• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happened to Serebii.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    This belongs?well I?m not sure. It?s not our site, so not in Q&F. Not your site, so maybe not Webmasters? I?ll toss it there for now though. Doesn?t seem to work for me either.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Heres the thing

Over 1,000 people were unable to view the site on the new server

So the server admins have fixed the error but we have to change the IP and nameservers. It should be back in a few days

Until then you can view it at

https://65.75.132.183

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • These aren't the serebii support forums. This doesn't fit here. In the future, ask on Joe's forums.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Alakazam said:
    How can you when they don't work?
    I was pointing out that he shouldn't ask when vBulletin downloads will be avaliable again on the invision support forums (comparison), if they aren't up that is not my problem.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    SA...stop being so picky

This is a webmaster forum where people are allowed to ask Webmasters questions about their sites...which is what was done here

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Actually it was in Pok?mon General, but it seems most people associate Serebii.net with Pok?mon more than most sites. =\ While his site isn?t ours, the Webmaster?s forum is for talking about websites, even if Serebii didn?t make the thread himself. Certainly we can?t provide official answers about the sites or be expected to, but their webmasters can drop by to give a report. It would be a problem if people make a thread a week about him, but one doesn?t hurt. SA, yeah we don?t officially provide support for him, however would you say the same if someone made a thread about PFU?s downtime in Webmasters? What about its Pok?dex? Sure, they could ask on your forums and probably would get a faster answer, but I guess it's hard to define the extent the Webmasters' forum is to be used. It isn?t an official site either. Sorry if any of that was redundant. =\

Tweak

i think PC forums are more lenient on this subject ^_^;; if anyone did that at serebii's forums it'll be "rule breakers are giving us a headache" sorta thing? but i don't think webmasters would know if serebii's webpage is up or down, i think the best way to handle this is to e-mail the webmaster of the site that doesn't work. (sorta like a Private Message on forums)

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Bad thing is, when the site goes down...so does my e-mail :p

Alakazam

Banned
    Years
  • But what if their email address is on the server too and when the server goes down, all the email bounces? Then what!? I guess the lesson is to always have a backup email address.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Serebii.net..... hmmm.

It looks something like P.C. only with a different background.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Actually it was in Pok?mon General, but it seems most people associate Serebii.net with Pok?mon more than most sites. =\ While his site isn?t ours, the Webmaster?s forum is for talking about websites, even if Serebii didn?t make the thread himself. Certainly we can?t provide official answers about the sites or be expected to, but their webmasters can drop by to give a report. It would be a problem if people make a thread a week about him, but one doesn?t hurt. SA, yeah we don?t officially provide support for him, however would you say the same if someone made a thread about PFU?s downtime in Webmasters? What about its Pok?dex? Sure, they could ask on your forums and probably would get a faster answer, but I guess it's hard to define the extent the Webmasters' forum is to be used. It isn?t an official site either. Sorry if any of that was redundant. =\

Actually, I would have say that PC are not PFU's private why can't I access the site support forum. Also from what I understand another email joe has is public knowledge as it is on the WHOIS results for serebii.net. There is also AIM.

By the way, I admit, I was wrong to open my mouth on an opinion. This thread has served its purpose, anyone who reads it will know why Joe's site is down. *Closed*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back