• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Most of my personal e-mail addresses I've had over the years have some variation on 'mrcatdog', so when joining internet forums and the like, 'Mr Cat Dog' is the natural extension. As for the origins of the name itself, it has one of two foundations:

1) I may have been watching the old Nicktoons show CatDog at the time and found inspiration from an unlikely source
    2) I may have been influenced by the presence of both my cat and dog: a rare period where they co-existed in relative harmony before the cat ran away and presumably died or something...

Years
    My username is a combination of Dark, Black and Shadow. If I could change my username, I would have it as 'Overlord Drakow' but alas, that feature has been removed.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I tend to have huge problems with such things. It took me an hour of thinking to come up with something creative, and then I gave up. So, I threw in the name of my favorite Pokemon, plus something(Shiny) to distinguish it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Heeere we go:

Pikataro was a combination of Pikachu and -taro, which is the suffix Gold from PokeSupe attaches to the nicknames of his Pokemon (keep in mind this is long before they began re-releasing the manga in America).

Serene (yeah I know it's not there on my previous usernames list; long story) is from the character Serene in Riviera: The Promised Land, the first in one of my all-time favorite video game series.

Zuzu comes from Ruby's Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert, who shares the name.

Yuyuko comes from Yuyuko Saigyouji, sixth stage boss in Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom and playable character in a few games afterwards (not to mention a boss in Shoot the Bullet/Double Spoiler).

Natsu-kun comes from Natsu Dragneel, fire dragonslayer of Fairy Tail and my current obsession (one year and still going strong!). Natsu was already taken so I added -kun on.

Roswell comes from Roswell Branthèse, head of the Black Rose House in Yggdra Union, second game of the series I mentioned for Serene and Yggdra Unison, a spinoff of Yggdra Union. So no, I did not get it from the place in New Mexico, X-Files, Lain, etc.

---OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY ALT. NAMES TIME HENCE THE SPOILER---

Spoiler:

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I was just thinking about how Accelgor reminded me of Altair when I signed up, and I figured Accelgor was already taken

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    ~BZuma: Well, I got attracted to this site by a Hack called sea blue. I want to play but it was in Spanish, so I went on Google translate and started translating, I went to post on his profile of what I had done, so I tried to think of a name, I saw someone's name of the credit list was something like Ozmas, so I just changed it.

Ben.: my name is ben.

Years
    I've never gotten a name change or wanted one. I've always been Ambellina (which is my real name) on every site or some variation (Dear Ambellina on twitter) it's a pretty unique name so I'm told & I love it. X)

입치트

Light up the night!
    Years
    • Age 13
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    입치트 (Ipchiteu) is the Korean name of Mawile, my favorite Pokemon. If I remember correctly,
    Mawile and most of the names I usually go by online were unavailable, so I decided to pick this one.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Caelus was the name of one of the Roman Gods. Sounded pretty cool, and he was associated with the sky, so that's why I chose it.

As for my previous usernames:

Glion: Gliscor's Japanese name. I liked Gliscor and I really could not think of a better nickname at the time.

CyberGlion: An extension to my previous name. I liked the word cyber and thought they sounded cool together.

Blazing Gliscor: I wanted to use a different name. Not much I can say about this one.

Yuukinoh: Misspelling of Snover's Japanese name iirc. Decided to keep it like that anyway.

Years
    My username comes from my name. My name is Travis my middle name starts with a J and my last name starts with a B. The 90 comes from the year I was born, 1990.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2012
    My name comes from me being obsessed with Sparta/Spartans after watching 300 a countless number of times. Which also lead me to watch Spartacus a Tv series but i change the Cus to Kiss because of the rapper Jadakiss

Back