• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What DS Game should i buy next?

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Hey,
    I'm not sure which Ds game to get next. Any suggestions?
    I'm thinking of -
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of Darkness
    The World Ends With You

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I have heard the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 is great and I would recommend that although I don't have it myself.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Civilization Revolution
    Digimon Dusk/Dawn

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I say get the pokemon mystery dungeon games, or the digimon games dawn/dusk! =]

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    i would suggest not buying the avatar game...i have nothing against the series, just games based on tv shows are not so good

SamBee

Tentacool Breeder
    Years
    I second deadmuffin's comment. Just look at all the Disney games.
    AVatar is good though, best for it to stick to TV.

I'm playin Mystery Dungeon at the moment. Very challenging, if that's what you're looking for.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    TV show based games are always cheap. Spongebob,Power Puff Girls, and Kim Possible are all good examples and the Avatar game is no different.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    It doesn't look like anyone has suggested this, since I searched the thread. :x

I recommend Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga and it's sequel Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Those games have kept me up for hours trying to beat them. They're challenging and fun, but not to the point of frustration. It does take some patience to learn the moves and level up, etc. But if you're looking for something funny, yet challenging, then I recommend those.

I didn't check for this one, but the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is another great game that isn't so challenging, but it's exciting and fun. The puzzles can get quite difficult, but once again, not to the point of frustration.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I personally think "The World Ends with You" is a worthwhile purchase. It's not revolutionary per se but it's definitely unique and a well polished game to say the least. It's challenging, has a solid story and the art style is just really pretty. The game's highlight however, has got to be the soundtrack. If I knew it was so good before getting the game, it would've been the sole reason I would've bought it for.

"Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness" is also good (even though I got Explorers of Time) and is another worthy purchase. If you've played the first, then it's pretty much exactly the same in terms of gameplay but the new pokemon, story and art make it just as good or even better.

I also got the "Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth" game and I have to agree about what the others have said about it. The only reason I got it was because I'm a die hard fan but that's no reason to waste $30. Just stick with the show.

And in terms of personal favourites; Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword and Mega Man Star Force 2: Zerker x Saurian/Ninja. Look em up if you're interested.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    I'll second Professor Layton and the Curious Village. It's a great Puzzle game! Haven't gotten any of games though, recently!

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Feiku-I will look up the Mario And Luigi ones.They sound interesting =]

Phanima-Yes,iv'e decided to get "The World Ends With You" But i will look up Mario and Luigi first though =]

Thanks for your opinion people =]

Feiku-

Fanima-Ok =]
    I will be getting 'The World Ends With You' and 'Mario And Luigi Partners In Time'..
    Thank you for your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    sept 22...kirby super star ultra.....a remake of the greatest kirby game ever for the DS...everone needs to get it

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I can't believe nobody recommended Elite Beat Agents yet.

One of the best DS games ever.

Back