• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Got You Into Pokemon?

Which of these led you to liking Pokemon?

• Other Games. Like Pokemon Puzzle League. Or perhaps something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never liked it. I just come to this site for... uh... why am I here? o.o

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    it was when my cousin brought over his pokemon red from the us... at the time pokemon didnt show on terrestrail tv.....

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    What got me in to pokemon was the old read/blue games as people at my school got them, and i think "father christmas" bought me red and i carried on liking it sice then....

-Matt

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    Well for me it was both the anime and the cards, but the cards came fast. 6 years ago when i was in yr6 of primary school (dang those were the days) they had just come out, and EVERYONE had em, and i mean everyone, these were the days where the most popular kid in schl would be the guy with charizard, and then the guy with venusaur or blastoise lol.
    anyway i watched the anime straight after and was hooked, and then got both games for my birthday, and it went on from there really. although i did go off it for a long time, all my mates did and so did everyone else, and i just was driven away frm it by other things, but about a yr ago i watched the anime just to see how it had changed, and i was shocked. anyway one thing led to another, i got the newest game, continued watching the anime, and here i was hooked again lol. and then about 6 months ago i had to take a lot of time off it due to personal stuff, issues, career school, various things, but now about a month ago i started up again. so yep it's been an up and down hill thing for me, but its always remained special to me.

Years
    Well, what got me into Pok?mon was...my little sister's friends. O.o;

I was in 2nd grade and she was in Kindgergarden. One day, two of her friends came over. (Well actually, it was her friend and her friend's little brother. XD; ) Before then, my little sister and I hates Pok?mon and thought it was "only for boys."
    They said "Pok?mon's on!" so my mom turned it to the station that played it. It was near the end of the episode "Lights, Camera, Quake-tion!" I don't get why I still remember that... .-.; I watched it and fell in love with it~ Then just two years ago (at least, I think. .-. But that's going by school year...), the magical internet introduced me to the Japanese version. XD; Anyway, so basically the anime got me into it. XD; Then I started to play the games and collect the trading cards...*sigh* I never got to bring in the trading cards though, since they banned them from school. .-. They also banned all other trading cards...I actually got into Pok?mon near the end of it's popularity in my area (please note I said my area. .-.; ). ^^; And I'll shut up now...

Years
    The first time I remember hearing about Pokemon was in an issue of Nintendo Power. They were doing all these promotions about the games and the anime series, so one day, I just turned on the channel that NP said carried the show in my area to see what the big deal was. I'm pretty sure my first episode was the S.S Anne episode, and from there on, I watched it each day. I honestly can't remember what about the show appealed to me, but maybe it had something to do with the fact that my friends at school were fans of it and I didn't want to be left out.

Shortly after, I bought Pokemon Blue, and that's when I really got into it! For a long while, that was like the only video game I played. :laugh: And I was real good at it, too!

Good times, good times...

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    When I saw this pic in the Adventurers magizine. It had Snorlax, Geodude, Flareon, Eevee, and others. It showed a big net about to snatch them up. I was like "I must catch them all" o.O.

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    When i got Pokemon red,blue and yellow with my game boy color which i bought of someone about 5 years ago and ever since then i have never stopped liking Pokemon especially the games.

Years
    I think the games got me really watching the show. I stopped watching the show later on but I still play the games sometimes.

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Anime/Movies! No i dont have a favourite character!

I bought a N64+Pokemon Stadium and got a free video of the first 2 episodes of Pokemon!

And then I started to get interested!

Hamstar

HALLO.
    Years
    What got ME into pok?mon?...........Nothing.....I did it myself o.o....One day I decided to wake up early for some reason and the first episode of Pok?mon was on...so I watched it and automatically fell in love with it! ^^

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
    Years
    When I woz about seven I used 2 hate Pokemon, bcoz it kicked some of my fav shows off the tv at that time. One day when I flicked the tv on 2 watch somethin else, guess wot woz on? Pokemon. But at the same time I woz interested in dragons and when I saw Ash getting singed by a big orange dragon (Charizard) I just instantly fell in luv with the show. I had 2 c that big orange dragon again! A little while later I got Blue on gameboy and b4 I nu it I woz hooked 4 life.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Aw man, how DID I get into Pokemon? Let me think...

The first time I ever remember being involved with anything pokemon was when I was around six or seven. I got a little Ivysaur squirt toy thing at KFC. Ivysaur was actually the first pokemon I ever knew about, which is weird because for 99.9% of people it was Pikachu. Pikachu was actually my second, and I remember that I learned about him by reading the back of a lunchable box. He became my favorite for a while.

I remember being at my cousin's house on her birthday. This was back when the only games out were red and blue. My cousin got Red version for her birthday, and she spent the rest of the evening glued to her game boy. This made me wonder what exactly the game was about, and if it was really as good as everyone said it was. About a month later, I found out. We were getting ready to go on a 13-hour drive to Boston for my Cousin's wedding. My parents said I could get one game to keep me occupied on the trip. I think it's pretty obvious what the first game I looked at was (lol). I decided to get Pokemon Red, simply because it had Pikachu on the back of the box. Because of that, I had assumed that Red had Pikachu in it and Blue didn't. The first day I got it, I played it on the game boy with my AC adapter so much that the batteries got too hot and my gameboy didn't work for a while. I was instantly hooked.

Ah... thinking back on this has reminded me of what a n00b I was at first XD. I remember that, for some reason, I thought Onix could fly and Ivysaur could shoot fireballs. I also remember giving my pokemon ridiculous nicknames such as "powerbug" for weedle and "birdmaster" for pidgey. I was so weird back then o_O.

Last edited:

BROOKE_&_LUGIA

Certified Pinkaholic
    Years
    I first learned about Pokemon when I saw a tv commercial about it when I was five years old (i think it was about the anime, i'm not sure though [can't remember]). When I got a GB Color (it was teal), I got pokemon yellow to go with it, and I just fell in love with it. I've been a pokemon fan for 8 long years now!!!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    When we moved back in 1999 I was really nervous with all the changes so I would always do what the crowd was doing (but I learned better the next time we moved) and that got me into it, eeven after it died and all the shallow fans abandone it it sorted them out from the REAL ones ^_^

Back