• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Greenday?

What do you think about Greenday

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    So, I just wanted to see how popular Greenday is. I like their songs, and I wanted to know people's opinions.

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Used to be okay with them, but now they're are just another band that's sorta going down hill.

I respect a few songs and stuff, but I'm not always fond of sad rock like that. I enjoy heavier stuff (aka Metallica).

My fav song by them is probably Brain Stew.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    They are ok, I just like other bands, sorry... They are just a normal band out there.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I used to be a big fan of them...the very first songs I learned on bass were Green Day songs. Until of course, I got into heavier stuff and so I only listen to them occasionally now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    There was I time where I loved Green Day. :D They were among my favourite bands, and I was really obsessed with their "American Idiot" and "Dookie" albums. After time though, I grew tired of them, and although I don't really like them anymore, I'll listen to the odd song every once in a while.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I used to be a huge fan, not so much anymore. They got old real fast. : \

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Greenday are, to my knowledge, one of those bands that calls themselves punk but are actually emo.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
  • There a horrible "band." They shouldnt even be able to be called a band. Who makes a song about being a american idoit? Or a holiday? Or even when september ends? There just stupid.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Who makes a song about being a american idoit? Or a holiday? Or even when september ends? There just stupid.
    Music reflects the culture it originates from. I know the lyrics of American Idiot to be consistent with that.
    Also — it's they're, not there.

pokelover980

I am the Mama Luigi
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    They're just one of those many bands out there. I used to love them, but I found new music.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I don't love them and I don't hate them so I chose the many bands out there option but I would have voted for a "They were awesome" choice.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • Some earlier songs like Basket Case and Minority were good songs.

i think after American Idiot was when things started to go downhill. i dont really like them now.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
  • I can't stand Greenday. They just aren't my type of music. I don't like the vocals, and the song lyrics don't really appeal to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I like Green Day. I used to be obsessed with them....O_O.

I don't listen to them as much as I used to...mainly because I've found other bands to listen to. They're still one of my favorite bands.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • Well, they are awesome but im not so into them...
    A pretty good puck rock band i suppose...
    Wake me up when september ends to me was their best song ever.....

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I don't particularly like punk rock in the first place, but I suppose Green Day would be the exception. Their earlier work was light years better than their newer stuff

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Bleh..I was not a fan of Greenday in the beginning nor now am I. I just don't find their music that great, it's distracting when I drive and seems a little whiny XD.

Back