• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Whitney... just because if you dont have a fightning or rock type or if u don't grind a good amount she powns cyndaquil and really anyone else if rollout gets to the third or fourth hit in a row.

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    lol im glad i got a mew from the wifi event.. helped on defeating whitney

i hate clair, her pokemon, and her attitude... doesnt she remind you guys of a beeo*ch? (lolsorry)
    shes so stubborn :<

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    The Dragon-type one. She thinks she is so special with her underleveled Dragon types. It pisses me off. And then BAM! I beat her in 5 seconds with my level 86 shiny Dragonite but then she is all NOO YOU DON'T GET THE BADGE UNTIL YOU GO THROUGH SOME STUPID CAVE!!!! Sheesh....

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Even after all my years of experience, Whitney still gives me trouble.

I have always hated her.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • I always had trouble with Whitney when I played the GBC Gold & Silver, but between my Magmar and my Gastly, I was able to beat her fairly easily on SoulSilver.

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
  • Well I don't really hate any other them really but if I hate to choose one to hate it would be whitney since I had a right game trying to beat her miltank :@

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Whitney. Whitney. Just ... Whitney. I've dubbed her Milktank the demon cow.

I swear the game was cheaaaaating. Every time I was just about to KO the Milktank, she used stomp on me, then my Pokemon flinched, and next turn she'd use Milk Drink so I'd have to chip away at her health again. ;n;

Years
  • Whitney is a 50/50 chance with me, it all really depends on my Pokemon.

I really don't like Morty lol. I usually don't have a dark type to help me out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's see... I'm not really sure, I actually like all of the gym leaders, but their puzzles were the hardest thing in the game. If I had to pick a least favourite, uh, Pryce I guess? :(

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
  • I hate Whitney, mainly just because of her annoying personality. xD
    I never really had problems with her...
    I suppose that may be because back in the day when I played on Crystal, my brother gave me a Hitmontop before I went to challenge her. ^_^;
    And well...For H/G I transered some of my Pokemon from Diamond! :,D...So that made it a lot easier.

But who I really hate is Blaine! >:o
    Not because he's hard to beat, (Though that Over Heat can be a pain in the donkey bum...) but because all he does is whine and complain about his gym being in a cave. I DON'T CARE! D:<

DOOD You gym is in a cave! How badass is that! >: o
    Not to mention he looks like Eggman, what more could he want! Dx

AuraPaladin

CRUISE CONTROL
    Years
  • Clair is worse than Whitney imo. Whitney can be easily beaten with prior training (Anything Female and resistant to rock pretty much shuts her down.) Clair almost guarantees grinding at some point, as the only things that are super effective are at least 15 levels lower than her pokes, even though she's not one to try and get super effective attacks on.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Hate is too strong a word :P
    I never hated any Gym leaders; Challenging gyms are good, it just mean they're so much of an edge over other trainers no?
    &. I breeze'd through all the 16s in HGSS so yeah, all the more I can't /hate/ them!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Bugsy simply because it was years before realising he was a guy! His Pokemon are even female in HGSS! Why??? Every other gym leader has pokemon of the same gender, so that only added to the confusion :P

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    On Gold and Silver it was always Whitney and Miltank, but nowadays - maybe because I'm more experienced, maybe because she's actually easier now - I don't struggle so much against her on HG and SS.

No, nowadays I hate Morty and his DAMN GENGAR...! Shadow Ball, with STAB and Gengar's massive Sp. Atk is ludicrously overpowered considering your team when you face Morty will only be about Lv.25ish...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • I don't hate anyone at all. (But I DID hate Whitney for her Miltank.)
    I just found my way around everyone. Trained Poke's if my starter, Totodile cannot learn any move that can whoop them up.

Back