• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if pokemon games were not turnbased?

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    That is amazing and very professional looking

I can see that being a pokemon RPG style-d game

or maybe the next game ^.^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Yep, the nine-and-under demographic certainly has the dexterity for Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger-style RPG battles. Hell, It was hard for me to get used to CT's battle system when I first played it at sixteen. XD

If Nintendo would stop marketing the games to younger kids and focus on their thirteen-and-up fanbase, this might be plausible in the future. :D

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    except, the one thing nice about turn-based is that you're never in a rush.

Sometimes I will start a battle and just leave it sitting until I get a snack or pee, or something ^.^

AND YES, WASH MY HANDS.

Years
    Very nice animation.I like the menu,so big and fun to read. @__@
    Anyways..if Pokemon wasn't turnbased/an RPG,You'll probably be having to either use your control pad and Letter Buttons fast. Or atleast using your stylus like mad.
    -Presses Dodge 39480293 times- (:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    LoL it'd be wreacking havock I mean attack and heal in same turn ? also no breaks since your opponent would KO u too fast not a g00d idea o_0

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    Admittedly, it would be interesting, but I agree with 560 cool. It would simply be a matter of whoever attacks fastest wins.

Years
    Admittedly, it would be interesting, but I agree with 560 cool. It would simply be a matter of whoever attacks fastest wins.

Not really, different attacks would take longer for you to recover from, and the better trained your pokemon is, the better it listens. It would take just as much stategy as the turnbase games, except you have to think faster. It would be just like the battles in the show.

If Nintendo would stop marketing the games to younger kids and focus on their thirteen-and-up fanbase, this might be plausible in the future. :D

Haha, yeah, that's what I was thinking, little kids would probably be too slow and dumb to be able to do this.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Pretty much it would be like playing final fantasy except your using pokemon in battle to battle other pokemon. If this happened I would probably be playing pokemon a lot more lol. I like your little animation thing by the way.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I would love to see this made into a game, if only as a test.

I think the system would be easy to get used to and it would make the game feel more fast pased like a Pokemon battle should be.

thumbs up on the awesome idea.

Years
    i would definatly like a spin-off game like this (spin-off first, to get used to it)

but i love the animation and love the idea even more =D

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Cool, but it would overwhelming, especially with double battles...

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
    i ask this question my self every time i enter the first battle when i turn on my ds though i see it more on the wii the grapics would be pretty(yeah i said pretty big whoop wanna fight about it?)

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    One thing I like about Pokémon is its turn-based nature. While I think your idea is pretty neat, and possibly even warranting a spin-off, I love not being rushed. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I think ti would be pretty cool if it was Final Fantasy VIII like (havent played other FF'S yet)

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    no it is just like what happened to Final Fantasy it got wrecked it was great all up untill 12 where it had a stupid new battle system no Final Fantasy is ruined for me i hope that i never happens to pokemon

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    You'd get the original Digimon World. Not a bad game, actually. Different moves take a certain amount of time to "load up" before being executed. A Digimon using a move that took a while, like Buster Dive, could be canceled out by quicker moves like Sonic Jab. Meanwhile, Speed would not determine who attacks first, but how often each one attacks.

Of course, it wouldn't work out as well without the game's other features. Features that defined the game outside of battle were the fact that evolutions were determined by parameters such as stats, weight, happiness, care mistakes, etc. (Imagine your partner being like Eevee or Tyrouge no matter who you had) The fact that you raise them from birth, rather than caught them, would only work in conjunction with the strength purely being determined by stats, no level. To make sure that you can't mindlessly max everything out like you can in many Pokemon games, they died of old age after a while. That meant you had to learn how to make the most of your time, balancing your stat training just right in order to get anywhere in the game.

Back