hoenn and Sinnoh regions UNTIL you get the National Pokedex.

NO. FREAKING. HONEY. (As much as I enjoyed doing it the first time in Diamond and Pearl, no thanks this second time.)

Changes to the story and Pokemon. If it's a remake, they should stick to it like they did with Fire red and Leaf Green. Just improve the gameplay, graphics and moves. And add any new stuff AFTER you beat the Elite Four for the first time.

What I want to see:

Gym leaders with different pokemon (Not so many changes, but you get my drift), different trainers and different moves. Call me crazy, but I like a challenge (Even though I was one of the many that raged when Whitney's Milltank used Rollout xD).

More story and appearences of the Legendary pokemon (Lugio, Ho-Oh, Entei, Raikou and Suicune).

All the pokemon I trained and used in the original versions but looking way better with new moves. :D

My Rivals pokemon to evolve properly. Hey, I want a fair fight. (Remember in Gold and Silver, where he would have a Lv. 16 Croconaw and Totodile evolves at 18? Or when he had a Lv. 20 Haunter and Ghastly should evolve at 25?)

Early ways to obtain strong pokemon halfway through the game, and maybe a little earlier. I mean, come on, let's all agree that it would be awesome if you could catch a Houndour, Chinchou, Dratini, etc when your near the 4th Gym or 5th Gym or something like that.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Yeah, that is true. But, who had the money or the luck for the coins to actually get one? The only person I ever met who managed to get a Dratini around that time was a friend of mine who went to the Trinkets shop in the Goldenrod Underground and bought a nugget and then cloned a pokemon holding the nugget until he had enough nuggets to sell to accumulate the money needed to buy coins for a Dratini....and I seriously doubt that will be possible in Heart Gold and Soul Silver...lol XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I don't want to see the 'catch them to complete the dex' return again. It is better when you just have to see them.

I don't want there to be any Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon in the grass of Kanto and Johto. The Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon can be in the Safari Zone, or in a new place. I don't even want there to be Kanto Pokemon in Johto Grass or Johto Pokemon in Kanto Grass, with the exception of any roaming legendaries like Raikou and Entei. It'll be fun to chase them down through many regions together!

I don't want to see 'wait until the National Dex to evolve into newer evolutions' method return, ever. It's illogical and pointless.

I don't want there to be too less of a story about Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Ho-oh, and specially Unown - all of them. There were too little to do with the legends of the legendaries.

I don't want to see Professor Oak in the introduction. He got his one game to introduce. Professor Elm deserves to introduce this one.

I don't want to see normal Pokemon flee from battle, except for in the Safari Zone, if they ever actually existed in the first place.

I don't want to see the shrunk, cut down, and saving space issues to return again.
    I don't want to see the Safari Zone, Cerulean Cave, Seafoam Island cave, or the Pewter museum being closed for space saving issues anymore.
    I don't want to see a shrunk and cut down version of Victory Road, Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, or any such be shrunk down anymore.

I don't want to see Larvitar, Houndour, or any such Pokemon to be not found in Johto itself.

Cinnabar Island may be partially destroyed still, but Blaine's gym and the Mansion must remain.
    The Power Plant should be functional as it was made in G/S/C, but it should have an area which is still not fixed, for some Pokemon catching, and Magneton and Nosepass evolving.
    The Pokemon Tower needs to remain as the Pokemon Tower. There should be a separate Radio Tower.

Last edited:

ShinyBlaziken

Dragon-Master
    Years
    Well, you could collect some money and spend it for coins. But I don't think that you can get that much money.

Oh, and I really don't want to see weak enemies!
    When I played Silver the first time I didn't lose any battle. The enemies were too weak (or maybe I was too strong xD).
    I think the first time I lost was at the Pokemon League because i had forgotten to buy some revives and potions xD

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I actually liked Whitney's Miltank. It really caught me off guard and gave me one of my first challenges in the game. I actually had to go out of my way to train my Pokemon in order to defeat her.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't want to have to catch pokemon to complete my Dex. Good god, I hated that so much. >__< It's disappointing enough that they're not pulling some of more useless pokemon and using the space for 4th gen evolutions tied to 1st/2nd gen but if I have to actually CATCH them...ugh.

I don't want to be limited to just a few Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon after the Nat Dex. There are 493 of them and I want to see most of them, damnit. FR/LG was so anticlimactic about it.

I don't want to see a half-assed Kanto after all the effort they're throwing into making Johto amazing. Either make Kanto just as amazing or more so.

If I transfer a 3rd/4th gen pokemon into HGSS, I don't want them to just stop evolving spontaneously like in FR/LG. If evolution methods are unavailable until after the E4 than that's fine, but if I transfer a Piloswine that knows Ancientpower there is no reason for it not to evolve! It can just keep ??? for a Dex number until then. :|

Yeah, most of it is stuff that contradicts what others have said. I hate.hate.HATED how FR/LG handled non-Kanto pokemon and I don't want it to happen again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    We do not need to see:
    - A lame, plain Kanto like we did in G/S/C, I want the full maps again.
    - Any Rollout-ing Miltanks, anywhere
    - "see all to the Pokemon to complete the Dex" again.

Seeing all of the Pokemon : Catching all of the Pokemon:: Seeing a movie star : shaking their hand and exchanging phone numbers

Just saying, it's easier, but not as satisfying.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    We do not need to see:
    - A lame, plain Kanto like we did in G/S/C, I want the full maps again.
    - Any Rollout-ing Miltanks, anywhere
    - "see all to the Pokemon to complete the Dex" again.

Seeing all of the Pokemon : Catching all of the Pokemon:: Seeing a movie star : shaking their hand and exchanging phone numbers

Just saying, it's easier, but not as satisfying.

Yay someone agrees with me about catching. DPPT was so dissapointing how you only had to see them...talk about watering it down...it's always been catch them to complete the dex. It's gotta catch em all!

Years
    -Kanto without Red. That would be the worst thing ever. One of the reasons why I'm getting this game is so I can battle Red again. I want Kanto to be better than before. No excuses. This is the DS now, not the GBC. Let Kanto live up to its full potential. I want to see more stories about the gym leaders-Kanto and Johto. Let's hear a story about Bugsy in the Ilex Forest. Does he go there on weekends to train his Pokemon? Does Falkner visit the Sprout Tower often? How did he get his Pidgey to evolve at such a low level? Let's find out Misty's boyfriend's name! Okay. I might be asking way too much from a Pokemon game, but hey, they did it in FrLg with Fame Checker. Why not this game, too?

I don't want to see only Magikarp in Dragon's Den. I want to see a real Dragon's challenge. If I go inside Dragon's Den, I want Dragonite to chase me. My mission would be me having to get the Dragon fang before Dragonite catches me. I want a real challenge in there that's worthy of the final badge. Magikarp is not a challenge. Put some more Dratinis and Dragonairs in there or at least Gyarados. Maybe have Bagons and Gibles available in there after I obtain the national dex. It is the Dragon's den after all. After I beat the Elite Four, I'd like to see Clair training in there once in a while. Same with Morty in Burned Tower. I know it seems like I'm asking for way too much from a remake, but Johto is my favorite region, and I just want it to live up to its full potential.

Back