• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What have Pokemon done for you?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'd probably have become socially outgoing, or at least less socially reclusive. XD

I'd also not be into videogames, anime, or manga as much as I am today. Even though the Pokemon games and anime are far from my favorites anymore. XD

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I'd probably have become socially outgoing, or at least less socially reclusive. XD

That's how it worked out with me. I'm not all super social just because I play Pokemon, but I'd like to think I'm a bit more social then I would have been. I'm willing to put myself out there instead of shutting myself away from people. Pokemon is a great way to meet people, lol. Whether it be someone from another country over a WIFI Battle, an actual person at a tournament, or even just a cool kid down the street who also loves the amazing little mutants too. Haha.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Sometimes I think that too, then I think "hang on a minute, actually, if people weren't so cruel, then I wouldn't have been so bored that I started watching/playing pokémon" xD

I'm not reclusive, just rejected though...

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    It's something you never grow out of as much as you think you want to forget it.

double post sorry edit:: lol

Last edited:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    originally posted by avolonsaber. I've traveled all around the Pokemon World and there's a reason for it other then the fact that its just fun. I've had a less then great life. While its true I'm not and have never been dirt-poor, homeless, etc. I've had a pretty harsh life, and as weird as it may sound, Pokemon helped me through it all. Whenever stuff would get bad when I was little, whenever it gets bad even today, I can forget some of my troubles by traversing the Pokemon World. I remember when Red Version came out and I bought it. When stuff got rough in the household, or just rough in general I could and would sit for hours walking the Routes and battling Trainers. By the time I got to Vermillion CIty I had a Charizard, and no matter what game, having my starter on it last evolutionary form before beating the third Gym Leader has become the norm. When I picked up that Gameboy Pocket/Color and put the Pokemon game in the slot and turned it on, my adventure was beginning, not the Player's. I was Red, or at least I'd imagine myself as him. I trained the Pokemon, beat the Trainers & the Leaders. No matter what crap was going on in my life, then or now, it all seemed to get a little better when I turn on the system. Being able to forget about some of the crappieness going on in my life by pretending the guy being controlled by the D-pad was me was grand, it still is. Pokemon helped me cope with lots of crap. Maybe this sounds unhealthy to some, maybe I just sound nuts, but I don't think so. I'll forever love the Pokemon games for the sense of adventure and challenges they gave me, and more importantly, for helping me "escape" the crap-storms of my childhood. They aren't just games to me, so whether there's 600-something Pokemon like now, or 6,000-something, I'll still play the games, and still(try)to catch 'em al
    Spoiler:

Years
    Pokemon ruined my life. If it wasn't for Pokemon, I'd be much less of a nerd, and not be able to count my irl friends with my fingers.
    Then again, I also might be just as socially awkward, but more frequently bored.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Pokemon ruined my life. If it wasn't for Pokemon, I'd be much less of a nerd, and not be able to count my irl friends with my fingers.
    Then again, I also might be just as socially awkward, but more frequently bored.

I don't think its Pokemons fault that you're a nerd? Lol. I play the Pokemon games, I collect/trade/duel with Yugioh cards, Dragon Ball Z is still the coolest thing ever to me, and next to my girlfriend I think Sonic The Hedgehog is the greatest thing to ever exist. Got a little off topic, lol. The Point is that you can see I'm a big nerd. I have plenty of friends though, some with similar interests, and some who think Pokemon is the gayest thing ever. Don't blame the 'mon. Haha.

It's something you never grow out of as much as you think you want to forget it.

That is so very true. You just can't get out of the habit. I mean, I've tried to stop playing Pokemon because people say its "nerdy" or I just got bored of it, but I can't.

Last edited:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    OK, so fir my B-Day, my grandma gave me a GBA. That was in 2005. So I also got Herby Fully Loaded but it sucked, managed to beat the whole game. Then, I got Firered. Let me tell you, I was born in '99 and my bro '95. We never heard of it Pokemon until Firered came out. We were immature back then, naming our rival Butt, and pestering his friend to trade all the Kanto starters. We put in over 100 hrs of gameplay and still have it. The save battery is fully functional, never changed it. So I started collecting the games. Everybody at my school calls me a PokeNerd but I'm fine w/ that. I'm playing Yellow as I type this :]

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Everybody at my school calls me a PokeNerd but I'm fine w/ that. I'm playing Yellow as I type this :]

And because of those two reasons, you sir or madam, are indeed a winner. Lol. You really never heard of Pokemon until Fire Red came out!? O:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    You really never heard of Pokemon until Fire Red came out!? O:

Yeah I know, I was late. I love my mom! :)
    Oh and you know what? The most recent GameInformer dissed PKMN saying "You battle mutant stuffed animals" and "It's going downhill"
    . I'm pretty pissed. 1 guy at my school laughed at that and I punched him in the face.

Years
    Pokemon... Pokemon has opened my eyes to a completely new, fresh world. Where there are no limitations to how far imagination can go. Where you're free to explore life with little fire breathing animals, and rats that shoot electricity out of their cheeks. It's been such an amazing experience that no other gaming series can imitate...

