• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of shaymin?

What do you think of shaymin?

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • I have a negative disposition to legendaries to begin with, but ignoring that, I have no idea wtf Shaymin is supposed to be.

I guess I would classify it under "pointless legendary"

Last edited:

kaminer4545

SHAYMIN LOVER
    Years
  • EVERYTIME I MAKE A TOPIC IT IS ALWAYS IN THE WRONG ONE UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH THIS IS WHY I HATE FORUMS, EVERY TIME I DO SOMTHING WRONG ON A FORUM I FEEL BAD/MAD THE WHOLE DAY

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    EVERYTIME I MAKE A TOPIC IT IS ALWAYS IN THE WRONG ONE UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH THIS IS WHY I HATE FORUMS, EVERY TIME I DO SOMTHING WRONG ON A FORUM I FEEL BAD/MAD THE WHOLE DAY

Maybe you should read the rules before making a thread then?
    Just saying :\
    -------------------------------------------------
    Shaymin is a "I'm in the game for no reason whatsoever" legendary, like heatran, darkrai, regigigas, and cresselia. What purpose did it serve in the games plot? Nothing.
    And the ground forme is pretty bad, especially when compared to the superior sky forme.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Awww. =[ It'll be fixed soon, don't worry! ^_^

I like sky Shaymin. It's pretty cool. I wanna stick a red bandana around its neck. xD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I really like the Sky Forme, but before they unveiled it I disliked Shaymin due to its Ground Forme being pretty bad.

Sky Forme changed my views on it completely, though, but I'd only get it for that.

Years
  • I used to love Sky Shaymin, and I still do.
    Though, I wouldnt make a thread about how much a like it, especially in the wrong forum
    >.<

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    kind of a pointless legendary, in my opinion. not like i'd ever use/catch it anyways.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I didn't really care about Shaymin either way until I accidentally saw the dubbed version of the movie with it as a star character. I'm sure it wasn't that annoying in the Japanese dub, but the English dub Shaymin was probably the most annoying thing I have ever heard. It was like my ears were bleeding.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Shaymin's cool in battles, and it's looks are great. I don't see anyone calling it "pointless little annoying thing" without having to battle with it.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Shaymin's cool in battles, and it's looks are great. I don't see anyone calling it "pointless little annoying thing" without having to battle with it.
    well in my defense of calling it a "pointless legendary" - its stats aren't as great as most other legendaries, it doesn't learn the greatest moves, and quite frankly i wouldn't hack my game just to catch one.
    and also; because it looks "cool in battles" isn't the greatest excuse either.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Its typing leaves too many vulnerabilities and its stats aren't that great. So far it really hasn't established a reason why it's in the game (besides "I took the bus to the local Toys R Us and Mystery Gifted it onto my game") I don't dislike it, but I do wish its role in the grand scheme of things was clearer. It is a cool looking Pokemon, if nothing else.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • well in my defense of calling it a "pointless legendary" - its stats aren't as great as most other legendaries, it doesn't learn the greatest moves, and quite frankly i wouldn't hack my game just to catch one.

That's why it's my best Standard or UU legendary, better than Entei or Phione. It doesn't need the greatest moves, only great battle strategy.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • well in my defense of calling it a "pointless legendary" - its stats aren't as great as most other legendaries, it doesn't learn the greatest moves, and quite frankly i wouldn't hack my game just to catch one.

Erm. Have you heard of a move called Fire Blast? Yeah, I'm sure you have, you're bound to have experienced it, or at least heard about it. Well, imagine a Grass-type Fire Blast. With 40% chance to lower down the opponents special defence two stages, equaling that it would do double the damage. Slap on the ability Serene Grace, that doubles the already high drop chance to 80% for a special defence drop.......
    I agree that Grass is a rather inferior attack type, yes, but if you look on its moveset you'll find moves such as Air Slash that together with Serene Grace has a 60% chance to flinch the opponent, Earth Power which pretty much kills whatever doesn't resist its STAB moves, and a Hidden Power of choice. It's a limited movepool, but does it really require any more moves? It's also got a nice SpA attack of 120, and a devastating speed stat of 127. What more do you need? There's a reason why this beast is ranked Uber amongst the competetive battlers around.

(but it IS a pointless as hell legendary, I'll give you that)

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
  • I didn't really have much of an opinion on Shaymin until I saw the movie, where it is just hilariously adorable. I don't understand why it is an event legendary though ... going by design/backstory, it really looks like it should just be another normal Grass-type.

Back