• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to happen to Pikachu?

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    I hate Pikachu. Period. I think that when Ash released it, it should of left and never returned. I'd rather like Pikachu to leave then Butterfree. It doesn't exactly make sense, either. I don't see how a Volt Tackle can be so strong as to destroy one of Team Rocket's huge machines unless the machine is soaked with water.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I hate Pikachu. Period. I think that when Ash released it, it should of left and never returned. I'd rather like Pikachu to leave then Butterfree. It doesn't exactly make sense, either. I don't see how a Volt Tackle can be so strong as to destroy one of Team Rocket's huge machines unless the machine is soaked with water.

You also can't really imagine little animals with incredible powers either that can blow stuff up but at the same time it's all non-lethal.

It's called suspension of disbelief. If you try to make everything in Pokemon "make sense", you'll never enjoy the franchise.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    i agree with randomspot555
    pikachu is quite an awesome pokemon and is hugely recognised. pikachu has to stay, there is not really any option. it is sort if like not having Ash in pokemon, there will be a lot less viewers i think.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    pikachu is so appealing to kids, there's no way they take it out.
    Even though I am kind of bored seeing pikachu thunderbolting team rocket.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Well pikachu is not my favorite pokemon to use in games but in anime it suits ash perfectly i dont care what people say ash needs a rilou (wrong) Pikachu and ash 100% he and pikachu are bestes best buddies and it is never going to change

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You also can't really imagine little animals with incredible powers either that can blow stuff up but at the same time it's all non-lethal.

It's called suspension of disbelief. If you try to make everything in Pokemon "make sense", you'll never enjoy the franchise.

Exactly, and I am sure you can do it since you are obviously a fan of Pokemon(Shardwire).

Anyway, Pika is a vital organ in what we call pokemon today. If we took him out no matter how much u would like it, a lot of people wouldnt and would probably quit on it.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Pikachu should stay because Pikachu is one of the main characters in the game, and its electric. lol Besides Pikachu likes ketchup too lol xD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Pikachu can stay, yes, but I'd like to see it just once roast Piplup into oblivion.

Or convince Ash to get a Raichu. Either one works.

Honest

Hi!
    Years

Talk about foul....
    Well, I don't hate Pikachu, but it is annoying every once in a while, I guess. But if I had the power to do something, I would leave Pikachu alone *don't want to get electrocuted! XD*

The shows fine as it is.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To me, Pikachu is the pokemon that actually MAKES pokemon...it is the heart of it all...I love the little electric mouse...

plus who says little things can't accomplish big things??? hmm...

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2009
    Unfortunately, as much as I dislike him (in the series anyways), Pikachu has to stay. It's sad, I know. But it's really what drives the whole series. Again, unfortunately.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years

Randomspot was spot-on.
    It's best to not question things too much.

Besides, Pikachu is basically Pokémon's mascot...
    How would you like it if I took away whatever
    best illustrates yourself?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Since I HATE Pikachu and I LOVE Raichu, I want Pikachu to evolve. Badly. Besides, it'd be a super-powerful and freaking cool Raichu, even if it can't ride on Satoshi's shoulder. They seriously make too big a' deal about Pikachu not evolving, though. . >.> Ooh, it's the mascot. So?

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    I would actually like Pikachu to evolve into its most ultimate form, maybe an awesome more infinitely powerful version of itself which power rivals itself to Arceus and Mew. Maybe what I think is that an extraordinary Legendary Pokemon creation somehow 'disguised' itself as a Pikachu to escape from Team Rocket before Ash met it, so it needs to stay put until it finally evolves. XD Or so I wish, that would be uber!

Years
    I want Pikachu to die, Die, DIEEEEEEE!!!...... Joking, but seriously, Pikachu's signature "Thunderbolt on Team Loser Rocket and BOOM WAHAHA BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!!" really bores me, it's too predictable... D:

Years
    I know that Pikachu is the mascot that MAKES Pokemon what it is, and that the anime would be nothing without it, but I think Pikachu should either evolve or leave. It's getting too boring, 12 seasons of 'We're blasting off again again again again (x however many episodes there are now)' is really starting to grate on me.

Possibly let it evolve, and get a Raichu who is either too mature to enjoy such frivolity as frying n00bish bad guys, or just simply roasts them to death, simply.

Or maybe let it leave, but leave behind an egg... Ash can have a Pichu, it would bring something different, seeing how it grows, maybe being less pissy about evolving.

Alternatively, have Butterfree come back with Uber-powers and send Pikachu into oblivion. No more Pikachu, Butterfree ftw!

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    Erm...no.

Pikachu is reconized everywhere ever since the debut of Pokemon. Heck, it even has its face on a plane. Pikachu cannot evolve or be released in the anime due to its massive popularity it gained over the 10+ years the anime has been showing. Why the heck would it evolve now? If they wanted it to evolve, they would have done it back in Vermillion City. Pikachu is reconized everywhere. Heck, you can't enter a Duty-free shop in Japan without finding merchandice on PIKACHU. It'd be senseless to abandon it.

I don't see how a Volt Tackle can be so strong as to destroy one of Team Rocket's huge machines unless the machine is soaked with water.

The show is an anime. Of course it won't make sense. -_-''

Back