• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Greenday?

What do you think about Greenday

• Total voters

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    well i love them, ive listened to them for a long time now, the since when i come around days, but there popularity has deff gone down now-a-days but they will always be a fav band of mine

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I liked early Green Day, but now hate them after their latest release. I thought i was a tacky way of trying to become activists against our government. I'm all for fighting the man, but you don't go from punk/pop rock and then try to take on heavy themes. I'm not going to deny that i find a few of their songs off of American Idiot enjoyable, but in general now, I turn off Green Day if i hear it, unless it's an early song that i like.

Bleuhorn

The Space Cowboy.
    Years
    I don't think much of them because they seem childish and kind of lame.

Same with pretty much any scene-esque band that writes cheesy songs with really crappy instrumentation. I just don't see what's so original about long ass names for bands and songs. It doesn't make you any more intelligent than a mud rolling fool.
    I don't know about you but songs like
    "I Totally Got Pants of Hardcoreness It Makes Me Want to Cry" makes you look and sound like an imbecile, to the point I believe you don't deserve to exist as artists.

It's not cool, it's not original sounding; it's never thought provoking art. It's the music industry making you be their circus monkey and you skipping to their beat.

Musical prodigies are born no longer guys. The 90's were/are the last of the epic, ground-breaking artists.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    I like them but my brother just annoys me with the songs, He sings them ALL the time. The only he talks about is GD SONGS. He's like a researcher of Green Day, So I just say he has mastered in Green Daiology. But I still Like them.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    GREENDAY!!!!!!

OHHHH!!! I LURRRRVE AMERICAN IDIOT!!!!!! BASKET CASE RULES TOO!!!

Green day rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Emmie Em

→ Sienak Sohtal
    Years
    I really, really like Green Day.
    My Dad used to play Basketcase to me when I was a lot younger.
    Green Day has just always been there for me.
    I don't like people saying 'Oh.. yeah. I don't like their music cuz their like activists man.'
    Because, to be quite honest that really is stupid. ^^;
    If you like the music, you like the music. End off, really.

Years
    There a horrible "band." They shouldnt even be able to be called a band. Who makes a song about being a american idoit? Or a holiday? Or even when september ends? There just stupid.

Completely agree with you, anyway here's my opinion below.

Green Day's older work was MUCH better (the REAL alternative rock I used toknow), now they're pathetic, Billie Joe looks so emo with that puffy hair. And one more thing, if you want alternative stuff, listen to stuff like Linkin Park, I mean duuuhhhh....

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I don't like them really. Not gonna say they suck as I'm no musician, I just know it's harder then people give everyone credit for. I'm just not a fan of their songs...although I used to not mind American Idiot :O
    I guess, they're just another band out there.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I like their music, but to me they are just another band out there, really.

I like some of their songs but some others just aren't good at all.. but that's just my opinion.

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    They're ok- better than most stuff out there (i.e. rap getting very repeatitive)! When September ends and American Idiot are quite catchy!

However they went from ok to amazing when they guest starred in the Simpsons movie! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    ssss

I like greenday too! they're great and i like some their songs. I'm trying to play their songs as many times...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Some people in this topic stupidly say that Greenday is a bad band without either no reasons, or with crappy reasons like "because the singer has a bad hairstyle" or "because their songs have weird names and lyrics like american idiot".

I'd like to say that, to those people who have a good reason to hate it are smart, and those who gave reasons like the one I quoted above, please have a more related and logical reasoning....

You see people, I'm talking about their songs, not the looks of their music videos (which do suck), or how they look. And remember, almost all songs have crappy lyrics these days. They are either full of **** or just with boring old lyrics. Cause you see people, I think a song with lyrics about the end of september and the meanings related to it are better than those metal songs talking about "my brain is bleeding, suffocation, tearing away, blood and thunder"

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    I'm not particularly a fan of them.
    Not saying a don't respect them, they're certainly one of the bette rpunk bands out there,, and American idiot as pretty great.
    Especially that it was a concept album, which I love and are hard to come by these days.

But I'm still not TOO into them

Years
    There a horrible "band." They shouldnt even be able to be called a band. Who makes a song about being a american idoit? Or a holiday? Or even when september ends? There just stupid.

Well to be honest it's not about the names of the songs its about what they stand for.
    Listen to the lyrics. You'll see.
    I think American idiot was directed at the goverment of America *Ahem* (George Bush)
    for starting the war in Iraq because alot of people were against the idea and probably they were too..

Waudby

I used to really like green day, however there's only so many times you can listen before they get boring, as I grow older my music taste changed and I guess I just put their cd's on the shelf and never took them back down. Every now and then I'll hear a song on the radio of their's but I never really choose to listen anymore

Back