• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What DON'T you want to see in ORAS

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
  • A 100% straight remake? Leaving out all the extra stuff from Emerald? Nah. Don't think they'll be able to screw it up that badly considering how much of Crystal appeared in HG/SS.

Rayquaza2016

Hardcore Hydreigon Fan
    Years
  • I'd prefer a post game with more events though.

BW's post-game was one of the worst I've ever played. It's long, but dreadful. The level gap is so high and there's literally nothing to do besides completing the map (and Cynthia).

BW2's was a lot better though.

I didn't want to consider BW, but it was long.

Years
  • Enough of the ridiculous number of HMs. That is what I liked about Gens 5 and 6. They reduced the number of HMs and they reduced your dependence on the more annoying ones, such as Cut. Here is a list of the Hoenn HMs and what I would like to see Game Freak do with them:

HM01 - Cut

(1) Get rid of it. (2) If Game Freak retains Cut, make it identical to Slash: give it 70 base power, 100 percent accuracy, and an increased critical hit ratio. (3) Once you slash trees, they should not grow back.

HM02 - Fly

(1) Keep it the same. (2) Or bring it down to 85 base power and give it 100 percent accuracy. I would be fine with either.

HM03 - Surf

(1) Just give us back 95 base power, please. Seriously.

HM04 - Strength

(1) Fine as is.

HM05 - Flash

(1) Get rid of it. (2) Or retain it as a TM.

HM06 - Rock Smash

HM07 - Waterfall

(1) Either make waterfalls more ubiquitous so that there is justification for retaining it or just give rid of it/make it a TM.

HM08 - Dive

(1) Just make it so Whirlpool and Surf only deal neutral damage.

Of course, this is all wishful thinking and will never happen.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I don't want to see Wallace as the champion and I don't care about Scott tbh. He never was a big deal for me. I want them to do something about Tate and Liza. They were a real pain. I also don't want to see the desert being so small, I want them to make it much bigger.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Enough of the ridiculous number of HMs. That is what I liked about Gens 5 and 6. They reduced the number of HMs and they reduced your dependence on the more annoying ones, such as Cut. Here is a list of the Hoenn HMs and what I would like to see Game Freak do with them:

HM01 - Cut

(1) Get rid of it. (2) If Game Freak retains Cut, make it identical to Slash: give it 70 base power, 100 percent accuracy, and an increased critical hit ratio. (3) Once you slash trees, they should not grow back.

HM02 - Fly

(1) Keep it the same. (2) Or bring it down to 85 base power and give it 100 percent accuracy. I would be fine with either.

HM03 - Surf

(1) Just give us back 95 base power, please. Seriously.

HM04 - Strength

(1) Fine as is.

HM05 - Flash

HM06 - Rock Smash

HM07 - Waterfall

(1) Either make waterfalls more ubiquitous so that there is justification for retaining it or just give rid of it/make it a TM.

HM08 - Dive

(1) Just make it so Whirlpool and Surf only deal neutral damage.

Of course, this is all wishful thinking and will never happen.

Flash and Rock Smash are no longer HMs.
    I'm quite sure in ORAS they will still stay as TMs.

Yes, cut can be improved... But what's the use? There's barely anything to cut. It doesn't even affect the main storyline.

Years
  • Yes, cut can be improved... But what's the use? There's barely anything to cut. It doesn't even affect the main storyline.

Because I like to get as many items as I can on my walkthrough and not wait till the end of the game, so having cut proves useful for that endeavor.

Years
  • Doubt they increase Cut's power again. I don't want them to, the move is given to the player way too early in the game to merit a 70 BP. Any Pokemon that can learn Cut in the first few routes instantly becomes a terrorizing, man-slaughtering Pokemon killer. Basically, the move would be overpowered - they already gave it a slight boost if I remember correctly, so it's fine as is.

I see why one would want the trees not to come back, but it's such a small thing, I don't think it's of much importance to Game Freak.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't want them to put gates between each area like they've done in Gen 5 & moreso in 6. Hoenn had pretty much no gates and the world didn't feel so disconnected like Kalos does.
    This. If they need transition then they should at the very least treat them the way they did with the streets of Castellia and Lumiose City.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Mega Evolutions. :P

Those things are so overpowered and just plain out ridiculous if you ask me. They literally shat all over the metagame and easily all over the in-game battles. It really just boggles my mind that they gave Pokemon steroid-injected versions of themselves to stomp all over the competition without even batting an eye. No skill involved, especially considering they can Mega Evolve and attack in the same effing turn. What's the point? Like.. they hardly explained Mega Evolutions, much less were they anything truly great. They're powerful to the point of being obnoxious and it's just not sitting well with me. :I

It doesn't help that many of the Pokemon that were given a Mega Form didn't need a boost to begin with. (Here's lookin' at you, Blaziken.)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't want them to put gates between each area like they've done in Gen 5 & moreso in 6. Hoenn had pretty much no gates and the world didn't feel so disconnected like Kalos does.

True, the only gates in Hoenn are in Cycling Road and tbh it felt okay Hoenn didnt have any.

