• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Haven't you heard? The Isshu pokedex is only gonna have Gen5 Pokemon so you don't have to worry about all those boring zubat, geodude and tentacool.

Although I bet there'll be some gen5 counterparts that we'll all get bored of eventually.

woah seriously? But I always thought that every generation is supposed to have those "favored 25 pokemon" in them. Ever wondered why pikachu, zubat, and tentacool are in every game?

but that would be a change to have on Isshu exclusive pokemon in the region dex, but I highy doubt that they will disclue the pikachu family.

And I agree with someone mentioning the ball capsules. Please lift those restrictions on them, pleaseee :]

The Red Chain

woah seriously? But I always thought that every generation is supposed to have those "favored 25 pokemon" in them. Ever wondered why pikachu, zubat, and tentacool are in every game?

but that would be a change to have on Isshu exclusive pokemon in the region dex, but I highy doubt that they will disclue the pikachu family.

And I agree with someone mentioning the ball capsules. Please lift those restrictions on them, pleaseee :]
    It was confirmed that we will not see any Pokemon that are not from the 5th generation in Black or White ; before the National Dex. So the Regional Dex only consists of B&W Pokemon. No Pikachu, Geodude, Zubat, or Tentacool here. :3

Here is the source for the above information.

I kinda don't want to see anymore evolutions of old Pokemon either. I think Pokemon that don't evolve should stay that way, even if it would make them battle-worthy to evolve. It's nice to have unique Pokemon that don't have evolutions, or pre-evolutions.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years

but that would be a change to have on Isshu exclusive pokemon in the region dex, but I highy doubt that they will disclude the pikachu family.

Except they are going to disclude them. To be honset I think this is a refreshing change =) It should be great to play through the game with entirely new pokemon no-one has ever used before ^^

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    no triple battles. double battles were cool, but triple battles? half your teams gone if the wrong moves used..i see frustration in my future

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I am sick of the same surfing silhouette I want the image of surfing to be the actual pokemon.

Years
    I do like the idea of triple battles, but seriously, I don't want Voltorb Flip appearing at the Game Corner. Chillarmy shouldn't appear 50% of the time on the first route. And please- no new legendaries!!

And I hope they don't exclude Pokémon from previous generations.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    -No one bag fits all (it gets crowded from time to time)

I think instead of taking away the infinite bag, they should instead reintroduce the ablilty to store items in the PC.
    That way you can get rid of the useless stuff and still always have room for something you might pick up.

I'm not convinced triple battle will be successful. I mean, three moves every turn could demolish you rather quickly. And it just seems like a slapdash new feature. 'More MUST be better' was clearly the attitude. :/

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    And for the love of god MANLY looking female Pokemon! *cringes thinking about Miss Champ*
    Unfortunately GF probably can't really do anything about that. I mean, they could always give Female Machamps a pair of knockers and a slim waistline, but somehow I don't think that would happen.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I hope GameFreak actually maintained a focus on a steady level curve and a long campaign, unlike in HeartGold and SoulSilver where the focus was primarily on the mini-games and sidequests. Basically, I don't want to see too much focus on tiny aspects of the game, over the larger ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2010
    I hope GameFreak actually maintained a focus on a steady level curve and a long campaign, unlike in HeartGold and SoulSilver where the focus was primarily on the mini-games and sidequests. Basically, I don't want to see too much focus on tiny aspects of the game, over the larger ones.

It probably felt that way because it was a remake of a game that, in my experience, was shorter than the Hoenn and Sinnoh games. Back in the day, I personally found Gold and Silver to be a good length, as it was a world bigger than R/B/Y that preceded it. Being the latest game in the main series, I have no doubt that Black and White will be the longest main campaign yet.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Those starter evolutions that a bunch of gullible people think are real...

They are most likely and almost certainly real.

I dont was those manly female pokemon either, particularly Machop females. And of course feminine male pokemon like Goldeen.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well I don't mind the kanto pokemon having weird genders, I mean they were made before genders existed. How were they to know? But with the new Isshu ones I hope there aren't too many ones that look like they would be a specific gender and turn out to be both. But I won't mind some, I mean not all pokemon can be gender specific.

The Red Chain

I just thought of this since I use Everstone a lot.

I don't want to see Everstone as a held item anymore. I want it to be a stone you use once, like the rest of them. That way you don't have to take up the item slot or continuously hit B every time your Pokemon levels up. I know it's a held item just in case people decide to evolve their Pokemon later, but it's irritating for people who want to permanently keep their Pokemon un-evolved, like me. D:

If this would be too much of a problem they need an item that will prevent evolution permanently, and one you can use for temporarily disabling it.. or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I just thought of this since I use Everstone a lot.

I don't want to see Everstone as a held item anymore. I want it to be a stone you use once, like the rest of them. That way you don't have to take up the item slot or continuously hit B every time your Pokemon levels up. I know it's a held item just in case people decide to evolve their Pokemon later, but it's irritating for people who want to permanently keep their Pokemon un-evolved, like me. D:

If this would be too much of a problem they need an item that will prevent evolution permanently, and one you can use for temporarily disabling it.. or something.
    Well they could have your pokemon absorb the stone and if you do want to evolve it then they it should be taken out, though I don't care that much for that as I never use an everstone (Yeah I'm your opposite when it comes to using an everstone :P) but for those who use it after all it would be nice for them :)

Years
    Crappy starter evolutions. Oh, wait...

Lol, but seriously I DON'T want a pointless storyline, or a bucket load of Grass-types and Water-types. I think its about time that the Fire-types get more recognition. Even though I find it quite ironic that we get 2 fire monkeys in one generation. O_O

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Crappy starter evolutions. Oh, wait...

Lol, but seriously I DON'T want a pointless storyline, or a bucket load of Grass-types and Water-types. I think its about time that the Fire-types get more recognition. Even though I find it quite ironic that we get 2 fire monkeys in one generation. O_O
    Yup and 3 if you count the fire monkey's evolution and 4 if you count Hihidurama's pre evo as an "ape"

Back