• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHAT GEN DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST

Years
    In order:
    Johto
    Kanto
    Sinnoh
    Hoenn

I love Johto, all my favorite pokemon are in it and it had the best games (:
    Hoenn I really don't like. Nothing really interests me in this region, meaning the pokemon and areas ;_;

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Pokemon have cornered themselves with Arceus the God already.

Seriously?

It basicly for me goes: Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh. Sorry, Johto rocks and Sinnoh sucks. Its kinda obvious...

Ahh, the screams of the nostalgia fanboys. Just to be an ass, Johto was absurdly stupid. Come on now, two half assed regions don't make a whole region.

The 4th generation. Technically, HG/SS count as the 4th generation of Pokemon, and D/P/P had the best plot(excluding the evil team, they were so stupid), so yeah.

4th(awesome features, awesome story, neat pokemon, just awesome overall)
    3rd(pretty cool, the water in Hoenn got damn near unbearable)
    2nd(a step up)
    1st(they were atrocious)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Generations I and II were my favorites. I don't think anything beats the original Kanto region pokemon, but I really like all of Johto's as well tacked onto that. The Johto region was awesome and I loved all the towns.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
    1.Johto
    Johto set a standerd of what a game map should be...It had creative locations, no over using the title "Legendary". It's one of only two regions that mysticaly has this concept of "time flow". Your rival is by FAR the best of the rivals. The Proffeser fit his place..He wasn't better then Oak..but he didn't have to be...best starters EVER..(only judging on asthetics, not statistics)

2.Kanto
    Kanto did have a few bests. It had the best Proffessers, the best Villian (Giovanni), the best and most authentic gym leaders. an Elite 4 that was a challenge, and memorable locations, starters, and challenges.

3.Orre?
    Ok, I'm not sure this counts since technicly it's from a sub game..but I loved it..that's all I have to say just in case this doesn't count

3.5 Sinnoh...Sinnoh had some problems for me..and I havn't finished it...so I still might change my mind about it..but so far I'm impressed..it has "time flow" (MAJOR PLUS), an improved berry system (which I loved from the second game) The Legendarys...well they can get quite redunkoulous..but Darkrai is by far the greatest so he makes up for the res t of them. Very Memorable locations, but maybe not as memoralbe as the first two...(the underground being the most memorable). The Gym Leaders were a little over the top, but so is pretty much everyone else in the game (this game has BY FAR..the worst rival...but...the looker roks). Two out of the three Starters were well...AMAZING..the other one sucked (I leave it up to imagiation as to which ones)

7.Hoenn........

I hate Hoeen....the berry system is super flawed. The Gym leaders are in no way memorable. Some locations are cool, but most drop the ball in my opionion..Secret Bases are probally the most memorable location, but is highly trumped by Sinnoh's underground. The starters..although cool statistically (I'll admit that i LOVE marshtomp? (whatever the third form is) for his duel types..but all in all the only starter I really felt some kindship too was Treeko..and his evolulutions dropped the ball...There is no "time flow (or at least as far as day/night goes) so the game seems to stand still in time..and I hate that so much..it's forgivable in the orignals..because they didn't have it..but for Hoenn not to just...it was just very wrong to me...I'll admit that some of the Legendaries are very..very...cool, but still don't come close to beating the classics such as Mew, Mewtwo, the dogs, the birds, and Celibi. oh...and don't get me started with Birch and the Bill replacement......:(
    In respects howevever..the duel rival system was interesting..I like having the friendly competition of the female rival, and also having a heavy rivarly with the other kid. but all in all..Hoenn died to me

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    Like most, im starting from best to worst

1) Johto
    Not the Gen II incarnation, which was dull and lame by todays standards (but for its time, it was absurdly awesome). It has incredibly interesting locations which are beautiful to look at, its maps are creative and stunning, its legendaries were few, but all of them were individual *cough*lake trio*cough*. The characters are somewhat realistic and not overly cartoon-ish, the rival is a total badass and jerk, LOVING IT! Its towns and gyms are memorable to say the least, and the gym leaders were good fun.

2)Sinnoh
    Mostly for the same reasons as Johto, it has a really interesting and diverse landscape, generally memorable Gyms and Leaders, but a few towns are really forgettable, notably Celestic, Floaroma and Oreburgh. It loses out due to its annoying characters, the rival is insanely annoying, so much i printed a picture of him purely to burn it. It also has FAR too many Legendaries who are really bland and seem like filler than anything else, the lake trio are all the same, i have trouble recalling their names. Regigigas, YAWN. Heatran, i like him actually. and the dreadful Shaymin. Despite the wide variety of locations, not much is made out of them, they are really quite forgettable really.

3) Hoenn
    I liked hoenn, it had a few nice locations, but because of their lack of real difference to everywhere else, they arent particularly memorable. There are a few notable gyms, locations and towns that are quite nice, but in general the region is really empty. Look at mauville city as the best example, its made out as rather high-tech and bustling, it's tiny and is about as bustling as a party hosted by me (I'm rather unpopular). It's a nice region, its just really boring at times, and lets not forget the half region of water!

4) Kanto
    Bland. The routes are small pathways with little originality and seem to only exist as a small obstacle between even more boring cities. The only place thats even remotely interesting is Celadon, Saffron fails because of its blockiness. In Gen 1, where it was the begining, this wasn't too much of a problem, but Gen 3 and 4 remakes still fail to put some interesting quirks to this hellhole, although Gen 4 made a very good, honest attempt. The gyms were boring and even in the quirky puzzles of Gen 4, still has little challenge. Boring.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    Second Gen. I love all the pokemon that came out in Second Gen. I like the gym leaders. I like the layout of the land.

I just like everything about Johto. Sinnoh however... :/

Back