• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I was drinking caprisun when I made my account. :cheeky:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Mother 3, actually.
    My usual internet username is Ryuukasu, I got think from Lucas' name, Ryukasu. I just added another U to make it connected to a dragon. I have no idea why I typed in "~Ryukaa" when changing my username. :/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    It just came to me one day when I was thinking about making an account on youtube to make pokemon hack videos.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Many people in real life call me Arma.
    Arma means Weapon in Spanish (I didn't know that for years)

I somehow ended up with El Arma Secreta (=The Secret Weapon), I don't know why I typed my name with only lower-case characters and no spaces.

Years
    I put a lot of thought into what my new user-name would be, and I arrived at this, Regeneration.

Regeneration: To reform spiritually or morally.
    ^ That was actually the reason I chose it. :x

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I came up with this one back when Generation IV was coming out. I was looking through a list of all the new Pokémon, saw Heatran (then only known as Hiidoran) was a fire-type legendary, and I just kinda jumped on getting it as my user name here. People identified me most by that user name... so it's kinda stuck ever since. XD

THANKFULLY, no one but other staffers can see the HORRID names I had before this one...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Those thar two numbers, 0 and 1.
    Umm ..I'm not really sure myself. I think it kind of reflects a little bit of my personality, which I won't say here. Try to figure it out. Aaannd the Binary Number System is just so awesome, no?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    -insert Youtube url to Forever because I can't find one that embeds properly-

Forever by Chris Brown. :)

Basically, back in October 2008, when I found out I could change my username faster (three months instead of four, due to being a supporter), I changed to Forever, because it was my favourite song at the time, though if I recall, I planned to change to "eternity" or something along those lines and it was actually taken. So, something sparked in my brain and I realised Forever would be even more appropriate, and luckily it wasn't taken. However, by about May 2009, I wanted to change my username to Nurse Nica - something I didn't think very long about, but I just changed to because I wanted ~change~. Anyway, soon after that, by next change, people kept saying "change to Hakeen next!!!" (Hakeen = Neekah = Nica) and...I did. I really regretted that, so at the next chance I could, I changed back to Forever and by the time final name changes occured, I knew that Forever would be my username, well... Forever. And now, the username is more than just the song, it's me.

Last edited:

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Got my name from my favorite chocolate bar, Kitkat. xD

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    Hm...Black is one of my favorite colors (yes, some people would say it's not a color but a "value", but hey, I don't care xdd).
    And Prince, because I love related things with the Middle Age.

Also, I chose "Black Prince", because that's how we call Lelouch Vi Britannia from Code Geass, who is one of my favorite characters ~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Pikachu, obviously.

No, but more seriously I just happen to like Landorus.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I honestly can't remember what inspired my name change. I think it was along the lines of trying to think of something that was a real word, but not something dumb. I was gonna go with Squidward Tentacles, but I didn't like that. I then thought to myself something like "I need to think of an alternate username... hey, what about Alternative?" and yeah. Something along those lines, and thus this is my username. XD

It has nothing to do with the music genre though.

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
    I used to get called 'Wee Man' by this Scottish kid in school, because I was so small when I was younger. I'm still below average height for my age, but nowhere near as small as I was, I was literally half the size of everyone else up until I was about 12. The '10' is for the year I joined as well. :)

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I don't know. I always liked the name Ryo and Yuki, combine them up and you get Ryouki. Pretty lame, but still. Although I love the fact that it can be pronounced two ways.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, originally it was "Unidentified Flying Aces" because I loved playing H.A.W.X. on my Xbox360. That's now broken xD
    But that's how I came to that username (better than Divine~Deoxys, formerly known as ROFLCune, formerly known as kiddo911 xD)

Then I started reading PokéSpe, decided Lance was awesome (already like him from when I battled him on LeafGreen), so I became Lance (UFA).

When we got given the option for one last name-change, I decided upon "Amore". My reasons? Well, I was obsessed with Italy (Still my favourite country, to be honest), it translates as "Love", which is hardly a bad sentiment, is it? (Could've made people question my sexuality, but as it turns out you're all nice people). It's also simple - easy for me to remember, easy for others to type, and doesn't need any sort of special characters.

And, well, people kinda know me as Amore, so I'd never change it even if I had the chance. Maybe use an alt, but never re-name this account.

Back