• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What genres of music do you listen to?

Years
    I listen to:

Heavy Metal
    Symphonic Metal
    Opratic Metal
    Rock
    Classical
    Musicals

I do listen to a large amount of different types of metal, but the above are my most loved XP

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My tastes in music have differed over the years, but now I'm really into:
    • Alternative Rock
    • Post-Grunge
    • Pop Punk
    • Pop/Rock
    • Techno
    • Electronica
    Stuff like that. XD;

Last edited:

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Country, Rock, some Punk, Metal, Classical, Jazz. NO HIP HOP/RAP whatever you call it. It sounds like random sounds. But to each's own.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    I hate just about every form of mainstream music in existence to date; but on the note of genres, I enjoy metal (favorite being death metal) and progressive. I used to be in a techno phase, but that simmered out quick. I fell prey to the "gays listen to techno" stereotype for that. While I do not like country and I don't find it at all "pleasant", I do have a little respect for the guitarists. Rap and hip hop or whatever the flippin' hell you want to call it can fester in a cesspool of dog waste until the end of time before I'll consider it.

Years
    I hate just about every form of mainstream music in existence to date; but on the note of genres, I enjoy metal (favorite being death metal) and progressive. I used to be in a techno phase, but that simmered out quick. I fell prey to the "gays listen to techno" stereotype for that. While I do not like country and I don't find it at all "pleasant", I do have a little respect for the guitarists. Rap and hip hop or whatever the flippin' hell you want to call it can fester in a cesspool of dog waste until the end of time before I'll consider it.

Amen to that. -O-

Rap and Hip hop and all that stuff just sounds all the same to me, it has no rythm, no sort of meaning and they'll use anything that rhymes XP Each to they're own, but I would prefere not to XP

I also like Jazz and some J-pop/rock (SOME).

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Music is amazing. I listen to everything, but I gravitate to five or so genres. I'm a Ska, rock, alternative, punk, and emo genre lover. The five are awesome. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Alphabetically, not favouritively (lolthat'snotarealword) ordered.

Alternative rock
    Certain game and anime soundtracks
    (Hardcore) punk rock
    Industrial metal
    Pagan metal
    Symphonic metal
    Thrash metal

The best (and unfortunately rarest) sound in my opinion is a violin and guitar together, both electric. Find "Last of the Wilds" by Nightwish on YouTube if you want to know how that sounds.

Last edited:

TheFire's[Inside]

Too. Damn. Smexy.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2012
    Post-grunge, a little grunge, a little punk, some modern rock.
    Some emo, some goth.

But I lean towards post-grunge the most.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    -Noise
    -Power Noise

I have always wanted to know what the you can get out of listening to absolutely random noises that come from sources that would make normal people cringe at the thought of the screech it makes. It takes absolutely no musical skill to create Noise; what satisfaction do you gain?

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I'm quite fond of the following genres (note: I do tend to generalise):
    Heavy Metal - Somewhere along the lines of Nightwish or Iron Maiden
    Rock - Nothing too slow. Queen is a particular favourite.
    Classical - Either Elgar, Mozart, Beethoven or Bach.
    Pop - Basically stuff from the 80s or 90s. None of that rubbish you get now.

Let me say this right now: I absolutely hate Ballads! Including boy band ballads like Westlife and especially if my dad plays them in the car over and over again in a long trip.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I have always wanted to know what the you can get out of listening to absolutely random noises that come from sources that would make normal people cringe at the thought of the screech it makes. It takes absolutely no musical skill to create Noise; what satisfaction do you gain?

It's something that takes a special kind of person to like and comprehend. I personally am a great fan of noise myself, and I enjoy noisier punk music as well such as Scratch Acid and Guitar Wolf.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years

The great satisfaction of relaxation.
    No one else may understand this but it tends to relax me. All the genres I listed contribute to my moods. Some for when angry, sad, mellowed out and so forth. Mostly I use Noise and Power Noise to help relax me when otherwise enraged. Sure it takes no real talent for making said music and it may seem like just nonsense to anyone who isn't a fan. Don't expect anyone else to understand but there you have it.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I'll listen to almost any genre - including R&B, hip-hop and rap. It's highly artist-dependant for me.

But generally speaking, I like a lot of progressive/psychedelic rock bands.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    There's more skilled ways to produce noise.

I say that not as an insult to the noise genre or to anyone personally, but, really.

Wow, Doom, it's been a while.
    All the while what you said is true, Noise to me is pleasant but not the greatest genre in the world. It's just like I said before pleasant for my ears. To each his own, right? Just like I really do not understand how people can listen to 50 Cent or Tupac since they always talk about the same damn things: drugs, money, gangs and so forth. I don't get it and sincerely I don't want to. Just like you don't like the Noise genre. Again, to each his own.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
    Years
    Dislike is a little strong. I never said I didn't like Noise in some form or another; as a matter of fact, that page I linked to contains mostly "Noise" (though I suppose there's a slightly more fitting term somewhere) that I listen to on occasion. Again, as I said, I hate Noise that's abrasive. It takes some damn skill to go about generally the same process as creating Noise music, but actually forming a track out of it that doesn't hurt your ears. You can really be creative with just one or two samples with this kind of "Noise" if you know what you're doing, which this guy clearly did. It's... Spooky, to say the least, and it's fun trying to create atmosphere the way these tracks do.

tldr; I like Noise that's not scratchy, high-pitched and full of screeches, and I have been known to produce a few Noise tracks myself in the same vain as the Playstation and N64 Doom games.

MetalMEB

O_______O
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 18, 2012
    I listen to metal, mostly. Lots of different kinds...

My list:

Slayer; 80s Metallica; Megadeth; Black Sabbath(Ozzy); Type O Negative; Prong; Judas Priest; Danzig; Mastodon; Venom; Kyuss; Iced Earth; Exodus; God Dethroned; Corrosion of Conformity; Behemoth; Biohazard; Anthrax; Iron Maiden; Sepultura; Motorhead; Pantera; SuperJoint Ritual; Opeth; Ozzy Osbourne; Cannibal Corpse; Obituary; Crowbar; Devin Townsend Band; Bolt Thrower; Suicidal Tendencies; Enslaved; Suffocation; Kataklysm; Overkill; Meshuggah; Kreator; Down; Napalm Death; Lamb of God; Black Label Society; Amon Amarth; Arch Enemy; Strapping Yound Lad; Tool; Alice in Chains; Monster Magnet; Nile; GWAR; High on Fire; Celtic Frost; and many more.

This is my list from my Myspace... Yes, I admit, I have one. I have my own reasons for owning a Myspace. And that is... I have unmetal friends. -_-

Back