• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

electrifuzz

Whitney was surprisingly easy for me this time around, it was Clair that drove me crazy. My Feraligatr leveled up at least 3 times from defeating her previous pokemon before Kingdra wiped them out. I got lucky with a critical hit from Ampharos after maybe the 10th try, and the rest is history!

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    I hate a few of them. Whitney was too easy for me, I creamed her face every time with a Croconaw.

Chuck, because of that stupid Poliwrath. It took me 4 tries to beat him. Claire, because I would be thiiiiiis close to killing her, then she would go killer kingdra. :(. Pryce was annoying too.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Miltank and her damn Miltank... wait
    Whitney and her damn Miltank... Thats right
    Milk Drink sucks (unless you have it)

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I can't remember if it was Gen 2. or 4, but Clair's Thunder Waving Dragonairs always made me angry. D=

But yeah I agree with the people who say Whitney. Her pokemon weren't strong per se, but my Crocnaw couldn't launch enough attacks before Miltank drank more milk. xD

Years
    I haven't looked at this thread for over a month I think. It's amusing to see all the Whitney haters :P
    Whitney is easy, get yourself a Machop, or better yet a Heracross.
    Heracross + Brick Break (lv19) = dead Miltank :D

Once I got to Kanto, I found Erika to be the hardest of the gym leaders.
    I think it might have been due to a lack of fire power that I had on my team at the time.
    Even flying/ice attacks didnt really get the job done easily for me.

Years
    I haven't looked at this thread for over a month I think. It's amusing to see all the Whitney haters :P
    Whitney is easy, get yourself a Machop, or better yet a Heracross.
    Heracross + Brick Break (lv19) = dead Miltank :D

Once I got to Kanto, I found Erika to be the hardest of the gym leaders.
    I think it might have been due to a lack of fire power that I had on my team at the time.
    Even flying/ice attacks didnt really get the job done easily for me.

yeah..agree with u...that miltank attack is damn pain..im using chindaquil lvl 26...just single attack make my hp dying..:(

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Whitney for sure. That dang Miltank with her milkdrank and her attract. I was lucky to beat her when I did. It took me 3 tries and some how she didnt use Milkdrank in for the last few moves and I was able to finish her with some fire attacks. I def think shes harder than any other trainer in the game including the elite 4. Then after you win she refuses to give you a badge!

Same with the dragon trainer whos shocked that you wipe the floor with her. Who doesnt believe your good enough for the elite 4... gosh I hated her.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Clair always gives me the most trouble (As she should) I'm always way underleveled when I get to Blackthorn City. Plus, since I always seem to be lacking in Electric types, her Gyarados always makes quick work of my team.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I don't hate them but the hardest gym for me is Clair's because i don't like to grind my pokes so i arrive always under is pokemon's levels.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    None of them, honestly. My pokemon are balanced enough so that none of them give me much trouble. 8D

QuilavaPlume

Quilava~Plume
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    OMG I HATE Whitney! Her Miltank gives me nightmares. xD Milk Drink = MOST ANNOYING MOVE EVER.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Whitney and her Miltank? Well, it made my team cry. In HGSS. That's why I don't like her.

And she's still tough in the rematches!

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Whitney really likes to grind everyone's gears with her damn Miltank! Haha...all of you are not alone though...
    Also like to give special mention to HGSS Clair and that damn Kingdra...nearly wiped out my entire team the initial battle with her! Thank goodness for Ampharos's Static, Light Screen, and Thunderbolt...

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
    Clair, Whitney, and Morty; Clair and Whitney moreso than Morty.

Whitney's Miltank gave me nightmares. Luckily I had Rocky and spammed Screech every turn.. :D

Clair's Kingdra murdered my entire team. :<
    Luckily I had a 'mon that knew Attract and Thunder.. even that didn't work too much.

Morty, I love the guy, but Hypnosis and Dream Eater... ugh. D:

Years
    Well I can't say I hate one, but there are individual pokemon I hate.
    First off there's Whitney's Miltank, most people have trouble with.
    Another, Morty's Lv. 21 Haunter, which I just found out about, ripped apart my team with the classic hypnosis-dreameater combo.
    Finally, Clair's overpowered Kingdra, it's moveset and typing make it quite a pain to take down.

Back