• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What features did you think would be within the games but actually weren't?

Did you wish

• Total voters

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
  • I thought they would be a Battle Tower at least (like in D/P) but instead a Subway (I'd prefer a Tower in Nimbasa).

And the Vs. Seeker and Safari Zone. Why no Safari Zone? There was also no Gym Leader rematches (hopefully in Gray there will be).

Years
  • I haven't gotten far in HG/SS yet so I didn't know about the features I could compare Gen V with, but that's okay that they weren't similar. The remakes are suppose to be just a gen 4 version of a GBC game while gen 5 is suppose to be its own thing.

Kinda sucks though that there wasn't a vs. seeker so you could continue to raise Pokemon and keep the game going.

Anyway what I expected from the next gen of Pokemon:

1. a way to drop and drag trade multiple Pokemon at a time rather than still select one at a time and watch the trading animation, though it's a huge time saver you can pick out of the box

2. more baby Pokemon, because I like em

3. a rival I could name, because I miss the days

4. Dewgong could evolve, because I have dreams

5. More realistically, if you could use the C-gear to trade on wifi from anywhere, when I first got it that's what I thought I could do with it, but the truth is I don't know what I'm suppose to do with it.

6. You know how Pokemon stadium had rental Pokemon, or automatically filtered all the Pokemon in your box to show what qualified for the battle ahead. Since the DS has N64 like abilities something like that would have been cool for random match up battles on wifi like if you wanted to do Little Cup or something

7. Teleport System- a lot of Gen V doesn't rely heavily on TM's and that's why I love it. Fly is easy when your stuck somewhere in a pinch, but what if each Pokemon center had like a little teleport option and you could go to a different town without going to the PC, depositing a Pokemon, going to the town, getting your party member back out, bleh. Flora Sky Version had something like this to get to certain islands that weren't on the map and I thought wouldn't it be awesome for everywhere.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    No VS Seeker, No Safari Zone... etc. etc.

I was very surprised that more wasn't done with the seasons feature. The only significant change that came with the seasons was around the Icirrus City area, and even then it was only in winter. The most glaring example, of this to me was in Pinwheel Forest in the Autumn... no fallen leaves? No golden trees? A disappointment on all but one front really.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • No Safari Zone..
    No Gym Rematches..
    No Rematches..
    And especially, no new evolution from previous Generations.. (or I haven't found any)

I kinda hoped for new evolution in Gen V, and finding out there's none but only full of new high-end modern-looking Pokemon. No wonder why Trip called Ash someone from the booners in the anime..

Years
  • No VS Seeker, No Safari Zone... etc. etc.

I was very surprised that more wasn't done with the seasons feature. The only significant change that came with the seasons was around the Icirrus City area, and even then it was only in winter. The most glaring example, of this to me was in Pinwheel Forest in the Autumn... no fallen leaves? No golden trees? A disappointment on all but one front really.

I didn't really care about there not being a Safari Zone because bleh

but I was thinking wouldn't it have been awesome if like there was a Safari Zone unlocked post game that had a few gen 1 - 4 pokes in it since the national dex is unlocked, and depending on the season the Pokemon were different. Like winter you have ice types, summer some water and fire, spring grass etc.

Hopefully the seasons will be improved upon for future games cause it was cool but like you said there wasn't anything amazing graphic wise and there is only a handful of Pokemon that are season exclusive that I could easily get in GTS

When I played Black Version for the first time and seen the season I was

"OMG POKEMON HARVEST MOON? I'M IN!"

ebiltun

Shiny and Event Collector
    Years
  • No VS Seeker.
    No Pokemon from Different Regions appear in the Unova Pokedex.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    When I saw the planes from Mistralton City the in coro coro magazine, I was hoping that they would make it so we would be able to travel on them. But sadly only Skyla can. xD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Dancing in the PokeMusicals, and a sort of singing feature, because that's what they do n musicals. I thought we could dance like in DPPt, but no, just throw props.

I thought all the moving workers in Castelia were interactable.

Nephilim

Resounding Sounds.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    No VS seeker, which kind of sucked, and honestly, what the heck happened to the Follow Me feature? Out of everything that could've been implemented in the game, why did this have to been taken out? :( It would be really nice to see what kind of reactions B/W pokemon would have when they would be walking with your trainer and all that kind of good stuff, especially in the new 3D graphics, it'd be kinda cool @_@;

But that's pretty much it. :D;

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • as mentioned previously i would have liked to have the feature where your pokemon follows you around outside of their poke balls. also i thought trainers would be rematchable like previous games.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
    Years
  • Like others said, the absence of the Follow Me and automatic running features was peculiar. It's obvious that there are OW sprites for at least most Pokemon, too, as can be seen in the Entralink, which stumps me further.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I thought the Automatic Running feature would be in, the VS Seeker, and I just read that apparently there is no Safari Zone which is also a surprise. And though it might not be a feature, I'm very upset with some TM's that they replaced or removed, like Giga Drain or Focus Blast.

Ieyasu

This statement is false
    Years
  • Without a VS Seeker, grinding just got a whole lot tougher. The Battle Subway seemed too half-hearted attempt to replace the Battle Frontier, since there were no special mechanics in any part of the Subway.

Years
  • I miss the VS Seeker. It was excellent for quick levelling, and kept a steady stream of opponents for those moments when you'd gotten as far as you could.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
  • I hated how in this game you got TWO rivals instead of one. And you can't even name them. Having one of the rivals pick the starter that's weak to yours doesn't help at all.
    You still have to fight a know-it-all miff off. And I hoped for maybe some better graphics, and they did! (Like always) :D Oh yeah, and how I like how the daycare is right after the first gym. Awesome. Thanks Game Freak! K bai

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • Pokerader

Hi all, do you think they should of added the pokerader in black and white versions, it would of been cool, that way you can chain shiney pokemon even though you can catch shinies, but it would of been good if you could use the pokerader to chain them and find them much faster. And to add to this i believe that the poker rader would of been good to make it easier to catch all other pokemon from different regions, and this is not including the ones you can already catch in the grass without the pokerader. What do you think C:

Back