• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What gave Pokemon its bad reputation.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    People think its a very childish and stupid anime, and think its for kids. Another thing might be, there is a pokemon they hate, and in hating that pokemon makes them hate EVERYTHING pokemon. But hey you have people from various ages watching, and playing pokemon games and lots of people in the world seem to like it a lot and you even have people who collect/play the TCG.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    why? WHY! I'll tell you why!

ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash
    ash

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    *sigh* it was the anime
    and do not5 defend the anime because you are wrong
    Well, I'm glad your open to others opinions.
    P.S. Does everybody seriously think that people wouldn't make fun of Pokemon if the anime didn't exist? Because if so, then you must be blinder then a Zubat.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I say one of the main reasons is the anime. But also, here in America, it's rated E. If it were Rated T, NOBODY would make fun of it. It's because they fail to realize that games that are appropriate for children doesn't mean older people can't play it. It's because it's a game 6 year olds can get into, and people in middle and high school have to play games like Grand Theft Auto or Call of Duty to think they are cool.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    It hardly got any bad rep. The small percentage of bad reps are coming from no brains, kleptomaniacs and parents who doesn't want to understand. They think it's childish, but they don't dig deep. They only say about the anime, not the game.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Really I think it all depends on the maturity level of people maybe? Not saying that any of us that enjoy Pokemon are immature of course, but you get people who think they're too grown-up for such a show, game etc. There are people who like it, and those who don't. But for those who constantly pick on others for liking a Anime/Game like Pokemon, obviously have nothing better to do with their time. So if you like something, then you like it, and if you don't, well then you don't xD. But it could possibly be the Anime that puts people off, I really have no idea. -He shrugged-

Back