The main focus of Hoenn is to show of its tropical nature and diversity. It seems so industrialized in other cities such as Kanto, Unova, Kalos. Only a few regions that can be leaning towards the nature aspect of the games, one of which is Hoenn.

Years
  • Right now, I'm hoping they keep Primal Reversion exclusive to Kyogre and Groudon. Sure, it would make sense for the fossils to receive a devolved form as well, but one fossil already has a Mega evolution, Aerodactyl, and I think it would be odd if it had both a Primal form and a Mega form. I can see the appeal in doing it, but making Groudon and Kyogre unique with these forms makes a lot more sense to me.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I don't know I kinda want some Pokemon to get Primal Reversions especially Rayquaza and the fossils.

Also, I really don't want to see Flash returning as an HM. Maybe replace it with Whirlpool or Secret Power.

MichaelSK16

Pokemon Connoisseur
    Years
  • Seeing as RSE was easily my favorite generation, I have a huge amount of things I want to see, and also a huge amount of things I don't want. To make this much simpler, my biggest hopes for them not screwing things up are bolded.

- Like mostly everyone, I'll be unimpressed if Wallace is the champ again. Steven is just an all-around better trainer. Multi-type as opposed to water mono, and just overall better Pokemon.

- Don't make this game a cakewalk! I want this game to challenge me, unlike X and Y. It was pitifully easy to walk through X in two days. I want to see MUCH steeper level curves; difficulty spikes with the gym leaders and E4; full teams for E4 and at least 4 Pokemon per gym leader; an EXP share that doesn't practically level your entire team to 70 pre-e4; a much smaller regional dex than X and Y (just add Hoenn family additions from later gens); and most importantly - no megas until after the e4. This brings me to my next point, which is unrealistic to say the least.

- I hope they don't embrace Megas too much. Act like megas never happened! I absolutely hate them and wish that Nintendo would erase all traces of mega existance. They just make me think Pokemon is ready to retire. Why else would they crush Mawile's potential after it gained Fairy typing like that? An actual evolution would have been so much cooler and more fulfilling. Plus, did Blaziken, Garchomp, and Tyranitar really need megas?

- Don't put out a game that looks dull and doesn't take full advantage of the 3DS's graphic capabilities. I wish they'd really go all-out with the aesthetic aspects of the game. I want the open world to be breath-taking and immersive. I want there to be details in the trees, the ocean floor or river beds, maybe more detailed HM animations for Fly/Surf? Unless I'm using Wailmer to surfer, I don't like sitting on a black blob floating across the sea. hell it'd even be cool to see Pokemon scurrying to and fro or sitting in trees in the wild, though that's highly unlikely.

- Don't give us the same fleeting rivals that show up a couple of times and never amount to anything. I want them to think the Rivals' roles through carefully. I want both Brendan/May and Wally to have established personalities and I want them to set goals and establish paths to achieve those goals. I want to know what happens with them, for crying out loud!

- Don't sell the game short and practically end it at the E4. I want some new content. I want a ton of side quests. I think it'd be awesome to see what becomes of the leaders of magma/aqua, or to follow up on Wally and your rival and give them more spotlight. Maybe actually add a Deoxys storyline or a Jirachi storyline. It'd be harder for Latios and Latias, seeing as they roam, but I wouldn't complain if they became stationary legendaries (Hell, they're practically impossible to find as roamers) I know it isn't all that common for Pokemon to have in-depth stories and multiple side stories, but I think it's a direction that could definitely add a new level of entertainment to the series. Plus, there is a ton of wasted potential in places like New Mauville, the desert, Shoal Cave, Meteor Falls, Pacifidlog town the abandoned ship, and mirage island that desperately need to be reconsidered and given a second chance to at least have bigger parts in the main story.

- Don't make me bike through the Sky Pillar. This seems unlikely, though, so at least just give me more control of the Mach Bike.

- Don't halt the progress made with X and Y's character customization! We likely won't be able to change hair this time around, so add more to wardrobe choices! Maybe allow Brendan to take his hat off!

- Don't make a ridiculous amount of HM-dependent areas. I hate HM slaving Pokemon not named Bibarel, and I hope Bibarel won't even be available pre-E4, so just minimize the use of HMs!

- Don't make supposedly significant locations so small and insignificant. The desert was way too small. New Mauville wasn't exciting at all. All of the caves were pretty much pointless save for victory road.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    One of the only things I didn't like much about 3rd gen was the selection of 1st and 2nd gen pokemon to accompany the new 3rd gen ones. I wouldn't like it if they stuck too slavishly to the ones they had before. I'd like to see a different mix, and maybe a few 5th and 6th gens too?

Years
  • - Don't make a ridiculous amount of HM-dependent areas. I hate HM slaving Pokemon not named Bibarel, and I hope Bibarel won't even be available pre-E4, so just minimize the use of HMs!

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I have to point out: Zigzagoon is a killer HM slave as well. Cut/Strength/Rock Smash/Surf takes care of pretty much everything until you get to dive/waterfall.

Back