• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Team Rocket's dialogue?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I mean their terrible dub lines that some person thought was a good idea for some reason. Meowth's "Dig it!" lines and their irritating ability to rhyme just about every other line . I don't understand why they can't be dubbed as normal speaking people like Ash and co. but are chosen to be given bad lines and worn out phrases.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love Team Rockets catch phrases!~

I love it when Mewoth finnishes off saying how Giovanni will love to have a pokemon and they say:
    "Soon, we're gonna - be, gonna - be, gonna - be, RICH!"

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, I've read Dogasu saying it's almost as if there are completely different scriptwriters for TR than there are for the rest of the show. I've been getting annoyed with how TPCI seem to make them rhyme all the time, and how they seem to insult each other a lot more in the dub than they do in Japanese. I dunno, I think it might be the dub's poor attempt at trying to make TR's existence more amusing, since they do pretty much exactly the same thing every episode and fail. I wonder if the VAs get bored saying the same sort of thing over and over again.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I don't mind it, just wish they'd go back to there old theme. Since we are kind of going back to the Kanto days here's hopping.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    At least I know I'm not the only person who finds Team Rocket's dialogue annoying. I point it out in almost every episode discussion thread. Their lines are unnatural. No regular everyday person, good or evil, would go about speaking in rhyme in their daily life. It's very irritating. It also makes them look so much more pathetic than they already are. And really, what's with Meowth saying all of these phrases like "Dig it, Jack!"? Is he trying to be cool? Whoever writes the dub script for TR either needs to really improve: look back at older episodes, base the dialogue on that, or just be replaced.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    I always kind of thought it was just how they were, they always seemed like some pathetic afterthought who were more just for a comedic affect than to legitimately be bad guys.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Being pathetic villains who are there just for comedy shouldn't be a reason to give them **** lines to say in every single episode. I wouldn't mind one or two bad lines an episode but an entire episode is just too much.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    TR's dialogue is okay for me. But what's really annoying is their rhymes, especially after they come up with a plan to steal Pikachu/whatever Pokemon they see while they're hiding.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I LOOOOVE Team Rocket, but yes I agree with everyone else, their dialogue is HORRIBLE. All the rhyming and everything, it's so annoying. A friend of mine (who isn't into Pokemonl) said that they probably do it to amuse little kids, but I dunno. It still seems like they do it way too much to just be for the amusement of kids. They never used to speak like that so why must they now? -_-

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    The thing I do not like about The Rocket Trio's diolouge is that it's quite the same every time. They just begin with that silly rhyming motto of theirs, steal Pikachu or some other Pokemon, get caught, Pokemon get back to their trainers and Team Rocket blasts off. I don't like the way the writers do not harness the true potential of Team Rocket.

Back