• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of this? (Pokemon team)

eleventh

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAR
Years
  • First of all, I'm not even sure if I'm posting on the right place but anywayz

My brother and I is planning to have a link battle a month from now and I'm planning to include this Pokemon on my team!

1. Swampert [ My favorite :)) ]
    -Surf
    -Ice beam
    -Earthquake
    -Protect

*I rather use surf than muddy water because of its accuracy, only 85%. After all, their power is just the same - 95%

2.Gardevoir
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hypnosis

3.Altaria
    -Sky Attack
    -Dragon Claw
    -Flamethrower
    -Perish Song

*I chose Altaria because of his Defense and SP. Defense.Is my decision right or should I choose Flygon or Salamence?

4.Breloom
    -Sky Uppercut (rather Dynamich Punch that only have 50% accuracy)
    -Giga Drain
    -Stun Spore
    -Leech Seed ??

5.Exploud
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Hyper Voice
    -Roar

*I'm not really sure if I should include Exploud. Haha

6.Ninjask (Awesome speed)
    -Slash
    -Sword Dance
    -Shadow ball
    -Double team

So. what do you think. All suggestion is welcome.

Thank you!

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Id say its pretty good, I've had a few battles myself with my brother. It depends on what Pokémon he uses.
    I also say, try putting in Pokémon that can back up your others like example: Venusaur is out and Bro sends out Charizard, have a Blastoise or water/rock to hit him.
    It also depends on level too. If maxed, you should be okay if you have a prediction on what he will use.
    Always have a backup plan. Someone that can take care of that pain in the arse sweeper he has. Then taking the resr should ve easy.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • Well if it was my team I would have had a shedinja but that's your choice and I respect that

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Not bad. Don't need to be perfect for fun link battles. I'll toss out a few suggestions though.

I'd take out Exploud ...not very good in his debut gen. Vigoroth is a much more fun option IMO, if you're clamoring for a Normal type.

I personally prefer Salamence -> Flygon -> Dragonite -> Altaria. Altaria shouldn't really run anything too offensive, since the previous 3 just do that better. DD Altaria? They all do it better. Its much better off using a Rest set, to make use of that nifty Natural Cure ability. Something like:

- Toxic
    - Rest
    - Flamethrower/Dragon Claw
    - Haze/Perish Song/Sing

Respect for the Swampert & Gardevoir. Had the exact same sets for both on my last team (and they cleaned house too!) :)

Breloom is a solid Spore-Seeder. I used one like this:

-Spore
    - Leech Seed/Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch/Focus Punch
    - Brick Break/Sky Uppercut

Ninjask does best as a Baton Passer. It wrecks stuff.

- Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Silver Wind

Now imagine getting a Swords Dance off, 2 or 3 Speed Boosts, and then Passing that to Breloom or Swampert....I shudder at the thought.

Also, you should consider EV training/nature breeding. Most people don't bother with it in 3rd gen, so most won't see it coming! Crush your enemies even further!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    As Ars Arcanum said, Exploud isn't a really good Pokemon. You should replace it with something like Swellow, Skarmory, or Zangoose.

Also, you should give your Ninjask Silver Wind instead of Slash. If you're going to replace Shadow Ball, you should replace Exploud with Dusclops.

Back