• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(What if) Pokemon bought out by Disney

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    In the games you would be playing as either playing as Hannah or one of those freaks who call them selves the Jonas Brothers...there would be little kid puzzles like count how many houses are in this town.

That'd be pretty funny if they had little puzzles like that xD..

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Admit it: We've always wanted to battle Frontier Brain Mickey, hear the Pokémon theme tune sung by Miley Cyrus, see Ash in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and play as Pikachu in Kingdom Hearts.

Seriously, though, I would abandon Pokémon if that happened. But still keep the non-Disney things from the past, to remind me of the good ol' days. :'D

After braving many challenges, Red has finally beaten the Elite 4, making it to the champion. Approaching the room slowly, our hero enters the room in order to complete the final stage of his quest, only to be greeted by...

"Oh gorsh, looks like you made it through everyone! Hehaha! *yulk*"

... ... ...

^Post is amazing.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    They recently brought out marvel i think Disney would want to see how that turns out before they buy anything else but i don't think it is very possible but i still don't know why you guys are acting like everything Disney touches dies. i mean like have u heard of kingdom hearts Pure Gold

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    That would never happen D:<

Since NIntendo owns Pokemon then a huge war would commence and we would all die.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    I'd buy 2 items, then make a bonfire out of them.

If Disney done Pokemon *shudders* imagine all the kiddy changes.....Rock type Pokemon would be pink......the water types would be ducks and ducks only.......Misty would be replaced with Donald Duck...*shudders*

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Disney probably wouldn't try to buy Nintendo, seeing as Nintendo is Japanese.

It's probably not going to be as bad as you think, though. The High School Musical game for the DS was essentially an EBA ripoff, but it was decent. Kingdom Hearts, while quite possibly one of the most overrated game series of the past decade, is decent as well.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I'd kill myself...I'm terrified of what the possibilities would be...what if instead of Red/Gold/Brenden/Lucas you had to choose one of the Jonas Brothers....I'd honestly drown myself in my bathtub.

Last edited:

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    you guys know that Disney hleped produce that pokemon heros movie right?
    any ways, well ...JEUES NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WTF Disney buying pokemon would send every pokemon fan away to DinoSaur king and that should NOT HAPPEN!!!!
    ...sorry

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    no no i hate disney i would go and take all the active pc people and we would all beat up the disney people.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    It wouldn't be as bad if it was the villans in Disneys movies as the bad guys, that would actually be quite interesting. However, if they put Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers as allies and Gym Leaders..*shudders* lets just say, Wailord would be hurting things other than mods and members.

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
    If Pokemon was bought by Disney, the whole franchise would be Epic (Fail), that we're sure of.

I really wouldn't mind the random blonde girl in HSM (played by Ashley Tisdale) being part of Team Rocket. A game like that would surely sell out. Even I would get it, though I hate Disney to bits. xDDD

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    For once I am thankful that the Japanese government is protective of its companies.

Besides, Disney has nothing to gain from buying Pokemon. They are not a video game company, and Pokemon would probably lose millions of fans if it were to happen.

On the other hand, you made me think of something else: a Pokemon theme park (Or Nintendo theme park with a Pokemon section).

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Actually , Donald Duck would kick out a Girafarig just to replace it .
    1. Battle Ffrontier Facility : Jack Sparrow' (spelling :( ) Battle Room : Come and eat your Sword , Trainer !
    2. Nintendo !!!! Bought by DISNEY !!!! Shut up ! I'd throw up my hopes of getting a DSi for my birthday (which happens to be 14th September (2 more days ) ) right on the WC!

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    ... Now I've got this mental picture of all the Pokemon characters jamming out to Disney music. Thanks, guys. Thanks. :x

I actually don't mind Disney at all, let alone the fact I can't see much controversial topics in Pokemon they would have to tamper with. But just for the lulz;
    The Elite 4 would be composed of the three Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, and the Champion would be Walt Disney, the creator that started it all.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    No, no, the Champion would be Mickey, and he'd use himself in battle. Walt gets repersonified as the obligatory professor.

PokeBug

Aaron's Apprentice
    Years
    This is a sick and twisted thread. I would literally break my DS in half, crush my Wii, smash my Gameboy....everything! Oh my God this is...no...wow.....

Back