• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What EV's Should I give the following?

Oddball

Odd one out
    Years
    My friends play no legendary though.

So I have either Skarm + Clay or Donphan + CmCune?

As well as Agiligross, Porygon-Z, Salamence, and Blissey?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    My friends play no legendary though.

Tell your friends to play by standard rules or don't play at all.

If they just don't prefer legendaries though it REALLY doesn't sound that way) fine, but explain to them where you're coming from and try to convince them otherwise, eh? works for me :)

But if they don't like CMcune, use gardevoir maybe...it makes decent use of CM and with WoW, can make a beast of a tank.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2008
    Eh, Salamence can work in alot of different ways.IDK if you want just the EV'S or what but i'm just going to post the entire (2) movesets.

Specsmence-

Salamence@C-Specs(choice specs)
    Intimidate
    Modest(+Sp.Att,-Att)
    EV'S: 252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    -Hydro Pump
    -Dragon Pulse

I'd personally run with Flamethrower than with Fire Blast due to the fact that Fire Blast has 5 PP, and it's accuracy is 70% I think(It's still not good enough IMO).Though its Sp. Attack is lower than its
    Attack, it can do incredible amounts of damage with the insanely powerful
    Draco Meteor. Very few Pokemon can survive a full power Draco Meteor and even
    fewer can survive the second round of this move. Only Steel types resist
    Dragon moves and those are taken care of by Flamethrower. Heatran is the only
    Pokemon that resists both Dragon and Fire attacks, so Hydro Pump is reserved
    especially for it. Dragon Pulse is your secondary Dragon move. Use it near the
    end of the battle when your opponents have already been weakened.

Then there is the

CBMence-

Salamence@C-Band
    Intimidate
    Adamant(+Att,-Sp.Att)
    EV'S: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    -Stone Edge
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Filler / Fire Blast

The last spot you could place Zen Headbutt because thats what I role with.Fire Blast is an option as well.Although I highly recommend Fire Blast for Skarmory.A STABed Dragon Claw could be a nasty
    surprise to people who switch in their Blisseys because they expected your
    Salamence to be a Choice Specs version. Earthquake hits Steel types. Fire
    Blast hits airbone Steels like Skarmory and Bronzong and will do more damage
    than Fire Fang. Stone Edge is for Flyers like Gyarados.

These are the only sets I can think of for now but I'll try to think of more.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Thanks! So now it's a question of EV's for
    Agiligross - 152 HP, 252 Atk, 106 Spd - Adament
    Salamence - 200 Atk, 152 Sp Atk, 158 Spd - Naughty/Lonely
    Porygon-Z - 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP - Timid/Modest
    Blissey - 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def/Sp Atk - Bold
    Donphan - 252 HP, 152 Def, 106 Atk - Impish/Adament
    Suicune - 252 HP, 180 Def, 76 Sp Atk - Bold

EVs in bold, included Natures because I'm such a nice guy :P

Oddball

Odd one out
    Years
    Quick question: Don't you want blissey to have sp defense since that's her specialty, or do you want it to have defense because of it's low defense?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    unless you plan on using Blissey in the uber tier... always Bold and always Max Def EVs... otherwise any physical hit would KO it...

Blissey (and Milotic) are the only two exceptions (that I can think of) that you put EVs in with the lowest useable stat, ie Defence for Blissey... as it is all about increasing durability, and with as much Sp Def as Blissey has, she doesn't need anymore unless going up against uber pokemon

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    Blissey desperately needs her Def and Bold Nature because without them, any decent physical attack OHKO's her, even attacks as weak as Aerial Ace will do considerable damage if coming with STAB.

To save you the trouble of asking, STAB means "Same Type Attack Bonus". This means that Pokemon that use moves that are the same type that they are will do 150% damage.

And just to comment on that Wobbuffet thing earlier, that big blue thing gets owned by Future Sight. Future Sight can't be Mirror Coated, so Wobbuffet can't do squat except to Encore it. My Gardevoir loves Future Sight. Lol.

Speaking of Psychic types, what role do you propose to give Espeon? Baton Passer or Special Sweeper? She's been blessed with great SAtk and Speed, so decide on a role, and we can provide possible movesets. =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2008
    I heard that stab damage is just what everyone said..Actually do it really stab?

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    I can't understand what that last post is asking for, so I'll just explain STAB again...

STAB stands for:

S- Same
    T- Type
    A- Attack
    B- Bonus

This means that a Pokemon that uses an attack of the same type will do 150% damage. For example: Breloom, a Grass- and Fighting-type Pokemon, uses Focus Punch. Focus Punch is a Fighting-type attack with a base power of 150. Since Breloom is a Fighting-type Pokemon, Focus Punch will do 150% damage. So, 150 * 1.5, or to make it easier, 150% of 150 is 225. So instead of 150, Focus Punch will have a total power of 225, which is really high. There's no actual STABBING going on. Pokemon don't IMPALE each other.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    I can't understand what that last post is asking for, so I'll just explain STAB again...

STAB stands for:

S- Same
    T- Type
    A- Attack
    B- Bonus

This means that a Pokemon that uses an attack of the same type will do 150% damage. For example: Breloom, a Grass- and Fighting-type Pokemon, uses Focus Punch. Focus Punch is a Fighting-type attack with a base power of 150. Since Breloom is a Fighting-type Pokemon, Focus Punch will do 150% damage. So, 150 * 1.5, or to make it easier, 150% of 150 is 225. So instead of 150, Focus Punch will have a total power of 225, which is really high. There's no actual STABBING going on. Pokemon don't IMPALE each other.
    1.5=50%
    1.5=1/2
    75 is half of 150
    150+75=225

Oddball

Odd one out
    Years
    As far as EV's are concerned:

My friend was telling me that he was going to kill Beautiflys which give 3 sp. atk EV's, and use a macho brace and Pokerus to get 12 ev's per fight. He said that will give you maxed in 21 fights, and then once he does all his stats, he's going to rare candy to 100. He's hacked his game of course, but, will this work in theory?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    My friend was telling me that he was going to kill Beautiflys which give 3 sp. atk EV's, and use a macho brace and Pokerus to get 12 ev's per fight. He said that will give you maxed in 21 fights, and then once he does all his stats, he's going to rare candy to 100. He's hacked his game of course, but, will this work in theory?

Rare candy training is total fail. Put in the time or don't play. wiFi sets the levels to level 100 though :/
    And yes, it works. Don't count on pokerus though.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    All his stats? I hope your friend realizes that he can only have 510 EVs max on a single Pokemon. :P

As for the Rare Candy thing, I'm not sure if Rare Candies register EVs when levelling up.

EDIT: Anti, I think the friend already has Pokerus.
    Why wouldn't he be able to count on it?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    All his stats? I hope your friend realizes that he can only have 510 EVs max on a single Pokemon. :P

As for the Rare Candy thing, I'm not sure if Rare Candies register EVs when levelling up.

EDIT: Anti, I think the friend already has Pokerus.
    Why wouldn't he be able to count on it?

I meant getting pokerus...I've only gotten it once, and I was a n00b, so...I don't wanna talk about it :(

no need to take chances with rare candies. Just sweep through the E4 a few times with a lucky egg.

Back