• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What i noticed

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2008
    I don't watch this program alot. Sometimes when i am bored and turn the TV on i watch it, but i dó notice someting in the whole TV series that makes me angry (and don't ask me why!):

When one character talks, all of the others characters are completely made from stone. And what i mean with that is; They do absolutely nothing!

Have you guys notice this too?

(im sorry if i am going offtopic)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yep, Pokemon pretty much has to be the lowest animation budget out of all anime (I reckon). It's an issue that annoys a *lot* of people. On other forums people actually dread the episodes drawn by certain animators where they're that bad.

ハリマ☆ハリオ

播磨拳児
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    Really though, with a lot of screen motion you're going to have a pan-up on an important happening and then the reactions. To show it simultaneously would need splitscreening.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    If I was working for the animators I'd tell them, "I don't care about the budget, just make them move, you" with the rest deleted from my memory. *sigh* It's not in every episode watch over 500 and you'll see.... I saw a lot of them... The entire 8-10th season... 7 times each...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    When one character talks, all of the others characters are completely made from stone. And what i mean with that is; They do absolutely nothing!

Have you guys notice this too?

(im sorry if i am going offtopic)

Holy Milktank. No, but now that you mention it I'm gonna take a better look when I watch Pokemon on Saturday.....

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    That's called: Japanese Anime to you, mister : )

Most Animes do that. They have extreme action, Guy goes blablabla, others freeze, other guy goes blablabla.

But hey. Nothing t3h US can do about it huh? That's just the traditional Japanese animation form.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Ha. I noticed this on the lastest episode of Pokemon I watched. Dawn was just standing there blank, and I thought, 'what the hell is going on here?'. Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was happening.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Do you know how much stock animation they use in Pokemon, let alone other Animes? Countless amounts. So does it really surprise you that the characters will frequently move about as much as they did in old episodes of Scooby Doo or Johnny Quest?

And before you get mad, think about it. Alot of Animes do that. It's probably a budget thing.

Back