• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What do you think of Crystal version?

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Crystal will forever be my baby <3 My Gold was one I found at a camp, so it didn't have much meaning to me except by being my first Pokemon experience. Crystal was given to me as a birthday present, and Johto will be forever my favorite region. I love being a girl, the PokeGear, everything. I never finished it (hey, I was ten with a small attention span, cut me some slack xD), because then I got my cousin's GBA and Ruby. I didn't come back to Crystal for awhile, but then I remembered why I loved it so much.

Yes, Crystal will forever be in my heart, despite the fact my cartridge isn't that sparkly one and just a plain slate gray, and it doens't save anymore. I may get a new one eventually, but I will always keep my first one.

I need to make sure it is where I think it is though... xD

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    Gold & Silver would be ok if they did a remake but its they're UBER and really don't need it.

Crystal Crystal Crystal needs a remake..

Mr.Squid

z10.invisionfree.com/Dev_House
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Was ok.

It was ok, but basically the same as gold and silver.
    Not much was changed.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2017
    Crystal version owns every other game... the storyline is unique too, unlike the other games.

here are my reasons.

an actual clock.
    choice of Male/Female
    Unique Storyline
    Puzzles
    There was something to do at least every 2nd Day (Bug Catching Contest)
    Large Caves to explore
    PokeGear (Radio, Phone, Map and Clock)
    Genders
    eggs
    Shinies
    and more

If i could play it on my ds straight of the original cartridge, then id be playing it right now!
    Yea... don't mess up the Cloning Glitch and decide to train that glitch to lvl1, then actually deposit with all your good pokemon stuffing them all up, but you having an unlimited army of pokemon in your party! Then the entire game crashes then thats it.

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Crystal will forever be my baby <3 My Gold was one I found at a camp, so it didn't have much meaning to me except by being my first Pokemon experience. Crystal was given to me as a birthday present, and Johto will be forever my favorite region. I love being a girl, the PokeGear, everything. I never finished it (hey, I was ten with a small attention span, cut me some slack xD), because then I got my cousin's GBA and Ruby. I didn't come back to Crystal for awhile, but then I remembered why I loved it so much.

Yes, Crystal will forever be in my heart, despite the fact my cartridge isn't that sparkly one and just a plain slate gray, and it doens't save anymore. I may get a new one eventually, but I will always keep my first one.

I need to make sure it is where I think it is though... xD
    Your Crystal doesn't save anymore!
    XD
    I found it recently got past falkner saved then when I played again the next day the save file was gone. :/\:
    Maybe it is just to old to play that is why I want a remake.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I love it, and its harder to finish cause to get Ho-Oh you have to get Entei & Raikou

Years
    for its time it was one of the best games in the series
    it was the first time you had the option of playing as the female char
    battle tower introduced
    you got an oppurtunity to catch suicune without having to chase it all over the place
    definitely my favorite out of g/s/c

Back