• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Games were better? Metal or Colour?

What games were better? Metal (GSC) Or Colour (RBGY)

• Metal (GSC)

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • Colour (RBGY)

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    Metal games got me hooked on the series so G/S. But it gets annoying having to keep buying new one when the internal battery dies. Infact I going to play gold right now.

Years
  • It's pretty close, I think that overall I am more inclined to play the colour games again and again so that's what I'm going to have to go with. They are both amazing sets of games though, no doubt about that.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Aww come on, the colours guys!

The metals are my least favourite of the series. The new features were cool (day/night, radio), but RBY is just too much fun. Plus, I loved having my little Pikachu buddy in Yellow. :D

I traded that little rat. He was too demanding for his own good.

Metal for me since you could play as a girl. I got to be a girl pokemon trainer, yay! =D

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I personally preferred Yellow out of all 6 versions and so my vote goes with the original Kanto games. The G/S/C series did have some nice improvements obviously, but I still liked the original game better.

Years
  • After the 'What was the worst trick you fell for?' thread, i can't decide lol.Seems weird how that thread made me decide but it got me thinking of all the stuff that happened then. They are both brilliant in their own ways.

Back