Lmao, in all honesty, Pokemon hasn't done much for me. xD

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    1 guy at my school laughed at that and I punched him in the face.

I heard about Pokemon getting dissed. Well, I read about it on some other forum here. You really punched the guy in the face? Lol. That must have shocked him. What did he do? Anyone who disses the 'mon deserves a punch, in my opinion anyway. Haha.

Pokemon... Pokemon has opened my eyes to a completely new, fresh world. Where there are no limitations to how far imagination can go. Where you're free to explore life with little fire breathing animals, and rats that shoot electricity out of their cheeks. It's been such an amazing experience that no other gaming series can imitate...

Lol. I read that and was like "wow, that's really great". Then I read what you said after, haha. Well, at least you can make it seem as though its helped you a lot?

wouldn't have a nintendo DS and High school won't be fun

I agree. I wouldn't have a Dsi if it wasn't for Pokemon. I originally bought a Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond. I liked the system and the features, so when the Dsi came out, I upgraded. Lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    My first game was red, which I bought since all my cousins were playing it. Since I was just a little kid, I didn't know how to get "updated" on pokemon, so I didn't know when GSC came out which meant that I stopped playing pokemon. I guess I slowly became one of those people who thought pokemon was childish =P
    then in 10th grade I saw someone playing emerald and my pokemon craze started from there. Now, it's been 2 years and I've played every single pokemon game, watched every episode of the anime, and read the pokespe manga. I even wrote a fanfic for my OC. In a way, pokemon has become my "alternate life". The characters and pokemon aren't just pixels on a screen, they are alive and living in my mind/imagination. (for some reason that last sentence sounded a bit cheesy xD)

Anyway, I don't know exactly how to describe or explain it, but I can definitely say that without pokemon I would be having a very different (and much more stressful) life :)
    I know I will never grow out of pokemon. It just makes me sad that except on this forum I can't seem to find anyone else who likes pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    My first game was red, which I bought since all my cousins were playing it. Since I was just a little kid, I didn't know how to get "updated" on pokemon, so I didn't know when GSC came out which meant that I stopped playing pokemon. I guess I slowly became one of those people who thought pokemon was childish =P
    then in 10th grade I saw someone playing emerald and my pokemon craze started from there. Now, it's been 2 years and I've played every single pokemon game, watched every episode of the anime, and read the pokespe manga. I even wrote a fanfic for my OC. In a way, pokemon has become my "alternate life". The characters and pokemon aren't just pixels on a screen, they are alive and living in my mind/imagination. (for some reason that last sentence sounded a bit cheesy xD)

Anyway, I don't know exactly how to describe or explain it, but I can definitely say that without pokemon I would be having a very different (and much more stressful) life :)
    I know I will never grow out of pokemon. It just makes me sad that except on this forum I can't seem to find anyone else who likes pokemon.

Red was my first game too! Lol. I loved it, and still do. I've written a few fanfics myself, they've never seen the white space of anything but MS Word though. Haha. I know what you mean about the Pokemon lovers only seeming to be on this forum, sad stuff really.

Years
    Red was my first game too! Lol. I loved it, and still do. I've written a few fanfics myself, they've never seen the white space of anything but MS Word though. Haha. I know what you mean about the Pokemon lovers only seeming to be on this forum, sad stuff really.

haha yeah, I just write fanfics for fun, I don't upload them to a site like some other people do. Sometimes I get paranoid that I'm going to be the only pokemon fan or something because I hardly know anyone in real life who plays and more and more people (including on forums) seem to be leaving the fandom xD

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    Pokemon for me has help me connect with some of my best friends now. It also solves any of boredom in classes because I always can think of new sets that would work for Competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Sometimes I get paranoid that I'm going to be the only pokemon fan or something because I hardly know anyone in real life who plays and more and more people (including on forums) seem to be leaving the fandom xD

I don't know to many people who really play anymore either. I know of a few friends, but that's about it. I mean there's all the people on this site, but I know most of them are here for reasons other then loving to play the games. I myself originally signed up because I'm a hacker and working a FireRed hack. Yeah though, I don't see as much fan-fiction online anymore. Its a shame, some of the stuff I've read is really creative. The few people I do know who write/wrote fan-fiction told me that expanding/changing the Pokemon World has made them more creative, I hope that doesn't stop.

Pokemon for me has help me connect with some of my best friends now. It also solves any of boredom in classes because I always can think of new sets that would work for Competitive battling.

One of my best friends is also a big time Pokemon fan. Its helps with my boredom problems too, lol. Sometimes instead of taking notes I'll write down what attacks would effect certain types really good or what types match up okay with other types. Haha. It takes a little bit of the stress out of class, yet another plus.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Nov 28, 2016
    The one main thing pokemon has done for me is make me a GIANT closet nerd. Oh and it's also took may hours off my life :D
    Go Pokemon!

Back