• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What? Garchomp is evolving!

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
    The only way this would work is if certain Pokemon evolved as a reward for reaching level 100. Just my opinion. Other than having max level, getting lvl 100 doesn't really get you much else.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I for one wouldn't mind, but not for current pokés.

If they ever release a Gen VI, I wouldn't mind if a certain new pokémon has three evolutions.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I hate it when noobs mention this stuff along with light types when a new gen is about to come out. This belongs in the hell no section with light types and sound types and the evolving legendary BS.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I totally disapprove the idea of that. As others have said, third stage evolutions would ruin the mechanics of the game. Besides, they would probably turn out something like Rhyperior (or even worse), which looks over-evolved for a Pokémon in my opinion.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    The only way I'd like to see 4 evolutions is this;

Every Pokemon has a different form at level 1, their "baby" form. Then at level 2 that pokemon evolves into it's next evolution (for example, Charmander) that way Charizard would still be the final evolution.
    Then we'd have the stages; Baby, Basic, Stage 1 and Stage 2 which makes 4 stages.
    The baby forms would be no good for battling but it would make sense having a "baby form" lapras or a "baby form" Onix coming out of an egg then evolving into their adult sized stages rather than a full sized one coming out of an egg.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    It depends on what pokemon we are referring to. Some might come out really cool or nice. If it were a pokemon like Garhomp for instance, I would say no. It is powerful enough as it is.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    If you thought Evolite Chancey was a pain, then you'll just "looove" it when Blissey gets a hold of it!

That sums up why existing three-stagers should NOT get an Evolution, even if it meant giving them a Scizor-treatment and only re-distributing their stats. As for the future...Well, it goes against tradition, and if I had to chose between 4 stages existing or not, I'd pick no, but so long as they balanced things properly, I could live with the addition...Somewhat.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    They should make third stage evolutions to pokemons with somewhat weak overall stats in their second stage... To balance things out and so people can freely choose pokemons they want in metagame...

cause i always see garchomp, tyranitar, scizor, machamp, lucario, salamence, gengar, gliscor, blissey, did i already said garchomp and tyranitar?

its boring... its not even fun anymore to battle the same pokemons with just different strategies (and some FAIL strategies)...

Last edited:
    Back