• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think will be the last pokemon generation?

Island

Creative is all I have to say!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    4 Gens. Almost 14 years approximently this big adventure accompanies us. most of us grew with ash and his friends in their journey. but haven't you thought, even for a second-
    what will be the final generation? no more pokemon games? no more pokemon shows? no more pokemons? this thought is disturbing me personally. and what 'bout you?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Well, no one can really tell, but in my opinion, I think the last generation would be somewhere in between the 6th Gen and 9th Gen.

If they make a 10th Gen, the Pokemon would probably looked messed up and weird due to lack of uh... nice ideas.

Years
    If they make a 10th Gen, the Pokemon would probably looked messed up and weird due to lack of uh... nice ideas.

Honestly, I think that point has already come. :-/

I'd hope, when Nintendo finally decides to put Pokémon to rest, that they'll make one last HUGE game incorporating all of the regions. That being said, it would be a huge game and I don't think it would ever happen.

I suppose it's possible they'll stop creating new generations when they've run out of land on Japan to base their regions off of.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    white lancer said:
    Honestly, I think that point has already come. :-/
    I don't really think any of the 4th Gen Pokemon look weird and messed up. :|

Anyways, I take back what I said, the 5th Gen Pokemon would probably look weird and messed up already. :|

I'd hope, when Nintendo finally decides to put Pokémon to rest, that they'll make one last HUGE game incorporating all of the regions. That being said, it would be a huge game and I don't think it would ever happen.
    It would probably take a LONG time until Nintendo decides to put Pokemon to rest, I mean, Pokemon started way back in 1995 and up to now, it's still like the most popular video game evarrr. <3

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
    Honestly, I kind of thought they were going to stop at this 4th generation because they made this "god" pokemon. What possible other legendaries could they make?
    But, knowing the fandom and such, they'll probably continue pokemon for a few more years.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    It might not happen now but its going to happen one day,but when it does i really hope it's massive with all the reigons like white lancer said and also all the pokemon plus heaps of different things to do.
    Also they could make the elite four harder to beat. but i think there is a while left yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    im kind of tired of the new gens, i enjoy the kanto + johto regions the most, mostly because they were made when i was 7-10 when the "fad" was at its most memorable in my life. The new pokemon to me look too toony but its still fun to play the games if they do make a large game with all the regions(which i hope they do, it would be so epic) i would prolly buy it and beat it like 40 times with different original teams(from kanto) i also think the game should go from kanto - sinnoh?(whatever the latest region is) lol

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    I think that the Sinnoh Region is the last pokemon generation. Because they already revealed the God Pokemon of all the region am i right? :3

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    prbly 6th r 7th

and heart gold/soul silver or (crap crap/crappity crappity) is garbage and should not have been made.

or atleast should have given us a port instead of crappy remakes.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    prbly 6th r 7th
    and heart gold/soul silver or (crap crap/crappity crappity) is garbage and should not have been made.

I'm guessing you're not a big Jhoto fan?
    I don't agree. :/

I think the last gen will be between gen 5 and gen 8.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    We'll have to disagree on that. I think almost all of them look weird and messed up.
    How so? I find some Pokémons in Gen. IV to have appealing features.

prbly 6th r 7th

What's wrong with remakes?

It'll probably end somewhere around the 6th Generation.

Years
    prbly 6th r 7th

or at least should have given us a port instead of crappy remakes.

Ahh unfortunately this is your opinion, and like everyone's opinion including your own. Doesn't mean anything to Nintendo. As long as the games are selling and their is deman I think pokemon will keep on coming.

I think that a last genertion may come soon, but we will still have some more official pokemon games to come. Just a hunch.

Years
    How so? I find some Pokémons in Gen. IV to have appealing features.

It's a matter of taste, I suppose. I like a few of the G4 Pokémon (Glaceon, Cranidos, and Lucario, plus a few others), but I don't find any redeeming qualities about most of the rest like Lopunny, Carnivine, and almost all of the new evolutions.

Pavilion!

Pokemon Legacy Online!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    I want to see Nintendo pull one Last Gen for all Consoles out atm

Wii, PS3, PS2, NDS, Xbox, Xbox360 etc.

And have it developed for a few years and make it the best Pokemon Game out.
    Then gradually put out expansion packs with ideas they have thought of every couple years.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I honestly don't see a 9th gen coming out, it takes them like 2-3 years for one gen so what its gonna take approximately 10-15 years until they get to the 9th gen and that's like when we're all too grown up for it and the younger people won't know anything about a charmander.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    But i think 4th Gen is the last Generation.. And the last pokemon series. i guess. But i hope they'll make new one..

Back