• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What films do you love

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've re-watched World War Z recently; it wasn't such a bad decision.

Years
    Pulp Fiction probably takes the cake for my favorite movie. Actually, most Quentin Tarantino movies are up there. Some other good ones:
    • It Follows
    • every Star Wars movie (yes, even the prequels)
    • The Matrix
    • The Iron Giant
    • Shutter Island
    • Alien
    • Monty Python and the Holy Grail

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Never been a big movie guy. Heavyweights, The Big Green, and Good Burger (lol) are all childhood favorites. Though lately I've been watching some of the old stuff, and I've enjoyed quite a few of them. Anyways, I'll list a few favorites.

- No Country for Old Men
    - Wall-E
    - Schindler's List
    - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest
    - Pulp Fiction (might be the most quotable movie ever, lol)
    - Grave of the Fireflies ;-;

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Well, I can't say I've seen many movies but from the ones I have seen, this would be my favourite's list.

1. Princess Mononoke

I could talk for days about this movie, the screenplay, the animation, artwork, concept, ideals... But it's a subjective movie and I'll let you figure out how you feel about it, if you watch it. All I know is, that this is my favourite movie. Period.

2. The Intern

I don't much like softer movies that one might say is "for girls" or whatever bollocks like that. But this movie is something special. Doesn't cease to bring out a range of emotions in me, and is an all-around touching movie. Robert de Niro is a phenomenal actor in this, and really tells a believable tale. Witty and humorous, with an anchor in real-life, this film really hits home hard.

3. The Iron Giant

There aren't many films from my childhood which I look back on and say "That is a film I'll watch when I'm 80." The Iron Giant however is one of these films. I have found that as I watch it does get a little less impactive each time, but its a small effect, and the film still has a very strong effect on me today. It's a beautiful tale, impacting that it's not who we are on the outside, but who we are on the inside that matters, and I stand by the lessons this movie teaches even today.

4. Pulp Fiction

Yes, it's a Tarentino film, like many people have on their lists. But Pulp Fiction is on many peoples' lists for good reason. It's a classic masterpiece, filled with brilliant acting and writing, and never fails to entertain.

5. Dusk till Dawn

Another Tarantino, and no, this isn't on my list because I particularly enjoyed it. I just think it's a cracking film which will take you for one hell of a ride, and I remember that when watching this with my mates, it was a great bit of fun to watch.

6. Your Name/Summer Wars/The Girl who Leapt Through TIme

All animations, but they are all good in their own rights. These are more subject to taste, but they are all inspiring movies and I can't help but enjoy myself when watching one.

7. The Shawshank Redemption

Eh, this maybe should be higher but tbh, a lot on this list should be ranked differently, so take the order of these with a generous pinch of salt. This film is a good few hours of damn good story-telling, and really pulls you into it. Plus anything with Morgan Freeman is just amazing anyway, but on top this film gives you the works. A serious must watch for anyone looking for a good film that isn't like the brain-dead action mush that gets pushed out on the majority these days.

Okay that does it at seven I need to sleep. The short explanation is ofc condensed, because it would take me years to write reasons for all films. My advice? Go and watch them. I like to sit with a good film at least every weekend. I'd do it every day if I had enough beer and pizza. Nothing better than watching a new film on netflix in the evening.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Horror category, love horror movies but don't like slashers that much

- The Thing (1982)
    - The Exorcist (1973)
    - The Fly (1986)
    - Alien (1982)
    - The Witch or The VVitch (2016)
    - The Shining (1980)
    - The Conjuring (2013)
    - And some more

Years
    My favourite movie of all-time is SlapShot. It combines two of my favourite things in the world - hockey and comedy, and it does it to perfection.

Back