• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if....

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Good tiles are nice but I don't really mind if they aren't good but I don't want to see unchanged tiles. It just doesn't give you the feeling of a different version anymore.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Who cares about the tiles? I'd play it if the story is good, the maps are good, and the scripts are nice.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    lol okay...please read ths post..
    the next question is...
    QUESTION 2.
    Would you rather play a boring hack with nice trainer sprites/OW sprite
    or an interesting hack with the original trainer sprite/OW sprite

Years
    the next question is...
    QUESTION 2.

Isn't it obvious? Everyone would do the latter. Only graphic-freaks would choose the former. And even then, they must have some crazy sense of enjoyment. However, your definition of 'boring' could flip the tables around. I presume you mean go to the Elite 4 staight away with a Level 80 Cascoon, Metapod and Kakuna, all knowing Harden only. Just because it's the same as the Nintendo story, though, doesn't necassarily make it boring. Some hacks have that storyline and are amazing and enjoyable. So, it depends on your definition. OWs aren't completely necassary, but it is nice to have custom ones. :\

Oh, xmouvelianx, you might want to add Question 2 to the first post to prevent confusion, m'kay?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    the next question is...
    QUESTION 2.

Only graphic freaks would choose the boring hack with new trainer sprites/ow sprites. As I said before, its about the story, map and scripts. So I would choose the latter.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    If this was a survey that you wanted to do quickly, you would ask us all the questions at once. Seeing as you aren't, I suppose this is where you want to take your time, for some reason.

Latter for sure, I would definitely play an interesting, normal graphic hack over a graphic stunning boring one. I have often said before - Focus on sprites and tiles less than script and story, as they can be easily changed last, and oh so easily.

Panschop19

Gimme da pasta
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    mmm... interesting plot, you can ask someone to change your tiles later xD

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
    ..what are you talking about?
    interesting plot?
    oh i get it.. sorry about that..
    oh yes guys i forgot to put my answer::
    i would rather play an interesting hack with original sprites because it doesnt bother me at all..
    what bother me is the scripts that they make..i hate script that they just edited from the already used ones...
    like oak's script when you try to walk into the wild..
    @banjora..
    i have no intention of what you think lol..
    i just want to know what people thinks so that i can improve on future hacks..
    not my current hack cause i already got a plot.

Back