• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Internet browser do you use?

Which Internet Broweser is better?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 90 62.9%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Safari

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I switch between Firefox and Chrome. Chrome is definitely the faster browser, however it has a fair amount of quirks that can be really annoying, like occasionally a tab won't close or something. Firefox obviously has the add-ons, and seems to be a little more stable than Chrome. I'm not going to say which is the better browser, but at the moment I'm using Chrome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Opera and Lynx. You fail at polls.

Opera is the best browser as is, Firefox requires plugins to match but is able to best it. Just as well I have no interest in plugins.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    lol...my bad....ill start msg u before i post so u can tell me what to add...k?
    lol, you don't have to make a message to me if you don't want to, but okay.

It is all about Firefox and Opera to me. Firefox has the customization and the spell checks in default, but Opera to me is more organized, neat and fast to surf. However, many users don't know what the Opera software is. I give them both a tie.

In second place, I have to give it to Google Chrome, it is pretty creative. They say its safe, but that's what they all say. ;]

In third place, it is the Apple Safari, nice design, but I don't like the low speed of it.

And in last place, it is the Microsoft Internet Explorer. This is my default web browser so it can match up my Windows computer. But I am not just going to abandoned it, I still like it. The reason why I put this in last place is because Internet Explorer is plain with less features compaired to the others I have said.

There are other unpopular web browsers like SeaMonkey, Camino, Konqueror, Amaya, Flock, etc; I would just prefer the popular ones today. I don't need more than five for now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I use Mozilla Firefox, its less laggier then Internet Explorer.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I used to use Internet Explorer. Then somebody hacked it or something (I'm sorry I really don't know) and we switched to FireFox because thats what it suggested. I like FireFox. It seems easier to use then Internet Explorer.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Real men don't need a browser. I wrote a program that requests a page and displays the HTML source on screen, and I render it mentally.

In all seriousness, though, I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 with Adblock Plus (EasyFilter; RIP, Rick, you did great things).

For those of you that claim Chrome or Safari is faster, you have not tried Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 3; I guarantee it. For the record, there won't actually be a 3.1; they've decided to rename it 3.5, as the scope of changes is far greater than they initially thought.

Update: I am now using Mozilla Firefox 3.5 Beta 4.

Last edited:

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 3 with Adblock Plus (EasyFilter; RIP, Rick, you did great things).

For those of you that claim Chrome or Safari is faster, you have not tried Mozilla Firefox 3.1 Beta 3; I guarantee it. For the record, there won't actually be a 3.1; they've decided to rename it 3.5, as the scope of changes is far greater than they initially thought.
    I will get Opera 10, Google Chrome 2, Safari 4, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.5 when ever they come out. I am not in the rush or anything. But, lol, who would be in the rush for active web browsers that get updated on time?

What? Internet Explorer 8 is out already? I better get it added to my web browser collection. I see the release date for IE 8 was March 19, 2009.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I use Mozilla Firefox, I just switched cause a friend from school told me that Internet Explorer gives you more viruses.

Is that true?
    Sort of. Pretend there's a giant neon sign when you're on the internet that says "INFECT ME!" and points to you. Using Firefox is like getting rid of that sign.

I will get Opera 10, Google Chrome 2, Safari 4, Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.5 when ever they come out. I am not in the rush or anything. But, lol, who would be in the rush for active web browsers that get updated on time?

What? Internet Explorer 8 is out already? I better get it added to my web browser collection. I see the release date for IE 8 was March 19, 2009.
    Sort of. The RTM release of IE8 has passed already, but GA is still somewhere off in the future (RTM = release to manufacturing, GA = general availability).

Last edited:
    Back