• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think is above Elm's lab?

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
Years
  • I was thinking his house too, which could mean that if your playing as Gold, Crystal could live in what was Elm's house in GSC, and if you play as Crystal, Gold would live there... that's my theory anyway.

...Crystal/Kris isnt in this game...you should know that already

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe it is where you will first see Oak in Johto or perhaps he may make vacations there. You might get Kanto/Hoenn starters there.

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    I hope its a place where a new event takes place,like maybe you can go to hoenn,and sinnoh-and thats where elm and oak give you the passes to trvel there,or maybe its where elm gives you the GS (im really hoping for the GS ball to be in these games)
    ooo maybe its a expermental lab area where you can go to distortion world lol doubt it but its possible lol

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • my guess is that its just a another part to the lab where you have to go to
    pick your starter
    imagin this:
    Thats where professor elm keeps arceus captive in a mission you have to
    rescure arcews from elm and you have to battle elm to rescue arcews
    and elm has lv100 pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Crystal is up in the attic, tied up and gagged so Elm's precious little niece (Heart looks a little bit like Elm--admit it!) could take the spotlight.
    Nobody important will be able to get up those stairs regardless, so they'll never get caught unless someone screws up. :o Elm gets one of his aides to take food up to Crystal once or twice a day. If he ever gets busted, Heart will be champion by then and thus have diplomatic immunity from whatever law there is. She'll also have enough money to bail Elm. It's foolproof.

Nah but really, invisible wall.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i think the staircase leads to a room full of pokemon corpses.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • Maybe it's his secret work area that looks like a bunch of gizmos and bookshelves.
    Whoever said it's where the starters are held brings up a good point.
    That way it would actually make sense that the sharp-eyed, cold-hearted rival stole a Pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    When it comes to speculating on the stairs and possible room above Professor Elm's Lab, there are a few things we can rule out. For instance, it couldn't be the location where we choose our starter as in the scans it was shown we obtain them on the lower floor. Also, it couldn't be where the Heal Machine is either as that is also found on the lower floor of the lab also. Now as for it being his home, we may or may cross this out as it really depends. Now that we have a supporting role for the unchosen gender, either Prof. Elm's house can be used for them or one of the unimportant houses located in New Bark Town can be the housing of the new supporting role. So, the idea of it being Prof. Elm's house is still questionable.

There are a lot of aspects for this second floor. However, seeing as not much emphasis is being put into it, I do agree that it just may be somethign minor. Although, it may not have been mentioned heavily as yet as it could be a larger secret for after the main game's plot. I guess really, it is one of those large questions the fans have at the moment until something is told or unless we play the games ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised however if it was added in for design, but we can't tell as yet. Oh yes, I forgot that there is also the possibility of it being the solid idea of how Silver steals one fo the starters, which I think is the most probable for right now seeing as it agrees with what was placed in the manga.

Exon

Hacker in Training
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I dunno what I think is up the stairs...I know I want it to be involved in the plot somehow and not just a graphical edit. If it's actually important in any way, I guess I'll be happy.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • my guess its just a balcony they put it for the lulz to make everyone wonder what it "means"

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • He probably stores all of the starter Pokemon up there. But I doubt we'll be able to go up the stairs, its like in GSC there were stairs but sometimes we couldn't go up or down them which sucked a lot

:t354:TG

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • He probably stores all of the starter Pokemon up there. But I doubt we'll be able to go up the stairs, its like in GSC there were stairs but sometimes we couldn't go up or down them which sucked a lot

:t354:TG

It was already shown from earlier scans that the selection of starters will still be placed down stairs. So, the idea of it being held in the new second floor wouldn't be right. Although, I'm pretty sure they've added it in for more than just looks. The reason why is because the data they use to create the stairs is the same data that can be used to build up something better in return. So, I'm sure something may be wrapped around this new extention to Prof. Elm's lab, but no one is quite sure as yet.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    I was thinking his house too, which could mean that if your playing as Gold, Crystal could live in what was Elm's house in GSC, and if you play as Crystal, Gold would live there... that's my theory anyway.

Bingo. There's a 98% chance that's what it is.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I was thinking his house too, which could mean that if your playing as Gold, Crystal could live in what was Elm's house in GSC, and if you play as Crystal, Gold would live there... that's my theory anyway.

Bingo. There's a 98% chance that's what it is.

With going what was said about Kris, more than likely this will not happen. The reason being is because Kris isn't being implemented in the game [as of currently no form of her has been seen nor heard of]. The only new female who may be found upstairs is probably the new female, as everyone calles her, Soul. Not to forget, in earlier scans Soul's OW sprite was seen near the front of the lab in New Bark Town about to talk to Gold.

Now, I wouldn't say Kris won't appear or be heard of anywhere in the game [as I wouldn't mind it happening], but by going from what we know so far and what has speculated on to come, I wouldn't expect Kris to be placed upstairs. Not to mention, it can be utilized for something of more importance for the game later on.

Back