• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what happens when...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    a bad egg hatches?

cause it said i got it from the mystery zone.
    it hold a item called blackglasses.
    and when i look at the summary page it has a red smile face by where it says "the egg watch"
    i have been walking around with it and the egg watch says it looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Bad eggs dont hatch, at least they shouldnt.

Could you fill us in on what you did to get the BAd Egg(PBR, Hacked AR pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    i used the action replay and used the walk through anything cheat. but i got the egg on july 11 2007
    and i got the action replay on x-mas of '07.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    so you had the egg before you got the AR or its profile says you got the egg on July of 07

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Bad eggs have the added benefit of being extremely glitchy. I'd say it doesn't matter when it says you got it, only that you hide it in your box and never let it hatch.
    But you probably got it when using a bad code.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Bad eggs theoretially never hatch, if you're using an AR you're seriously jepordising your game by trying to make it hatch. Just get rid of it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2008
    huh huh you guys are smart the red "smiley face" means it is cured of pokerus me eggs can get it im sitting here right now with one and there is no such thing as a bad egg... idiots

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    huh huh you guys are smart the red "smiley face" means it is cured of pokerus me eggs can get it im sitting here right now with one and there is no such thing as a bad egg... idiots

A) No need to be rude
    B) You are wrong. There is such a thing as a bad egg (Et voila). They are usually obtained from poorly hacking or a game being plain glitchy, but they do exist.
    C) How can an egg be cured of pokerus? Only pokemon can catch it and an egg is not yet a pokemon.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • A) No need to be rude
    B) You are wrong. There is such a thing as a bad egg (Et voila). They are usually obtained from poorly hacking or a game being plain glitchy, but they do exist.
    C) How can an egg be cured of pokerus? Only pokemon can catch it and an egg is not yet a pokemon.

Excuse me, YOU ARE WRONG. EGG can catch Pokerus. Why don't you try it? I tried in my Emerald and an egg had pokerus, also in my Diamond. ANY KIND OF EGG can catch Pokerus. If it is in your party and you battle .....it will catch Pokerus like any other pokemon. =/

:16:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Meh, fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Points A and B still stand.

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
    Years
  • I Honestly never have had a bad egg, 'cause i dont use an AR or PokeSav.
    My Honest Opinion, Restart your game, and get rid of the AR.
    It just bugs me when people go out and buy an AR and then simple as 123 you can get a Darkrai or an Arceus (Which isnt avalible yet I dont beleive)...

But as for the Bad Egg, Put it in your Box and it will be fine. In Party it will cause Glitches and other bad things.

KhaosKnight

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    why do you guys treat the Action Replay, and using an Action Replay like a deadly sin.

Its just hacking people, there is nothing wrong with hacking, the only time it is wrong to use hacked pokes is in a Wi-Fi battle(that which i dont approve of) but hacking it self is not that bad. So what if we can get an Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin before some nintendo event.

Listen dude keep your action replay, dont restart your game(unless you want to), the egg cant do any harm unless you try to mess with it. Just continue playing your game, nothing will happen. Just be carefull when using the AR in the future.

I Honestly never have had a bad egg, 'cause i dont use an AR or PokeSav.
    My Honest Opinion, Restart your game, and get rid of the AR.
    It just bugs me when people go out and buy an AR and then simple as 123 you can get a Darkrai or an Arceus (Which isnt avalible yet I dont beleive)...

But as for the Bad Egg, Put it in your Box and it will be fine. In Party it will cause Glitches and other bad things.

You just contradicted yourself, first you say restart your game then get rid of the AR, then you say, just put the Egg in your box and it will be fine. Are you trying to confuse the kid?

how can you pokesav a pokemon over it?

google it, there are many translations of it, so you need to find the English version. When you download it and the file has a manaphy icon you got the perfect one;)

They don't hatch and if it did I wouldn't be surprised if your mashed itself into a jumble codes and corrupt files,.

The bad egg will not do anything, its just an unusable egg, if you enter a hacked poke in PBR they turn into bad eggs. So nothing can come of a Bad Egg in your box, your party or where every you put it. The Bad Egg is just an Unhatchable Egg.

Yes, I agree of those as well. OFCOURSE there is BAD EGGS. Afterall thats what hackers and cheaters should get. >______<;

:16:

And if you are a skilled enough hacker you can get rid of a bad egg, or you just arent stupid enough to save your game when you have a bad egg. Nothing bad can come of a bad egg if you just leave it alone, or get rid of it

Last edited:

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
    Years
  • You just contradicted yourself, first you say restart your game then get rid of the AR, then you say, just put the Egg in your box and it will be fine. Are you trying to confuse the kid?

Actually No.
    I was thinking he probably wouldn't reset his game so i gave him the next best thing.

And I am sorry if I sounded mean before. I just get irratated, because there are people who go to events to get the rare pokemon, and there are people who just use there AR to get 4 or 5 of em. (And some AR Users do not and I do not mind them people.)

Back