• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is better: Free or not free

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    And Sawaa, which is better? Mac or Linux?
    This isn't my question to answer, but I can give a ( somewhat ) unbiased answer. I can give this answer because I used Linux before I got my first Windows computer, and then I eventually moved on to using Redhat and Mac.
    What undoubtedly turns people off to straight up Linux is the fact that Linux expects you to know what you are doing, which includes knowing the command line codes. On the other hand, Linux has always run alot faster than Windows in my experience, there are also tons of applications on the Internet which runs on Windows, and once you figure out what you are doing Linux works like a charm, although again, it expects you to know what you're doing. There are also other Linux Distros to use where you won't have to even enter a command to open a CD or Zip Drive, such as Ubuntu and my favorite, Redhat ( Which isn't free by the way ).

Now let's talk Mac, you can pretty much sum up in 4 reasons why Mac is a great OS.
    1. Macs have a beautiful look, on the inside and on the outside. The OS X has wonderful graphics and an elegant way of operating things.
    2. Macs have wonderful navigation. It is simply extremely easy to find your files on Mac computers.
    3. Macs are pretty much bug free. Apple updates the Software every few months, each time its becoming more and more bug free and more and more sweeter.
    4. Macs are powerhouses. For years, graphic artists and publishers have almost exclusively used Macs for work. With the Mac Pro, you can get Adobe Creative Suite 3, a suite of tools specifically designed for creative professionals. Whether you're a web designer, a graphic artist, an art director, or a video professional, Adobe Creative Suite 3 will make your work easier, better, and more fun.

In the end, it just depends on your personal preference. I personally like the OS X much better than I did Linux, and if you have the cash, I suggest you get a Mac.

There's my two cents :p

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Wow Virtual Chatot. Is there a picture of you beside Fanboy in the dictionary?

Also all of your reasons are terrible.

1. I prefer function over form, therefore XP w/ Windows Classic is superior and cheaper.
    2. I've never found explorer hard to navigate.
    3. I run XP without anti virus and I never get viruses.
    4. My PC can be upgraded at any time, 2d apps don't require insane hardware.

Really, all OSes are the same.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020

1. I prefer function over form, therefore XP w/ Windows Classic is superior and cheaper.

How is Windows XP cheaper than Mac OS X Leopard?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021

Get over yourself, I wasn't even talking about Windows at all. Stop being such an idiot -_-

By the way, your Windows fanboyism is on the same level as my Mac fanboyism, so shut the hell up you hypocritical cow.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Get over yourself, I wasn't even talking about Windows at all. Stop being such an idiot -_-

By the way, your Windows fanboyism is on the same level as my Mac fanboyism, so shut the hell up you hypocritical cow.

Virtual Chatot, calm down before you get yourself in trouble.
    There are better ways of putting things. e_e

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Get over yourself, I wasn't even talking about Windows at all. Stop being such an idiot -_-

All I'm saying is you're paying double for inferior hardware when I can just as easily run OS X on my PC.

What I find HILARIOUS is that Apple actually market their higher end Macs as able to run Windows. Hipocrites or what? What happened to "Vista, Just another reason to buy a Mac!" I think it was in the store.

To a normal user such as myself OS X holds little to no gain over Windows or Linux, buying a Macintosh would only be necessitated as a "luxury" item. It's more a fasion statement than anything else.

Don't get me wrong I think Apple do some amazing products in the portable music player market but they've a long way to go to appeal to their target demographic when It comes to their computers.

PS. At least I don't have an XP install disc as my avatar and a ton of ThinkPads as my signature. :P

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    wait, so you're telling me that my download of opera from the opera website isn't a legal version since opera isn't free? wow how much does opera cost? I really want to buy it and be a non pirate

It's free to use, so I'd just say it's freeware. You have to buy Opera for Wii, PDA and DS though so I think that's where the license is. Technically it's not freeware, but it is.

Eureka1

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    When did you have to pay for it with the wii?

You're probably an early Wii user, when Opera Browser was free. Now it's like 500 Star Points or something.

I dunno how you get those but, it's not FREE as such.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • I like free stuff, but I'm willing to pay good money for good software...

Although some software... I just download and install them illegially just to show the company some spite because I hate companies who over-price their software (Windows, Photoshop, etc.) although It did get me into a habit of photoshopping...meh. Adobe is already Rich enough... And Microsoft speaks for itself thanks to Bill Gates

Back